Madbull Chrono...suspicious

galactica

The first result I would imagine is from the BB 'dinging' the chrono....all the rest, not a clue...and why weren't you given a mag of .2s? If the Mall is still at 328fps max then really you shouldn't be shooting more than 280 with .25s or 305 if you are at a 350fps site (these figures are what I aim for so if I drop .2s in I find I'm 3-5fps under the site limit) Only other thing thats caused variance is if you shoot through a chrono at a slight angle I have seen some bizarre fluctuations in FPS and I've yet to see a chrono station as it were that is actually stable, the other thing is the consistency of your gun but I've never seen a range of 50fps on an AEG.

Indeed. The 74.6fps reading happened a couple of times on that particular day, it had some very bad compression issues and wasn't firing correctly.

I'm going to be taking it to Airsoft Armoury to have a looky inside and see if they can tone it down a bit :)

Just ordered myself a X3200 chronograph so I can properly measure my weapons at home instead of going to the site and finding its too hot.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the X3200's - nothing to calibrate it against, but its a good unit.

Last year, I put my finger at the other side to firmly hold it, like a complete idiot, and my brother shot with my old CO2 AW-338. The X3200 had no problem measuring 890fps, lets just say the state of my finger supported the reading. :(

I like the X3200's - nothing to calibrate it against, but its a good unit.

Last year, I put my finger at the other side to firmly hold it, like a complete idiot, and my brother shot with my old CO2 AW-338. The X3200 had no problem measuring 890fps, lets just say the state of my finger supported the reading. :(

Oh *suitcase*! :o

I bet that bought a tear to your eye?

It has, mine, I'm crying with laughter :rofl: .

In that 'I hope you were ok & there but the grace of god go I', kind of way. ;)

I used to chrono folk at a local event, holding the chrono in front of my belly. Kind of as a back up to the reading & a dare to anyone with a hot gun. :o It was a 300fps site & no one ever went too far over. Thankfully. :huh:

Greg.

Outta interest Guzzi does Unreal require a player to turn their hop off before chronoing and does Hilton Park? Near the start of the thread it was briefly covered about a gun set up for use chronoing at/under the site limits but it would be over if it was chrono'd hop off [but in a state unfit for use], on the other hand, there was also a gun which chrono'd under the site limit with the hop off, but was 40fps over with the hop set for how the gun was to be used.

Just wondering if there any other variables to your encounter. I did think about the possibility of the temperature affecting things based on a day where I saw everyone chrono'ing 20fps lower even on stock guns or otherwise untouched guns from previous visits and I'd double checked a few on my XC3200 against the site Guarder and they read the same. Obviously, if they were in at Hilton very recently it wouldn't really matter much.

Personally, I am a proponent of turning hops off before chronoing as that should give the maximum potential of the gun. If you set it up as 1J with hop on, but for some reason fired at someone with the hop off, youd technically be over 1J!

However, because some guns actually GAIN power with hop on, plus the difficulty of re-setting the hop to perfect after its been turned off, means that like every site Ive been to, we now chrono as it is intended to be used.

I know what you mean though, I have my SD16 which chronos at 320 exactly with hop off...chronod it yesterday hop on and it was 278.

---

Last week we had some lads come down who have played at another, reputable site. I dont know whether they had changed springs, chronod with 2.5s at the other site or what but all of their guns except 1 came out at over 350. Obviously unsuitable for use in CQB. One was over 420. I wonder if that site, also, has a Madbull chrono?

• 1 year later...

Hmm this thread has inspired me to get a x3200 to compare results with my madbull (and then probably sell the madbull assuming there is a big difference). =\

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I finally got around to comparing the two.

Edit: set it to one of the higher resolutions to read the xcortech screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ln2hr0Jx-g

Thirding, would really love to see another vid done with the chrono's swapped around for a fair test. I don't think you'd see such a huge change in FPS over a few inches but the only way we'll know for sure is with the things reversed.

As the tread has come back to the top again I might as well post my experience yesterday. Was in the line for the crono, my tern came up m24 is known 500fps cronoed at 453 on .2s. got home and thought something was up as a loss of 40fps is quite a bit. As i had the day off today i took it to the local air rifle shop and used there crono as i normally do, the m24 cronod over 5 shots and the lowest was 494fps highest was 499.

Spoke to the site operator this morning about the issue and new crono is on order,

thing that worrys me was that there were alot of guns around the 340 mark yesterday.

Archived