WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

To all:

Our intention/plan is to set up 'WE parts/service centers' worldwide so that all of you will no longer have to order parts from all the way across the globe & have to hang up your piece for a few weeks before having it fixed & use it again. We pride our gun system as being one of the simplest to maintain & most suitable for actual skirmishing extensively; however, as with most moving parts & mechanisms, we must accept the fact that certain parts will wear down & need replacement from time to time; so it is our (WE & WETTI-AFC Custom) responsibility to offer the best possible after-sales maintenance support for our products.

Having said the above, the task of setting up these 'parts/service centers' is not a simple one as it seems; so I plead for all of you to bear with us for just a little longer and I promise you that, in the very near future, you'll be rid of the 'high maintenance parts' issue from ANYWHERE around the globe.

WETTI-AFC Custom

I would like to nominate Power

Edge Hawaii (www.poweredgehawaii.com) as a WE parts/service center. They are a large retail storefront with an online retail arm (www.poweredgeusa.com). Plus they are close to where I live :D

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I would like to nominate Power

Edge Hawaii (www.poweredgehawaii.com) as a WE parts/service center. They are a large retail storefront with an online retail arm (www.poweredgeusa.com). Plus they are close to where I live :D

Somehow I cant see Peter stocking parts for it. Especially since its both a gas blowback and chinese.

Somehow I cant see Peter stocking parts for it. Especially since its both a gas blowback and chinese.

I beg to differ, I have talked to Dave and Peter and even let them shoot my gun. Both seem interested and would support anything they bring in. I have been shopping at Power Edge for many many years and have never been let down by them not having or being willing and able to get what I need. It was just a thought and would make my life a little easier. In fact, if Peter were to carry the M4 I may be able to finally get back a replacement mag we blew up when we tried to put CO2 in it :D

I wanted to be sure before ordering, but the WE M4's on Redwolf and WGC now come with the steel bolt catches, correct?

I also remember seeing a link somewhere in this thread (can't find it) that redirected you to a website which lists RS parts that will or will not fit the WE M4, such as rail systems, stocks, etc. I'd like to start taking a look at what kind of front ends I can throw on it. To my understanding, any RS front end should fit, right?

My new steel bolt catch came today and the differance is evident instantly !

Much more positive lock. The new bolt is greyer in colour and heavier than the cast bolt catch I had before that bent .

Many thanks to Mark at Tactical Quartermaster for getting it to me so fast ;)

Anyone tried to mount a Noveske free float hanguard rail? Should I expect problems with the thread of the barrel nut?

From what's been reported so far, fitting handguards have not been a problem: the barrel nut thread is the same as the real deal.

I know nothing of PowerEdge, but it seems like putting a major distributor somewhere as isolated as Hawaii may not be the wisest choice. Think of the US markup + shipping to continental 48.

Got my WE M4 2 days ago. I must say I'm very impressed. Sure, 30 round mags are going to be a pain against 300 rounders that everyone else has, it just means I have to improve my marksmanship tho :P It's also a much cheaper alternative to the Marui SOPMOD, which will require all new mags even though I have the old M4.

I'm wondering though, can I use silicone for everything when I do maintenance? From what I gather from the 100 over pages of posts, seems like I will need grease on some parts.

I've only ever done maintenance on AEGs and GBB pistols, so I'm not sure about GBB rifles. And I use silicone for everything on them.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. I'm planning to do a full servicing before heading out for the first game...

In fact, if Peter were to carry the M4 I may be able to finally get back a replacement mag we blew up when we tried to put CO2 in it :D

So that was YOUR mag i saw the picture of? :)

I know nothing of PowerEdge, but it seems like putting a major distributor somewhere as isolated as Hawaii may not be the wisest choice. Think of the US markup + shipping to continental 48.

As hard as it is to say it, I agree. It wouldn't make sense considering how many people we have here on the island compared to the mainland US. And imagine...that markup is what we see for practically everything we order from here :( But at least we can use our gas guns all year round ;)

I also remember seeing a link somewhere in this thread (can't find it) that redirected you to a website which lists RS parts that will or will not fit the WE M4, such as rail systems, stocks, etc. I'd like to start taking a look at what kind of front ends I can throw on it. To my understanding, any RS front end should fit, right?

Not sure what you're looking for exactly, but here's one, here's another.

I'm wondering though, can I use silicone for everything when I do maintenance? From what I gather from the 100 over pages of posts, seems like I will need grease on some parts.

I've only ever done maintenance on AEGs and GBB pistols, so I'm not sure about GBB rifles. And I use silicone for everything on them.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. I'm planning to do a full servicing before heading out for the first game...

Silicone grease should be fine, but oil is a bit too thin and runny to be really effective on the larger moving parts (like the bolt carrier).

Has anyone heard of an ATF ban on the importation of the WE M4 to the US? Is this true? Theres a post on ASF where someone mentions it... So what does that mean for those of us in the US with outstanding orders? Any ideas?

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/M4-Wa-M4...5#entry17971745

EDIT-

I got linked to the info:

http://gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=528

I guess nothing is solid yet...

Edited by devilstar2k2
Has anyone heard of an ATF ban on the importation of the WE M4 to the US? Is this true? Theres a post on ASF where someone mentions it... So what does that mean for those of us in the US with outstanding orders? Any ideas?

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/M4-Wa-M4...5#entry17971745

EDIT-

I got linked to the info:

http://gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=528

I guess nothing is solid yet...

well at least something constructive came out of that thread.

(3) None of the issues mentioned above will delay our SCAR project or the very exciting one after that :shh: (hint: SD-6)

From what's been reported so far, fitting handguards have not been a problem: the barrel nut thread is the same as the real deal.

Were not as isolated as you would think. We are closer to WE than the mainland as well as the closest port of entry for shipments from Asia which would (and has for me) cut down transit times into the US. There is always USPS flat rate shipping and UPS even offers "ground" to and from HI at a minimal cost. Besides, it was just a thought are an established online retailer with good customer support.

I beg to differ, I have talked to Dave and Peter and even let them shoot my gun. Both seem interested and would support anything they bring in. I have been shopping at Power Edge for many many years and have never been let down by them not having or being willing and able to get what I need. It was just a thought and would make my life a little easier. In fact, if Peter were to carry the M4 I may be able to finally get back a replacement mag we blew up when we tried to put CO2 in it :D

I'll have a chat with dave next time I go in.

Also, you're an idiot for putting CO2 in a magazine designed for propane. Propane is pressurized at about 200 PSI, if you put unregulated propane in it, you're looking at well over 1k PSI.

You're lucky you didnt lose a hand or get someone hurt. Remind me not to go to Power Edge when you're doing stupid things.

I'll have a chat with dave next time I go in.

Also, you're an idiot for putting CO2 in a magazine designed for propane. Propane is pressurized at about 200 PSI, if you put unregulated propane in it, you're looking at well over 1k PSI.

You're lucky you didnt lose a hand or get someone hurt. Remind me not to go to Power Edge when you're doing stupid things.

Excuse me? I'm not trying to be rude here, but were you in the room when we did this? Did you know we used a regulator and pressure gauge and took other precautions. I suggest you get all your facts straight before calling someone an idiot. This was an experiment we did to see what the mag could handle, we knew unregulated CO2 was out of the question, but wanted to stress test the mag. Hope we don't run into one another at PE. PS Just a reminder; I guess you won't want to be near PE anymore since Peter was the one who suggested the experiment :).

Edited by hazmatt