A&K SVD PICT'O'RAMA + first look

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btw, since we often hear people complaining about customer service, I just wanted to share the opposite. I wrote to eHobbyAsia asking for a compensation because of the illumination problem on my scope and after requesting I take pics of it, they sent me back a 25 USD$ coupon for a futur purchase, all this 3 days after I received it.

Kudos to eHobby, it's great to see a company that likes to keep their customers happy.

Got to meet up with a benefactor last night at the machine shop. Suprise Suprise in his trunk, a recently CA-legal converted SVD. Got a chance to play with it = OMG

A few Comparisons between the A&K SVD and a Norinco NDM-86

downsized_0804000241a.jpg

NDM-86

AtoZ with A&K Body

King Arms SVD

downsized_0804000242.jpg

Handguard comparison... The real ones have a slimmer profile and thicker cross section. Feel very good in the hands. This one is very blonde.

downsized_0804000242a.jpg

NDM-86 stock vs AtoZ... The real one is again thinner in profile, feels really good in hand. More solid and heavier. Shallower grip angle, very slight but you can feel it. Blonde.

downsized_0804000241b.jpg

Receiver Comparisons.

downsized_0804000242b.jpg

Russian Nightscope on the King arms. Does work but recticle is slightly askew.

General Observations...

Not bad for a $200 gun vs the $6500 real thing ( ok, its chinese, but thats better than a psl). The receiver on the airsoft one is heaver than the real one, as well as the top cover. Only small differences in terms of curves on the rear stock. Real trigger group fits into the A&K/KA body...

So, why were so many SVD's housed in a small machine shop? My benefactor and I want GBB Svd's...:D

• 2 weeks later...

eww gas in mag? can you do something where i don't have to change the line over from magazine to magazine? maybe utilize the space between the mag catch and trigger guard to have a gas line? cause i would want to use a high cap as i don't like to carry around extra mags.

its just a suggestion.

EDIT: actually, i was thinking more into this and i have a probable idea for something that can use a gas magazine or external power. if you want to hear it, let me know. ill probably draw up a rough diagram of it.

Edited by Horsem4n

EOL, i have almost the same setup, il post pictures later on, only diffrence is that i have battle axe wood kit.

But i have a question about the scope, you have the same scope as I, but mine wont zero in, its aiming like 4 scope dots to high, so i have to use the lowest dot in the scope.

You know how to zero in that perticular scope ?, on real POSP scopes you can loosen some screwes and thus zero the scope.

But on this replica, those arent there, so how do i do that ? its really frustrating.

Are yours the same ?

that wouldn't be a bad idea if you know how to. its not like they even begin to try to fill them with gas, thats the only reason not to disassemble a real one, other than the fact that they work more often out of the box. you'll get the chance to clean it up too.