Do you think Co2 capsule powered guns should be allowed in skirmishes?

Rob15

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Co2 capsule powered guns should be allowed in skirmishes?

• Yes, but only if they are subject to the same fps limits and checking as any other gun would be
    • No! Co2 is the power source of the devil himself and should be banzord outright!

comicmygirlfriendismyhandjaredhindm.jpg

Is this 'Laura'???

I understand what you're saying, but i'd say that makes it even worse.....

Rob; But if that is so if the field had a decent marshalling ensure that the person was/was not using the different gasses/silencer (lack of a better word) to ensure the person using it was getting constant FPS? (If any of that makes sense)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rob; But if that is so if the field had a decent marshalling ensure that the person was/was not using the different gasses/silencer (lack of a better word) to ensure the person using it was getting constant FPS? (If any of that makes sense)

Then it wouldn't be a problem, but in that case nor should Co2 really, the point i'm trying to make is there are plenty of non-Co2 guns where the fps can be manipulated with minimal effort and often without any alterations needed to the gun itself.

Then it wouldn't be a problem, but in that case nor should Co2 really, the point i'm trying to make is there are plenty of non-Co2 guns where the fps can be manipulated with minimal effort and often without any alterations needed to the gun itself.

Precisely this, which is why the demonisation of CO2 powered guns is silly.

Good to see sense prevailed in the poll respondents as well. It currently stands overwhelmingly in favour of CO2 guns.

Now if you get an STTI MK23... fps can be manipulated purely by screwing on a mock silencer and changing gases.

The good part is that particular gun becomes horribly inaccurate beyond belief with the suppressor on making your chances of actually hitting someone with uber fps slightly lower than just poking an eye out with the damned thing.

As for the issue of classic guns, most of them are made to run on a low pressure/fps setting. They get most of their range out of their parts and not their fps so cranking the pressure would be like a someone putting a 550 fps spring in their crossman to make it perform better. Its a rather noobish thing to do and due to the cost and work classics require, there aren't many of those types of people running about with them. The bad rep for classics comes from people who play against them and don't know anything about them. They see the massive range they have and go and tell their friends that they must be shooting at like a bajillion fps man. When in reality its usually more like 350

The good part is that particular gun becomes horribly inaccurate beyond belief with the suppressor on making your chances of actually hitting someone with uber fps slightly lower than just poking an eye out with the damned thing.

However several people have managed to rebuild the stock silencer so it doesn't screw up the accuracy.

So really the truth is, my fear of being shot by a hot gun is placed in the fact I know some of my local sites (and personal favourite weekenders) don't take the chronoing seriously enough.

(If people want to know these sites, PM me, but I'm not posting them up on an open forum)

(Quote tidied)

I'm personally up for naming and shaming the sites who don't chrono.

After all, they are taking liberties with your safety, and that does not fly in my opinion.

I vote YES for CO2 powered guns.

I would include the caveats included above, (chrono ALL guns regularly including spot checks in the field), and make it clear, ANYONE caught with a hot gun regardless of powersource goes home there and then.

Do not pass go, do not collect £200.

The airsoft community has a very annoying habit of panicking before all the facts are in, and so far, in only 1 case, has that been justified.

CO2 guns are not the problem, people are the problem.

Either people using them, people complaining about them or people scared of what other people might think if it's revealed they exist.

Chill and enjoy, (Responsibly).

quite so. As it's emerging in the Madbull chrono thread, the UK skirmish sites have a great deal more introspection to be doing about their own practices. Perhaps soon we'll see a shake-up and the complacent & lazy site owners will have to get themselves squared away with a home office approved chrono and mandatory safe zone chronoing.

I've got a gun that has been banned at a site due to there being a way to fire it over the FPS but all that means I don't use that gun at that site. It doesn't mean I go on another forum trying to find people who agree with my point of view that it should be allowed.

I think somebody just revealed slightly more than they intended to. :P

Huzzah, i'd not have spotted that part if you didn't quote it Stealth :)

I've got a gun that has been banned at a site due to there being a way to fire it over the FPS but all that means I don't use that gun at that site. It doesn't mean I go on another forum trying to find people who agree with my point of view that it should be allowed.

So what you're saying is if an interesting (and so far this thread has proved quite interesting with some perfectly valid points, although most don't apply to UK sites) topic is brought up as a result of a decision a site has made i shouldn't post a poll about it on a very international forum with a much wider range of people viewing it who probably havent got it stuck in their mind that Co2 is evil and see what the general opinion of people is? Forums are great for information and discussion which is exactly what has happened here, there has been a sensible disucssion about a very valid topic.

I'm not going to argue the point with the site because frankly i can't be arsed, they've made their decision and i doubt theres anyway i could try to change their minds so as far as i'm concerned thats that.

There is also a bit of a business interest here for me as well, if the poll had gone massivly against Co2 guns on the whole i'd not have left a load of parts with an engineering company to be priced up in batches of hundreds. As Chimpy quite rightly says though the results of the poll shows that common sense has prevailed and it is very much showing towards Co2 guns as long as they are checked and meet site fps limits.

Archived