Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

people have gotten wise to the danger close setup they dont cluster up anymore (unless they are noobs, or complete tards camping in the plane on terminal, or THE BUNKER ON WASTELAND. Why is it ALWAYS the french? Every bloody game yesterday the damn thing was full of surrender monkeys! try to hide from Mr 40mil Mon Ami :E), mind you I can pretty much guarantee a kill or two at the top of the stairs on terminal with that setup :E

Tho the Fal with stopping power and a red dot / holosight is just immense :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I've been rocking the Scavenger version for quite a while now. Exclusively reserved for Favela and Afghan however, I never touch a 40mm on any other map.

Just pick the least effective assault rifle you have (I generally grab the F2000 if it's unlocked at that particular time) and blast away. It's not always effective, but I've got a nuke on Favela using it, and it's nice to get a bit of revenge against all the *Ubarflock* that using nothing but the tube bolted on to every single rifle they pick up in all the other maps.

I've extensively used the SCAR+203, Scavenger, Danger Close and AT4, but I tried a little bit different setup the other day:

Uzi

RPG

Scavenger

Danger Close

Ninja

Since the Uzi is so small, you can get into amazing positions for massive RPG multikills. I got 5 in 1 on highrise the other day.

I was looking at the character models in the museum lv for a bit today. The level of detail on their gear is nuts!

If you look at the Ranger's and TF141 operator's helmets most of them have an IR strobe on one side, the other side has some type of light I have never seen before.

Anyone have any clue what they are?

I was looking at the character models in the museum lv for a bit today. The level of detail on their gear is nuts!

If you look at the Ranger's and TF141 operator's helmets most of them have an IR strobe on one side, the other side has some type of light I have never seen before.

Anyone have any clue what they are?

Look something like this perhaps?

Helmet flash light

so I am slowing working my way through MP....finally got M16, and it was as good as COD4....with a shotgun attachment and its effective far and near....

About the only person I've ever heard with praise for the shotgun attachment. :P The fact you have to use the massively powerful GL to get the incredibly weak (IMO) shotgun is insane to my mind, if it was a powerful as having a SPAS-12 under there and didn't take an age to switch to, it would actually see use I think. As is, I find it lacking.

It can be great with stopping power, it doesn't deserve to be at lvl 70 though I agree. Personally I think the M4 is by far the best assault rifle and it's the very first one on the list, much the same with all the other weapon classes actually. I'm in my 2nd prestige (silver star, golden sun symbol thingy) and I'm going to be using the M4, UMP, L86 and Intervention all the way through; all weapons you have from the very beginning.

As in attachments? Well whatever I'm working on challenge wise really, but the red dot is definitely the best option for actually hitting people with it I find.

At the moment I've got Bling on to get it pro, but usually with my 'Basics' rifle class, it's M4 with red dot, a handgun (USP for now, fast swap will save your *albatross*) sleight of hand, stopping power and steady aim (all pro'd), as I'm sure you probably guessed. The sights come up fast when the target's at range, and you can hit things close up from the hip easily, obviously stopping power is a big factor as well. The SCAR-H is great with stopping power as well of course, but the 20 round mag's gotten me killed a few times and I'm not a fan of the low rate of fire. I like plenty of the other assault rifles for various reason, the ACR especially, but nothing's proven to be as good an all-rounder as the M4 for me personally.

Yeah, I tried the M4 in a similar setup, guess I just don't like it.

Special grenades don't seem to be nearly as important as in COD4, I usually use stuns though.

Just learned a few pre-set noobtubes for domination on Wasteland and Karachi that land on the C flag. :D

Stun or flash doesn't seem to matter all that much to be honest, the blinding effect of the flash does go on for an awful long time though for some reason I always end up using stun; can't actually think why now. Never looked in to it that deeply, it's a matter of luck I think, if the enemy isn't facing where you're coming from then stun is better as it'll stop them turning and aiming. If they already know where you are flash is probably superior as (short of just vaguely pointing and holding down the trigger) they've got no chance of aiming at you.

Very rarely see people hopping to be honest, and once you get the hang of things they should be fairly easy to take out, specially shooting from the hip using steady aim. The only use I ave for hopping is going round corners, sometimes, and if you know an enemy is round there, it works well. Other than that, pretty much any time I encounter an enemy I dive prone, start firing first of course (that's priority 1) then bring up your sights while you're dropping. All of that (from making the contact to being on the ground, sights up and firing) can be easily done in well under a second, works well I find.

ah yes insta-proning the other lame tactic, you'll find you only get to do it once (if your opponents have a clue at all) then people aim at your feet mate then you get your head removed as you hit the deck.

Btw is that a 0.9 k/d ratio?

If so your 'tactic' is ######

Archived