Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

LOL, just saw the trailer, when I see the spec ops team, I am immediately reminded of Akiba :P

But the game does look awesome. Nothing wrong with linear shooter as long as it's well done, a good linear shooter is better than a mediocre sandbox shooter any day.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking that over I'd say at least one of the campaigns involves playing as a PMC, judging by the equipment/uniforms.

Possibly. It looks to me though that the civi/PMC gear might be SF using civi gear in populated urban environs for deniability.

Agreed. I like how "cosmopolitan" (if that's the correct word to use) this new installation of Modern Warfare has become.

The inclusion of civilians is also a great idea. It adds a different level of complexity to those urban missions.

Did anyone else get happy in the pantaloons when they saw the SPIE system at the end of the trailer? I did.

Gives me nightmares of air assault school *shivers* although they dont have to build their Swiss seat...

Why do I suspect that's a scene from the game's climax though....

Cod 4: The first two runs through the single player were epic, mp was good with only minor quarks, I much prefer hardcore Search and destroy to the regular death match game type...

COD 5 hmm... never could buy this one, rented it twice but ww2 guns just don't give me the same tactical feel that modern guns do.. fairly good single player got very good at the end =)

(pistols sound and feel so toyish)

(grenades defiantly were a little weak..)

CODMW 2: i have high hopes for this and welcome new guns and perks =)

I think that if they give any leaway to how a gun looks or shoots it all goes downhill. It just means that they have an excuse to be sloppy and give the "good enough" excuse. I think that everything should be as realistic as possible. I believe that the developer at IW should fire, hold examine, each weapon before putting into the game.

Saying that...the only thing I didnt like in COD4 was the fact that people could shoot through a huge stack of cinderblocks with a 5.56 and penetrate. Its the same thing with stone walls, reinforced concrete and other things...I wish they would put real reddots and Acogs and maybe realistic recoil. Ive never noticed a problem with bunny hopping but grenades do get a bit annoying until you start playing hardcore.

luls... another idea (not that it matters but w/e) how about an ACOG in SP? ###### me off something fierce...

not sure if i read your post correctly, but yes there is acog use in SP? lols...

and to all you sentimental *fruitcage*s out there, gamestop has posters signed by IW development team if you preorder(copies of course, 200,000 posters to sign would make me want to shoot myself).

i just preordered it, it's ten bucks to do so.

meh.. id say it was worth it, but i cant be assed to remember to pick it up on the tenth...

I think that if they give any leaway to how a gun looks or shoots it all goes downhill. It just means that they have an excuse to be sloppy and give the "good enough" excuse. I think that everything should be as realistic as possible. I believe that the developer at IW should fire, hold examine, each weapon before putting into the game.

Mostly the lack of realism is more of a nod towards it being a game rather than an accurate simulation. Elements of the latter are often dropped in favour of making a fun game for the majority of customers to play. Plus you can then do cool *suitcase* like the SPIE extraction and crazy jumps whilst ice climbing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived