A&K SVD PICT'O'RAMA + first look

Going further on what I said regarding the cheapsoft scope. If you have a Dremel and don't mind 5 minutes work you can make the scope fit better and what's more NOT dmg the top cover of your rifle. I can still screw out the brass section I've just ground quite a bit of it away. It's surprisingly soft and wasn't an issue for my Dremel.

100_0549.JPG

100_0551.JPG

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately my rifle dropped about 30fps from first trying it which I'm really gutted about. ~430/440fps atm aint worth using on the skirmish field and I've found no way of reliably upgrading it :(

On a side not has anybody else had issues with their AGM POSPs? Mine only illuminated very briefly when I got it and since then I've bought new batteries and gotten nothing. The reticule is so thin that without illumination its virtually unusable.

Unfortunately my rifle dropped about 30fps from first trying it which I'm really gutted about. ~430/440fps atm aint worth using on the skirmish field and I've found no way of reliably upgrading it :(

My AtoZ was shooting right under 550fps/.20g and I believe the spring put in it was the Guarder M170. I don't if being in the UK means you can get high powered springs like that though? :unsure:

I noticed barrel wobble last night but the screws did need tightening a touch. I've not skirmished with it yet so that will tell how stable it is.

i skirmished mine yesterday and overall id say its got the range but the acuracy can be a bit random

(goint to fit a 6.01) after the first half of the day i had to strip the frount and tighten the grub screws that hold the barrel in place and im also going to fit two more grub screws as the 2 on the virtical cant do the job

ok had the barrel out its 590mm long

the reason for mine being so random

about 15mm in there is about 4 small blisters in the barrel

its a bit of a turd the road i walk down

1. cut the barrel 15mm shorter

2. buy a Prometheus 590mm 6.03mm barrel if i can find one

3. get the systema 6.04mm

what you all think

there is no barrel wobble its the outer barrel that moves.

If there is no barrel wobble how the outer barrel can move?

Or do you seriously think only the outer barrel wobbles, but not the inner? :D

Point is, if any of you really want to improve accuracy, instead of buying useless inner barrel upgrades, please fix the outer barrel assembly and install a mechanism (a ball bearing and a spring for example) which will make sure the nozzle is always locked in the same position.

If there is no barrel wobble how the outer barrel can move?

Or do you seriously think only the outer barrel wobbles, but not the inner? :D

Point is, if any of you really want to improve accuracy, instead of buying useless inner barrel upgrades, please fix the outer barrel assembly and install a mechanism (a ball bearing and a spring for example) which will make sure the nozzle is always locked in the same position.

Which location would you have this?

Because on closer inspection to the hop unit and the section the nozzle goes into there IS a metal ball bearing with a spring pushing it down, there's a second grub screw near the hop which tightens the grub screw and thus the spring.

Spending $$$ on tightbores won't fix the wobble of the barrel assembly and the hopup/nozzle inconsistency... Don't expect much improvement in performance, if there will be any. ;)

i know you wont believe me, but i have fixed my barrel wobble. it doesnt move a tick.

but your still right on the nozzle innefficiancy. im still working on a solution.

there are always answers.

Edited by Horsem4n