A&K SVD PICT'O'RAMA + first look

yeah, i have been looking at that thing too. i just hope, that come next week, it'll still be available. cause from what i can tell, jaidenten only made like a dozen or so kits and havn't said anything about followup kits.

if its available next week, ill probably be able to grab one. but it will be a while before ill be able to do anything with it though. but at the same time, i REALLY dont need to start another project. my M500, M9, Masada and G3 are all on my plate ATM.

Edited by Horsem4n
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the trigger releases the new piston and when it hits the nozzle area it opens the valve temporarily? It seems a bit random unless the spring is very, very consistant with that pressing force...

springs usually are.. thats how every other gas rifle works

Sorry to derail this topic a bit from the CO2 conversion, but it looks like I may just have one of these things in my hands soon and would like to know a few opinions on the following.

Scope? I'm thinking of getting a 6x POSP, is that good for 500 FPS with .2g, or should I go with a 4x scope?

BB weight. I'll be getting the newer type that fires at about 480-500 FPS, and if it doesn't, I'll make sure it does. That being said, would .28g BBs be heavy enough for it, or should I think again about the weight of BB to invest in?

Scope? I'm thinking of getting a 6x POSP, is that good for 500 FPS with .2g, or should I go with a 4x scope?

IMO more than 4x is a bit of overkill. You could also search for a variable 4-8, 3-9 or 2.5-5 scope. They all exist for SVD mounts.

BB weight. I'll be getting the newer type that fires at about 480-500 FPS, and if it doesn't, I'll make sure it does. That being said, would .28g BBs be heavy enough for it, or should I think again about the weight of BB to invest in?

0.28 would be about fine. I started using 0.30 but the result wasn't that good, although I've read good comments on it.

About the CO2 cartridge, a player from Madrid has been doing some tests with it.

- The gas valve is easily modifiable to change the FPS using shims.

- The piston rebounds inside the cylinder, sending some gas backwards through the cylinder, due to the piston head having no o-ring at all. He'll experiment to see if adding one somehow would help sending all the gas forward, therefore improving gas efficiency.

- Quality wise the kit seems to be done well enough, but it lacks some refinement, as the already mentioned o-ring.

• 2 months later...

As default, the CO2 filled piston bounces between the release spring and the valve spring, making an auto-like fart of CO2. It sounds like 5 rapid shots. I haven't had time to tinker with a softer release valve spring, but I thought another modification that I wanted to try out. I decided to park it for a while while I was getting a part made for me. Unfortunately the part is taking too long to be made...

As soon as I get better results I'll post them here.

• 1 month later...

I have my finger hovering over the purchase button at the moment. I looking to get my A&K SVD from Actionhobbys.co.uk, they mention adding a new spring to bring it down to 300fps but they also supply the original aswell. Anyone bought the SVD from here before?

Also im a lefty :P, any other leftys here had any problems using the SVD w/scope?

[EDIT]

I took the plunge, just ordered mine! cant wait.

[/EDIT]

Edited by torN-
  • 6 months later...