Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Drake: Yes, it's been confirmed it's in the game. Short list also shows Mk.14 EBR, AUG A2, UMP.45, and a Glock (unsure of the model).

@frankimac: In one of the developers interviews for the game, he mentioned that, during play testing, he liked to stack up behind two people using shields, and the third using his rifle. Shields are a confirmed perk in MP.

Hmm, I think maybe the Air Force One was hit, and crashed, so the secret service is trying to protect the President inside?

So they can use shields in MP?

I really don't know how well that's going to work out. People are going to just hide behind other people using shields, and shield Spam.

@Drake: Yes, it's been confirmed it's in the game. Short list also shows Mk.14 EBR, AUG A2, UMP.45, and a Glock (unsure of the model).

@frankimac: In one of the developers interviews for the game, he mentioned that, during play testing, he liked to stack up behind two people using shields, and the third using his rifle. Shields are a confirmed perk in MP.

Can you provide a link to the weapons list?

I remember reading it somewhere...

I was just thinking this morning that you should introduce a Glock to the game :D

There's no "official" list, just what has been seen in the videos. There are plenty of threads on IW's community site and the X-Box forums with lists, however, and sometime soon there should be high-res screenshots of the video. If I find them I'll try to link them.

Here's one of the X-Box.com threads: Link

Best I could find, but it has some inaccuracies.

can't wait. i couldnt give 2 *suitcases* if the wrong AK selector switch is on the AK, or the mag in the UMP looks a bit out of scale, makes no difference to enjoying the game unless you're far too anal.

what i did notice is that on the mag pages scanned in, whoever they were interviewing said something along the lines of "we done lots of co-op stuff before, but it makes more sense here"

i hope to god this means co-op campaign. there would be an explosion.in my pants.

Ehh my complaint in MP was really just two things: nades (need to be either removed or retooled 100%) and shooting through walls. There's no point to taking cover in COD4, since even a pistol can penetrate rebar concrete at 100 yards :S

Ehh my complaint in MP was really just two things: nades (need to be either removed or retooled 100%) and shooting through walls. There's no point to taking cover in COD4, since even a pistol can penetrate rebar concrete at 100 yards :S

Whats your issue with the nades? I thought the way they 'worked' was fine, but the 3-nade perk should be removed so every player is limited to a single nade. Agree with you about the round penetration though.

Watching it through again, this looks awesome... I was worried first time that it looked like it had gone way too SF and PMC...

But then I saw the FAMAS, AUG and Kriss and all was well... Also, when you see the Kriss, all of the guys appear to be wearing Shirts and ties, with an asault vest on top...

I also think the suggestion of an M240 is correct... at 10 seconds, there is the guy with the Streetsweeper Shotgun and the guy behind him has an M240

cos it's balls. The only good things it does have are things it stole from COD4.

anyways, I too would like to see bunny hopping stopped (perhaps by making it impossible to shoot whilst airborn?).

Also, I really hope they re-think a lot of the perks. Some of them are good (offer an advantage but aren't cheap) whereas a few are just stupid.

Archived