Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Thief Lord

Do any of you find scrambler kinda useless?? I mean, when you have it on and your near someone, the second their HUD starts to scramble up they'll tend to know that SOMEONE is nearby. Can't one replace it with the quiet footsteps so that way you can sneak up on them and then just melee away? I know it must have its uses as I myself have been killed due to it, but usually when it happens I'm on a more high alert, and usually have a 2:3 kill/death ratio when someone uses it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. For Prestige achievements, is there anything in addition to the extra Expert/Veteran challenges after you enter 1st Prestige?

2. At 10th Prestige, how many total custom classes are there?

Well under the Indimidation set of challenges, there's a Prestige one you unlock once you prestige first time. Most of them are for getting kills with the killstreaks and don't reset, but there's a couple of others for knife/silencer/stun nade related kills which do. If and when you reach the 10th prestige you'll have 10 create-a-class slots, 1 every other prestige level.

Do any of you find scrambler kinda useless?? I mean, when you have it on and your near someone, the second their HUD starts to scramble up they'll tend to know that SOMEONE is nearby. Can't one replace it with the quiet footsteps so that way you can sneak up on them and then just melee away? I know it must have its uses as I myself have been killed due to it, but usually when it happens I'm on a more high alert, and usually have a 2:3 kill/death ratio when someone uses it.

Do you have ninja? Ninja pro quietens your footsteps by 4x, i.e. they become 1/4 of the volume they were before. Sitrep pro loudens enemy footsteps to be 4x as audible.

You wouldn't happen to be Korean?

I realized that after playing Free For All for so long, that whenever I play team death match, I always end up being frustrated at my teammates who seem to be happy running into the same place over and over again.

The only downside is the amount of boosters in FFA. I absolutely despise them. If you can't level up properly, go play a Private Match, and boost there.

Ah, fair enough. To be honest they seem to have botched the match making system for the pc even more than the console versions; much as I've always liked the game once I actually get in to one, all tonight I've been getting 1 orange bar of ping at the most, which isn't much fun...

Ah, fair enough. To be honest they seem to have botched the match making system for the pc even more than the console versions; much as I've always liked the game once I actually get in to one, all tonight I've been getting 1 orange bar of ping at the most, which isn't much fun...

It's a bloody nightmare! I know there are people in the same city and same bloody compound as me that are searching for games to join* but it still bumps me into a game with a bunch of frogs or little kids from Croydon who think they are gangstas. For a while it went fine, putting me in games with Saudis, Kuwaitis and Emiratis but this last month it just seems to try to force me into games all the way around the world and then after about 5-10 minutes of searching it will grudgingly stick me in a local game.

*Before anyone says anything, no I don't have their PSN ID and if I did, I wouldn't really wanna play on the same team as them anyway in a party because I wanna boost my ego by slotting them all ingame and Merc TDM doesn't interest me. Interesting to note, people here at work are still too scare to play me 1v1 or at one point I even offered a 3v1, based purely off my reputation from other games and it is bloody annoying. One guy was confident he could take me on wasteland when I promised I would only use a knife and he could use what he wanted but 30 minutes talking to other people in the crew room and he decided he wasn't too confident anymore :P

It's a bloody nightmare! I know there are people in the same city and same bloody compound as me that are searching for games to join* but it still bumps me into a game with a bunch of frogs or little kids from Croydon who think they are gangstas. For a while it went fine, putting me in games with Saudis, Kuwaitis and Emiratis but this last month it just seems to try to force me into games all the way around the world and then after about 5-10 minutes of searching it will grudgingly stick me in a local game.

It's just plain broken for me at the moment, the first month or two playing the game were great, straight in to nice low ping servers all the time. Now I can hardly get in to a horrible laggy one and it just doesn't make any sense, it's like the system is breaking itself over time somehow; seriously needs addressing and patching. What we should've got in the first place was dedicated servers of course, but hopefully they'll learn that lesson for next time.

For some reason, (playing on Xbox btw) I seem to end up playing with loads of Welsh people! Seriously, last night all 3 lobbies I was in had 90% Welsh players, all seemingly in clans, natterig away about what guns, perks attachments etc. were best. Baffling :huh:.

Stu.

well i traded mine in today. 25 quid i got, not great, but hey-ho. what is great is at the same time i got 2 copies of crackdown at a tenner each. and because i engaged the guy servign me in *chaffinch*-chat about the new crackdown, he scnned my games through, gave me my credit, gave me the crackdown games and forgot to charge me hahahahahahahaha.

so, not only did i get rid of *suitcasey* COD, i got 2 copies of crackdown for free :D:D:D:D:D

i didnt fraud him, the guy serving me cocked up. i work in retail, and if we cock up, its our problem. even when the customer is blatantly lying to us, 'the customer is always right'. i didnt chat to him purposely to put him off, i didnt think that worked in real life. we were chatting about army of 2 and the new crackdown, and when i got out of the store to check my store credit on the reciept, it still had the amount my traded games were worth, and no reference to crackdown that i brought. :P

and anyway, i paid 25 quid for OP flashpoint 2 weeks ago at the same store. i trade it in today and got 6 quid for it. so they can kiss my *albartroth*.

also, just noticed i got censored with a chaffinch ? i cant even remember what i wrote there.

I was playing MW2 quite happily in SP mode, but suddenly it's refusing to run.

I've reinstalled it from the DVD and from Steam with no luck.

I've reinstalled Direct X 9.0 - nothing - Removed and reinstalled all my graphics drivers - nothing.

Basically it freezes as it starts to load the gun up, whether I start a new game or resume a game.

Anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Cheers.

Archived