A&K SVD PICT'O'RAMA + first look

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick news flash, my Chinese cloned POSP doesn't fit... QQ

just recieved my svd and scope on Thursday, ordered my scope from Ebaybanned and it has taken me until tonight to get it fitted.

The problem being the spring used in the scope catch was way to strong. Had to unsrew the latch by hack sawing a screw thread at the bottom so i could remove it and cut the spring down.

Don't know if this might be the same problem.

Also the housing for the light bulb for the illuminator does scratch the the reciever cover.

Nick

Yeah the bulb section scratches the top cover, not the end of the world tbh.

Digicon Straights 0.3 did the following:

Madbull 0.25s:

399 exactly

Blaster 0.2s:

Gonna try a diff spring.

For some reason this has now dropped to 420-30 on 0.2s.

The POSP is on but it has scratched the top cover. Frankly that's ###### design from whoever made the POSP.

If you're going to get a Chinese made POSP be prepared for the tight fit and some possible aesthetic damage to the top cover.

I'm wondering if the spring is the weak link in this, the piston and hop look ncely but together as does everything else. It doesn't feel like I'm holding a sub £100 rifle here.

People seem to be asking a lot of A&K SVD questions here, so I'll ask some myself :)

1. How is the quality of the metal parts?

2. How heavy is it actually? (in kilos please ;) )

3. What is the magazine like? I know it is a highcap, but is it of good quality?

I would also know what scope you guys would recommend for this gun. I would like a Russian SVD scope, and I've heard that Kalinka Optics is a trustworthy shop, but I am unsure of what scope to buy :/

People seem to be asking a lot of A&K SVD questions here, so I'll ask some myself :)

3. What is the magazine like? I know it is a highcap, but is it of good quality?

I would also know what scope you guys would recommend for this gun. I would like a Russian SVD scope, and I've heard that Kalinka Optics is a trustworthy shop, but I am unsure of what scope to buy :/

Quality of the metal is very good imo.

Weight wise I have no scales so couldn't say its very light though imo.

The mag is all plastic, rigid enough construction, flip up lid seems a bit flakey though and mine takes an unnerving amount of force to open.

Well some notes for those who have these, on a madbull m130 non linear spring this is kicking out a pretty steady 365 fps. The hop needs some attention out of the box, mine goes laser straight for 30 metres and then tends to pull a 75 degree swerve in a random direction.

The build quality is fantastic for a sub £100 gun and the hi cap feeds flawlessly.However the release tab is weak and can allow a fountain of bb's to come flying out of the feed port bit if overwound out of the gun.

1. rock solid, the scope rail is a little scratched after having a tightly mounted rail, but overall its pretty good.

2. Not sure on kilos, although its pretty chunky, you'll find most of the weight is in the sights though.

3. 190rd (?) highcap, used it today and it fed every round. There is a little mag wobble and you may have to get used to the highcap rattle though.

I've currently got a regular scope on top of a rail adaptor atm, although I'm gonna change that for a 4x24M POSP as soon as I can afford to.

You can tell the chinese and russian scopes apart due to the metallic finish of the russian scopes, compared to the black of the chinese. This may not be completely true though.

the original spring is in the high 400s...

i put in an m130 with a spacer made from a section of marui M9 outer barrel, no clue on the readings yet, and haven't tested it at range, but it sounds pretty disappointing when shot. like blowing a bb through a straw.

i may leave the stock spring in and live with the 100 foot engagement distance. ill just have to decide on what to build as a CQB - 100 foot scrimmage gun. im thinking marui MP7, but im also thinking MP5k.

the original spring is in the high 400s...

Mine isn't doing that, its doing 430-440 at best on 0.2s.

i put in an m130 with a spacer made from a section of marui M9 outer barrel, no clue on the readings yet, and haven't tested it at range, but it sounds pretty disappointing when shot. like blowing a bb through a straw.

I tried almost exactly the same thing but with a spring that had been doing over 400 in an AEG, hence me taking it out of that. I got 370-390 readings on my Chrono

i may leave the stock spring in and live with the 100 foot engagement distance. ill just have to decide on what to build as a CQB - 100 foot scrimmage gun. im thinking marui MP7, but im also thinking MP5k.

I'm thinking The same thing, I wanted a Skorpion for this exact purpose. Might try and pick on up.

1. rock solid, the scope rail is a little scratched after having a tightly mounted rail, but overall its pretty good.

2. Not sure on kilos, although its pretty chunky, you'll find most of the weight is in the sights though.

3. 190rd (?) highcap, used it today and it fed every round. There is a little mag wobble and you may have to get used to the highcap rattle though.

I've currently got a regular scope on top of a rail adaptor atm, although I'm gonna change that for a 4x24M POSP as soon as I can afford to.

You can tell the chinese and russian scopes apart due to the metallic finish of the russian scopes, compared to the black of the chinese. This may not be completely true though.

Ah, I see, thank you :)

Kalinka optics sells both scopes with metallic finish and black finish as Russian optics, but I am pretty much clueless here ;)