PGC 1911A1 metal kit

ezgil

well i received the kit today and have been plugging several hours into the work of getting it all together. after some trial and error and six hours, i've managed to fully assemble the pistol and work out several kinks. but, alas, some have got the best of me and i am seriously pooped right now lol. here are the four issues at the moment:

1) when the slide is on, trigger safety does not engage, but when slide is removed, it works with some force.

2) hammer when cocked does not always lock into the cocked position; sometimes it takes several tries before it finally stays put

3) hammer gets stuck at the bottom of the blowback unit when slide is returning from recoil; i filed the BBU down as much as possible but it still meets; is it ok to file the top tip of the hammer?

4) slide does not return all the way to the fully normal position after blowback (and after moving the hammer out of the way); it sticks out still by about 1/3 of a centimeter. pushing down from the top of the gun and to the right though makes the slide move back into the flush position with the frame. got no idea where to file for this one.

help would be GREATLY appreciated, folks, thanks for looking.

problem 3 as well is solved :)

all that remains is problem 4. im sure i have to file somewhere...but the slide now fully cycles, and quickly too, but on the return it seems to snag somewhere about 2-3 mm before returning completely to the flush and ready position. thus, if pressing the trigger again, you just hear the valve being hit and a funny hollow sound instead of a nice loud clack and the slide racking back again (it stays stuck at that 2-3 mm protruding position). thus, i have to jimmy around with the slide and push down from the top as i said above until it finally sits flush again and the next shot can be fired. any clues here folks?

How did you solve problem 4 then? Where did you file?

Your new problem could simply be caused by not enough gas in the magazine at the time.

Try filing up with gas and load the magazine with 10 BBs or so and see if the problem happens then.

well, problem 4 was solved by filing the rail of the outer frame at the very back end of the pistol. most of the rail that meets the slide is on the inner frame, but the very edge is partof the outer, and i filed it at an angle so that the slide could meet the frame with little friction on the return from the blowback.

also, fixed the problem of the slide not stopping. i was being an idiot lol, the barrel bushing was not locked into place correctly lol.

after doing some testing today, i found the rubber ring that rests at one end of the recoil spring kept on folding inwards from the intense pounding of the 150% spring, which caused the slide to jam due to the protruding ring. i removed the ring and the gun is firing pretty smoothly now. occasionally the slide does lock when racking it to chamber a round, but it's not a big issue.

the big issue however is a performance drop. bb's are maxing out at around 20 meters, which is high unusual for a TM, so i'm sure something's gone amiss...i got no clue where the power shortage is coming from.

Archived