A&K SVD PICT'O'RAMA + first look

i love it, and it will look much better with that stock.

okay so out of these two

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=567

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=62

Which would you guys recommend for airsoft use?, and also they should fit on the ANK SVD right?

either is fine.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://posp.ru/4x24m.html

or that one, which is the one i've got. and, for what its worth, the correct recticule for the SVD ;)

$179 USD delivered, too. bargain.

anybody had any luck finding spare parts for this? i've a King Arms/A to Z caro one and i need a new hop unit :(

looool, if you end up taking my offer for the motors, ill add my spare A&K hop unit in the package for a little more cashes.

other than that, you could probably contact fronteirs about getting one from the factory and shipping it to you. but i dont know about his relationship with A&K.

Edited by Horsem4n

Well, had I hade some normal picatinny scope mounts, then I would've used them instead :P

Besides, the flip up front sight and the back sight in the carry handle are perfectly aligned, almost as if Sergei Simonov ment for this configuration to work ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bane, that sucks a lot. but still, your lazy *albatross* had a month to take those pics before you had to sell them :P

i have an update on mine though, my barrel from EdGi finally came in today. for the record, its a 6.03 450mm barrel. i also installed my soft, firefly bucking.

i should be able to take a short range trip tomorrow, to zero my scope and get some groupings numbers at medium range. will be a while before i will see the full effective range this thing has.

my tape mods still work to keep the barrel from wobbling. i still havnt done anything with recoils yet, just dont have the money.

Kamigawa, im sorry that i still havnt gotten the pics up. i continued to search for a place that sells metal mags, but none of the pictures on any website have metal mags in them.

i would email the shop you want to order them from to see if they have them.

alright, i got out and shot it a little while ago. seems very awesome, but im seeing alot of flyers. i know this is contributed to a new hop up, but the inherant bad airseal these things have whill contribute to flyers way after i break in the hop up.

im going to look around to see if its at all possible to replace the loading nozzle with one from another sniper rifle.

my range consisted of finding a tree, standing about 300 feet away from it and just shooting at it to get my hop up set for my current BBs and to zero at least the Y axis of my sniper rifle. which i did. when the thing shot straight, i could hit the tree where i aimed, the the lot of fliers shot my hit average to around 3 per dozen shots.

after i break in my hop up, which wont be for a while as its hard to shoot over a thousand rounds out of a boltie in a short time span, ill do a groupings test at 25 yards.

it was a good size tree. so if it was a person standing there, i probably would have only hit him twice out of those ~80 shots i took at that tree. the rest were zeroing my scope at a shorter distance and mucking with my hop up.

Edited by Horsem4n
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the local players out here has a business license with Spartan Imports, so we're going to try to get me one of these babies. I'd likely be getting one of the newest models, I think. I'll be sure to give some input on it, especially if it seems even remotely different from what I've been reading up on in this thread (I seriously just went through all 12 pages)

Yeah, I gathered that much from just about every page it's mentioned on. I'll grab a PSOP from Kalinka Optics (not sure if I should get the 400m or the 1000m one), or just use my 3-9 with an SVD low mount. I won't be seeing my SVD till August, it seems. The guy at Spartan Imports says late July for A&K SVD's to come.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got myself a preowned one at last .

I have to say i'm impressed thus far but tomorrows game will be the real test.

Can't see myself firing more than 70 rounds with that bolt though :P

The gun uses AEG springs, so you can put a light one in if you like, and generally people have to wear gloves when pulling back the bolt due to the odd shape of the handle, otherwise a large blister/callus develops.