A&K SVD PICT'O'RAMA + first look

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To anyone who has received their dragunov -

How are they? I'm hoping these are the ones with the upgraded trigger mechanism and 6.03 barrel, so performance-wise, how are they doing? Let's hope these are as good or better than the latest model before the China crackdown, both internally and externally.

The gun uses AEG springs, so you can put a light one in if you like, and generally people have to wear gloves when pulling back the bolt due to the odd shape of the handle, otherwise a large blister/callus develops.

aye , I realise that but the fps is spot on from the box for what I need it for ;)

I'll get used to the rough fingers after a few games

its not an upgraded trigger mech, its an upgraded selector mech. the trigger mech from the old and new models are the same.

i now recommend staying away from firefly packings. the nozzle depends on how tightly the chamber side lip of the hop up packing hugs the nozzle for the air seal. replace the stock bucking with one that can support a PP on that lip. i noticed that the stock bucking shot better than my firefly bucking (when it shot straight).

Been playing with a Loaner KA version for awhile and I recently received a Broken AtoZ ( Snapped rear "Trunnion"). Proceeded to buy a used A&K receiver and started transplant

The specs on the AtoZ and the A&K are not 100% for those of you hoping to pick up the A&K as a spare parts gun for the AtoZ, It is more like 95% there, with minor fitment issues..

For a successful transplant, you will need to...

- turn down the barrel trunnion mount

- Shave off the rear of the trigger housing.

- Shave off little bit where the trigger guard meets the rear trunnion

- Bend top over tabs to match front grip retainer

- Shave top cover tabs to a taper vs straight

- Shave bit off of rear of top cover where it contacts the receiver.

Comparisons between the two receivers.

- The A&K feels sturdier and sold in the land.

- The A&K has better tolerances between the top cover and receiver

- The A&K has the selector lever firmly attached to the selector, vs the AtoZ's flimsy worn press fit.

- The A&k's barrel trunnion has a slight inwards taper to the center, If i were to redo the trunnion, I would add O-rings to the ends of the trunnion insert to balance out possible wobble.

- AtoZ fore grips feel like shellac'd bark. Really light in the hand...REALLY loose.

ATM no Pics because... well I am tired and wanted to drive home. I'll get some Saturday.

Edited by Mr. Blue

heres mine with POSP sights fitted

Just a note about clone POSP and issue originals, some people have mentioned the fact that clone units have scratched their top covers, this is due to the poor battery/LED reticule illumination design of the clone sights, these mods are not present on real issue sights, giving them better clearance, but beware of buying old real steel items that havent been converted as they use strange sized soviet batteries that arnt easily available.

...generally people have to wear gloves when pulling back the bolt due to the odd shape of the handle, otherwise a large blister/callus develops.

I blended out the sharp edges on the front of my AtoZ bolt handle, makes a big difference to cocking it.

Still tough to do but nowhere near as uncomfortable.

I almost completed mine. looks sweet.

got mine and a wood kit from ehobbyasia and a used a the ics ak scope mount and a spider scope.

the wood stock needed a little work to fit but wasn't hard.

only thing thats missing is a ak stock butt plate to protect the wood.

oh and a and lesser power spring. or i might just dig up a old TM spring and give it a pull...lol.

its great the spring change is a 2 min job.

taking it for its first spin this sunday... pending typoon. :o

will get some in game pics.

:rolleyes:

using a lager bolt handle will make it easier, theres no other way except fixing your technique. the easiest way to cock the gun is to hold it firmly to your shoulder, make a fist around the bolt handle with either the small finger side or index finger side grabbing the handle (whichever is comfortable) and giving it a sharp tug. having it against the shoulder helps a lot.

to make the bolt handle bigger, i said this a few posts ago, you need to get your hands on a 7.62x54r shell casing and glue/epoxy that over the bolt handle.

The limits in belgium are 500 FPS, so the stock velocity is good enough.

Where can I get better sears, if there are any.

Since the stock ones are made of the cheapest material they could find in chinastan.

And oh, what weight of bb's would you use? Especially BIO BB's.

The following brands are aloud here:

- HIDD

- Green Devil

- Bioval

- Biostar (wich is pure ######)

- Extreme precisions

and some more wich aren't worth mentioning.

I was thinking about using .28 green devil's, or are .25's good enough?

Thanks in advance guys.

There are no reinforced or spare sears according to my knowledge.

Thats why i changed my stock spring for an m120 since it already showed significant wear after just couple of hundred shots. as for the BBs id suggest .28s since you are using the stock spring.

Just got mine today, chronoed it and shoots a steady 515-525 fps with .20gs (average of about 30 shots).

Is it me or the spring they put in these things seem pretty random? mine was bought from ehobby btw...

Also did anybody try these yet? http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/russian-posp-4x26-svd-red-illuminated-sniper-scope.html

that scope looks to be another clone. its more correct than the other clones, but it doesn't have the semi glossy, slightly pitted looking finish the real optics have. at least i think.

but one thing for sure, it doesn't have any markings.

and yeah, looks like A&K may have either switched up to more powerful springs or they are really random. cause they went from ~400+ to ~340 to what you have.

Edited by Horsem4n

Well in any case, I just ordered it and I'll let you guys know how it stands up...

Also, a guy on another forum asked airsoftgi to test the Classic Army 40rds mags in there since they're pretty similar and they answered that it fits and feeds correctly.

I also ordered them but they're backordered so as soon as I get them, I'll confirm.

Edited by MrBond

that scope looks to be another clone. its more correct than the other clones, but it doesn't have the semi glossy, slightly pitted looking finish the real optics have. at least i think.

but one thing for sure, it doesn't have any markings.

Alright just got the scope today. It is as advertised: a russian-made clone. It's a bit different from the chinese clones I've seen before (screws, paint, material, etc...) The illumination on mine came broken. The wires are mostly external and one was cut off. For that price tho I didn't really care about the illumination. The scope quality in itself is suprisingly good, eye-relief is quite far, especialy if you're used to ACOGs like I am. The finish is rubberised paint, the metal underneath is similar to a Tasco scope. The brass piece between the mount and scope will indeed scratch the top cover of the SVD but will fit right in. The mount, altho a good copy of the RS, is quite loose and needs reinforcement. All in all, you mostly get what you paid for. If illumination did work I would see it as a bonus lol. The batteries used are not some weird russian make btw.

I would only recommend it if you don't want your scope to cost more than the SVD riffle itself, like I did. If you want efficiency/quality and realism, pay double the price and go for the cheaper ones at www.kalinkaoptics.com (around 170 USD$ + shipping for a 4x magnification)

Edited by MrBond