WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Just a post for anyone interested in the Socom Gear DD rails... They fit with no trouble at all. You do need the DD wrench though, or maybe a strap wrench. The DD 9" rail that I got is drilled halfway through on the backside, finish the hole and you should be able to use your gas tubes.

Also, the DD burnsed sling loops fit, but are smaller than the receiver end so they leave a bit of a lip.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

so let me get this strait. WA barrel and stock kits fit right on?

G&P Tank kit!!!

Well, he said that it clamps on tight with the barrel nut. It lacks grooves on the sides that actually slide into the slots in the upper receiver (to prevent rotation), so there is the chance that it might rotate.

Or if the WA fits I can get one from Ebaybanned for $16 free shipping. If not than yes a RS one would be my next option. Any ways has anyone used one on a WE?

Omg...i understand people buying $300 cloned rails for $50 but buying a $20 RS local part for a $16 cloned part from another country??? These bad economic times must be rough for you.

Omg...i understand people buying $300 cloned rails for $50 but buying a $20 RS local part for a $16 cloned part from another country??? These bad economic times must be rough for you.

OH.....good deal. Do you have a link where I can find a tango down RS grip for $20 with free shipping? By the way these are bad economic........I was sent a pink slip saying when things pick up again you can come back to work. I don't think that is something to joke around about. Out here in Southern California there are A LOT OF POEPLE trying to make their mortgage and their car payments after being layed off. Mortgages come first, then a $50 RS grip. Wish we all could be as fortunate as you.

Coco thank you for answering my question....I will look in to the RS grips.

Edited by HSOJGNILRAD
OH.....good deal. Do you have a link where I can find a tango down RS grip for $20 with free shipping? By the way these are bad economic........I was sent a pink slip saying when things pick up again you can come back to work. I don't think that is something to joke around about. Out here in Southern California there are A LOT OF POEPLE trying to make their mortgage and their car payments after being layed off. Mortgages come first, then a $50 RS grip. Wish we all could be as fortunate as you.

Coco thank you for answering my question....I will look in to the RS grips.

Not to start any trouble here guys, but 'gnilrad, you can buy Real Steel grips for dirt cheap everywhere.

Here is a guy on my real steel AR15 forum toight.

TANGO DOWN BATTLE GRIP IN PACKAGE - 25.00 SHIPPED.

They have many parts for the AR15 and their Charging Handle fits perfectly without any mods

what do you mean -> "without any mods"?

Do those CHs have another shape (front) or do they just fit into the M4 (with the bolt carrier problem) ?!

Not true if its a standard AR15 charging handle. It sort of works. YES it will pull the bolt carrier back - but so will a piece of string hanging out the back of the upper receiver. :D

When the RS charging handle is new, it has crisp edges and JUST catches the corner of where it is supposed to catch...once this rounds off from normal use (in my case, 1 day), the hooked end slips over the place it is supposed to "grab", then will hook the next thing in its path - the cast part that holds the upper roller.

Its ruining the cast part in the process - and since it is over a half inch away from where it is SUPPOSED to be pulling from, when the bolt carrier returns forward, it cant take the charging handle all the way in...you have to push the handle in the last 1/2" (to 3/4")

You need to extend the charging handle tip by any means you can. (info with pics at the wiki post). Approximatly 1/8th of an inch. Unless you dont care about clean, reliable operation. Its your party.

Edited by rottenotto

Pollux, I PM'd you back.

A few new pics. A new look for the WE M4.

This is a real A.R.M.S. SIR system, #50sc bi-level. It bolts right on the WE with zero modifications. Front sight is the new folding Silhouette, also from A.R.M.S.

WENICE4.jpg

WENICE2.jpg

WENICEPROFILE.jpg

Edited by rottenotto

I don't like those SIR rails, but thats just personal preference..

..still waiting for the spare charging handle from AB :/ .. and still haven't found a RS charging handle with a reasonable price.. :( -> links to UK or other EU shops, pls!

Edited by Carsten

so otto, your upper wobbles too? How did you shim it?

Anyone know if real buffer tubes will fit on the WE lower? Was thinking about putting a full length tube on to fit a solid stock.

Also, tried ottos fix for the bolt carrier and valve. So far everything seems to be copasetic. Thanks Otto. :)

my upper is a little wobbly aswell, any quick fixes?

And in WE news, aparently there are a lot of seperate parties making upgrades for the gun as we speak, and WE is redesigning the hop-up. Another comany is making a 6.01 inner barrel, but I am not sure how well it will work since I get bb jams every now and then with the original barrel. airsoftammosupply.com is going to be selling a lot of these parts very soon, and the best part about them is that they are US based.

to prevent jams, id check the internals of the mag every once a month (my M9 and 1911 mags built up a little shaved metal and dirt) and clean out the gas paths in the gun every day after a use. then clean the barrel at the same time. anyways, bb jams happen all the time in AEGs too.

someones developing a 6.01? hopefully they are for the 2nd version of the hop unit or their market will disappear.

nope. its a complete redesign. i think the new barrel will come with the unit.

the reason the thing is being redesigned is cause people wanted more range and accuracy. and you need a better hop cut in the barrel and more than a round nub to spin the ball, that's the problem with KWA/KSC guns, just not enough contact area.

im glad they are redoing the unit, lets me hope for a good one this time. at best, a type of v hop. (please,please,please,please)

Edited by Horsem4n