Dboys KAC PDW Review

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that there is a very, very small amount of side to side wobble between upper and lower. In addition, there is also front and back movement. For example, when I shoulder the gun and press forward on the rail system I can feel the entire upper shift forward maybe a mm.

It could just me my gun specifically. I've noticed that the front receiver pin is not quite short of vertical in its hole. This tiny bit of misalignment (not my fault, has been this way since I received the gun) could be the cause of the trouble.

That said it isn't really a huge deal. In general fiddling with the gun it is, of course, noticeable. During actual skirmishes (and CQBing around my house :D) it isn't noticeable.

I have found that there is a very, very small amount of side to side wobble between upper and lower. In addition, there is also front and back movement. For example, when I shoulder the gun and press forward on the rail system I can feel the entire upper shift forward maybe a mm.

It could just me my gun specifically. I've noticed that the front receiver pin is not quite short of vertical in its hole. This tiny bit of misalignment (not my fault, has been this way since I received the gun) could be the cause of the trouble.

That said it isn't really a huge deal. In general fiddling with the gun it is, of course, noticeable. During actual skirmishes (and CQBing around my house :D ) it isn't noticeable.

Thanks for the input!

Damn shame about the receiver wobble, real pet peeve with me!

is a video showing how to separate the upper from the lower.

The barrel assembly can be disassembled by unscrewing the large screws in front of the magazine well. Take those screws out and the entire barrel assembly can be slide forward and out of the gun. The "gas tubes" have holes that they slide into front and rear that add stability to the barrel. When reassembling the gun you've got to make sure that they seat properly. If they aren't slid into their appropriate holes at both the front and back end the barrel assembly can't be properly seated.

The wire assembly is two pieces with quick disconnects in between. The quick disconnects sit in front of the magazine well, but slightly before the actual rail system. When you separate the lower from the upper (as shown in the above video) the quick disconnects will probably pull out on their own accord.

Edited by Gigueand

I'm having an issue mounting my longer outer barrel on. I've unscrewed something out of the bottom part of the gas tube like in the UNcompany video, but the barrel doesn't budge. I don't want to break down the entire gun. Should I do what Gigueand said (screws in front of magwell?) or is there something else?

I'm having an issue mounting my longer outer barrel on. I've unscrewed something out of the bottom part of the gas tube like in the UNcompany video, but the barrel doesn't budge. I don't want to break down the entire gun. Should I do what Gigueand said (screws in front of magwell?) or is there something else?

From my experience, the barrel is pretty tight on there. The grub screw is the only other thing holding the barrel extension in there besides tension. All you have to do is find some way to pull the barrel off. What I did was rotate the barrel extension while was pulling on it to get it out. And in the pair of screws under the RIS, the screw that's farthest away from the magwell is the barrel retention screw. Unscrew it to take the barrel out.

took some photos, this is the engraved trademark version.

also had time to inspect gearbox, internals were very nice. mine had 7mm bearing bushings, a bearing spring guide, quality polycarbonate piston head with bearings, and a nicely padded cylinder head.

IMG_2311.jpg

Quick question...

Where are you guys ordering the PDW's that look like the one above? (IE: Without ugly painted in trademarks)

I only ask because that has been the first DBOY's I've seen w/out the white trades.

EDIT: Nvm, I think I may have found it. It looks like a new version has been released since they first came out. :)

Edited by jdizzle921

Allso got one of the first batch, mine if absolutley fantastic.

The only issues i got;

Had a problem with magasines splitting when filling it with to many bb´s.

I have glued mine together with locktight.

I allso lost my foldingstock release "button"I discovered that the two small screws that secure the stockrelease was missing. I was wery lucky to find it again in the forrest!!!

Have downgraded my gun to m120 and use it in the woods. Using it in medium/long ranges works perfect for me.

I cant find a reason to use my other m4´s now, this gun is the most "complete" gun i have ever had.

I have just skirmished mine today and I have to say it pretty much holds its own in a woodland environment, it has went straight to the top of my skirmishing weapons list, its just so versatile with its folding stock and compact form, plus its easily one of the lightest full metal china made guns Ive handled.

finally on it's way, got some work to do when it gets here:

SP100 spring

Super Shimming

Tightbore

AB Mosfet

Systema Motor

Hop-up

Looking to make this my CQB gun in my KAC line up.

I already have an SR15 Match, and an SR15 E3 IWS (hurricaine + G&P FTW)

Also, I have a chronograph handy, i'll post up some numbers when it comes in.

Edited by Sithlord