Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

Other than that, pretty much any time I encounter an enemy I dive prone, start firing first of course (that's priority 1) then bring up your sights while you're dropping. All of that (from making the contact to being on the ground, sights up and firing) can be easily done in well under a second, works well I find.

Doing this is just as bad as bunny-hopping. Seriously, how hard is it to just walk around and shoot like normal people instead of looking like a jack-in-the-box every time you get incoming fire? Jeez.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many of you guys can say that when you play, at times you'll come up against ppl who are either too dumb, or just don't know what they're doing? And what I mean is, you take up a spot, sometimes in the open sometimes not, and you keep killing the same guy, or sometimes different people, and yet they keep coming and don't think that hey, maybe I can noob tube him, or flash or even frag the guy. How many of you can say you had a perfect spot, and then later questioned the intelligence of those you were playing against?

ah yes insta-proning the other lame tactic, you'll find you only get to do it once (if your opponents have a clue at all) then people aim at your feet mate then you get your head removed as you hit the deck.

Btw is that a 0.9 k/d ratio?

If so your 'tactic' is ######

Works for me all the time, guess I just come up against opponents that have no clue all the time. No idea where the 0.9 comes from, something random in the signature generator I used. At this time my Barracks is reporting around 18000 kills for 12000 deaths, so that'd make it ~1.5 K/D, nothing amazing but when you live in the middle of nowhere, have to share the internet line with about 20 other blokes and get a ping like I do, that's just the way it is.

Doing this is just as bad as bunny-hopping. Seriously, how hard is it to just walk around and shoot like normal people instead of looking like a jack-in-the-box every time you get incoming fire? Jeez.

It's not 'hard' in the slightest, it's extremely easy in fact; hence why I do something different people don't expect, and do fairly well for it. I've not earned 10 nukes and 50+ AC130s by accident.

I just found one of the greatest guns ever.

Akimbo 93r's.

My god, this thing is accurate as hell, and one burst from each will usually kill right away, and if it doesn't, you got 3 more bursts ready to go. The rate of fire is damned fast, so if you miss, keep on shooting.

I've won Free For All games with just using these, even on the bigger maps.

This thread makes me sad. I can't figure out why I'm so terrible at Online MW2. I've never gotten above a 10 kill streak, and that was with a glitched map (highrise) and my Magnum/Tac Knife. I tried the SCAR and the other "newb" guns, and still didn't do very good. Now that I've unlocked the M16, I think I might do better. I went 7 and 1 last night in Free For All within the first 45 seconds of playing.

IDK, it's still fun though.

I just found one of the greatest guns ever.

Akimbo 93r's.

My god, this thing is accurate as hell, and one burst from each will usually kill right away, and if it doesn't, you got 3 more bursts ready to go. The rate of fire is damned fast, so if you miss, keep on shooting.

I've won Free For All games with just using these, even on the bigger maps.

The M93 is an M16A4 in all statistics but magazine size (until you get extended mags that is), so what you were essentially wielding was akimbo M16s; it's easily in the top 3 secondaries, though there's tough competition from the PP-2000 I think. Akimbo G18Cs is extremely powerful to, though I once heard someone mention they are only that way because of a glitch, so I avoid them persona

This thread makes me sad. I can't figure out why I'm so terrible at Online MW2. I've never gotten above a 10 kill streak, and that was with a glitched map (highrise) and my Magnum/Tac Knife. I tried the SCAR and the other "newb" guns, and still didn't do very good. Now that I've unlocked the M16, I think I might do better. I went 7 and 1 last night in Free For All within the first 45 seconds of playing.

For a start I'd be wondering what kind of killstreak setups you're using, 10 as a maximum is pretty low, my top is 34. Have you tried a 5,6,7 or 5,7,11 setup? The Predator - Precision Airstrike - Harriers combo in particular is fairly easy to get to (you should manage it at least once most rounds) and easy to use since you're essentially guaranteed at least 1 kill from each piece of support, bringing you up to the next one and so on. Get the predator, hide in a far dark corner somewhere and by the time the harriers are done you'll have 10 kills minimum, possibly pushing 15+.

i think i'd rather the remote turret than predator. i think they're the same killstreak level. the predator is good if you just want to pretty much guarantee 1 kill, but if you find a good spot for the turret and make sure you dont die, it'll rack up a lot mroe kills than anything but the luckiest predator shot. you need to be lucky to get 3 kills from a predator, i dont think i've ever got less than 3 off a turret.

Same, I am completely awful at MW2 multiplayer! :( I'm OK at CoD4, regularly get the airstrikes, but for some reason I'm rubbish at MW2. I'm using UAV, Care Package and Predator and I've only ever gotten the predator twice and that's only on Afghan (easily my best map) :(.

I have a theoretically good setup, SCAR-H with red dot and an AT4, with scavenger pro, stopping power pro and steady aim pro. I think I may just suck :(

Stu.

personally, i think scavenger is *suitcase*. is it really that much of a hardship to use somebody elses gun if you run out of ammo ? i'd rather have a different perk and have to use a dead mans guns than have the scavenger perk taking up a slot in my inventory.

The reason you're not good at MW2?

You suck.

I'm not being an twat either, I'm in the same boat. Just not enjoying the multiplayer as much as I used to enjoy CoD4. Even my brother (complete and utter Modern Warfare junkie, won't play anything else on the XBox other than the odd Fifa game he can nick off his mates) has trouble getting into games sometimes. Admittedly, he's prestiged twice already, despite not going on it all that often after the initial few weeks doing nothing but shooty-shooty, but the amount of times he's sat there frustrated at the game far outweighs the times he's been literally crowing with victory. As for me, who's nowhere near as good as he is (but can still hold my own on some maps), I've just stopped playing it altogether. Sometimes, when I'm really bored, I'll go back on it, but it's just not worth the hassle and I'm not entirely sure why I've still kept it. Probably because my brother likes to borrow my copy when a mate is round so they can play on my profile and muck around with my classes <_<

i think i'd rather the remote turret than predator. i think they're the same killstreak level. the predator is good if you just want to pretty much guarantee 1 kill, but if you find a good spot for the turret and make sure you dont die, it'll rack up a lot mroe kills than anything but the luckiest predator shot. you need to be lucky to get 3 kills from a predator, i dont think i've ever got less than 3 off a turret.

Little point in using the sentry gun in terms of moving to higher up killstreaks, anything you use after obtaining from a drop box (i.e. care packages, sentry guns and emergency airdrops) don't count. Sentry guns can be great if you were using a 3,4,5 setup, but if 5 is your lowest then they're pretty pointless as they won't get you up to your next choice no matter how many kills they make.

personally, i think scavenger is *suitcase*. is it really that much of a hardship to use somebody elses gun if you run out of ammo ? i'd rather have a different perk and have to use a dead mans guns than have the scavenger perk taking up a slot in my inventory.

True, but I generally carry a launcher and like shooting stuff down, so I like to be able to pick up more rockets without dying. Also, what other worthwhile perks are there in the blue slot, apart from Bling (which is quite good)?

The reason you're not good at MW2?

You suck.

Oh I know, I was more thinking aloud and wondering why I'm ok at Cod4 and can hold my own, but I'm just crud at MW2 and get owned constantly on every map except Afghan.

Stu.

Well, there are many reasons.

First of all, MW2 is a steaming pile concentrated on killstreaks and camping. I got to level 59 and realized I didn't enjoy playing the game at all, the usual 40/5 kills and deaths per round I got were purely made with the same retarded combo of predator-harrier-AC130.

Second... Wait, there is no second reason. Reason one tells it all.

Call of Duty 4 was much more concentrated on actual infantry gameplay and wasn't as unbalanced as MW2.

I've almost binned the game.

I wouldn't say it was concentrated on camping, I camp with a sniper rifle once I get in a good spot, but that's it, and I only ever snipe on 2-3 of the maps. Rest of the time I'm rocking marathon and zipping around with my knife/ump/m4 and consistently at the tops of the scoreboard, killing the campers.

I suddenly find myself using 3 classes and only 3 classes:

Grenadier (for Favela/Scrapyard/Rust/Terminal)

TAR-21 w/ GL

Thumper

Scavenger

Danger Close

Steady Aim

Infiltrator (for Derail/Rundown/Wasteland)

FAMAS w/ Silencer

M93 w/ Silencer

Scavenger (used to do Bling, but I kept running out of ammo)

Cold-Blooded

Ninja

Speed/CQB (for everything else)

UMP w/ FMJ

TMP w/ FMJ

Marathon

Lightweight

Commando

Tis sad. I use the last class the most - probably why I have UMP at 1500 kills XD.

Questions:

1. For Prestige achievements, is there anything in addition to the extra Expert/Veteran challenges after you enter 1st Prestige?

2. At 10th Prestige, how many total custom classes are there?

Archived