Dboys KAC PDW Review

I don't recommend buying one. Mine sucks. Needs a new chamber, bucking, and nub to be skirmishable.

It's a wall hanger.

As I said on ASB, you've got it wrong.

Accuracy isn't bad. It outshoots an E1 STAG-15 (which is at a similar price)

Externals are great. FPS isn't bad.

Just needs a new bucking, a better battery. Eventually, a better motor and a tightbore would help.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The accuracy is worse than a crossman night prowler. I opened my hopup, and nothing looks wrong, it's just bad quality.

I used mine in a game today with perfectly fine accuracy. I'm thinking you've got a serious lemon or your over-exagerrating. Mine is fairly accurate, can hit targets out to 100feet easily. It's barrel is pretty short, it's a CQB gun.

i just got mine on friday night. Did some indoor plinking yesterday. I'm going to try and address any issues that no one else mentioned.

Version: Engraved trademarks w/PEQ-15 and 11.1v 20C LiPo

In the box:

magazine with lasered trademarks

KAC metal flashhider

KAC trademarked short vertical grip

2 KAC style full length rail covers (no trademarks)

Fire selector cover with KAC stamped on it

barrel extension (to make a 10" version)

EU charger (not for LiPo so totally useless)

the usual small bag of bbs

1 bb loader

unjamming tool

orange flashhider

Because of the addition of the LiPo, it came with the "Delux" PEQ-15 in black with a Firefox branded 11.1 v 20C LiPo.

The PEQ-15 is actually very nice, i'd even say it's better than the Vanaras one that i have. It's nylon fiber, has a soft rubber button, a battery wire port coming from the rear and the battery "door" in the front is secured by 3 hex screws.

I swapped the mini-plug over from the left side to the right side because i wanted it out of the way. This was accomplished by removing the 2 plugs on the front of the gun that retained the 2 silver mock gas pistons. The horizontal retaining pin is a captive pin with a ball bearing, so don't lose that. My next project is to switch it to banana plugs for space saving.

The gun itself is VERY VERY well built. This is the first clone AEG that i have bought new; all my other new guns were TMs or VFC. In terms of finishing, lots of rough edges and rough machining. You can tell this isn't one of the higher-end airsoft guns. But it isn't too far off. The engraved trademarks are fairly deep and good-looking. THey're on par with the quality of the latest Classic Army engraved trademarks.

There are 3 sling attachment points for the QD sling swivel. One on the left side of the receiver towards the rear, one on the very rear of the receiver and one on the folding stock. Only the one on the side of the receiver and the one on the stock can actually be used. The one that is on the rear of the receiver can't be used because there is no lip machined inside for the QD swivel to lock on. This is a shame because the left side sling mount can sometimes interfere with the fire selector.

The knights type flash hider is a 2 piece type, and the comensator part can be unscrewed (clockwise like a regular screw), there's a plastic piece in there that prevents errant bbs from blowing out the end of the flash hider. Don't remove this; i learned the hard way. A piece of the flash hider on mine has been blown out because i removed it.

The vertical foregrip is well done, and has the KAC shield logo on one side and the Knights Armament Co lettering on the other side. It's a shorty version; i compared it to my regular KAC style VFG to make sure. This is about 1.5"=2" shorter.

I think that covers any points that others didn't necessarily touch on.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got mine, a couple things:

YOU NEED TO RESHIM THE MECHBOX!!!

F that motor, it crapped out on me in 5 shots. replaced with a "magnum type motor from evike"

The bearings look pretty solid, after a nice reshimming and lube, I increased the rof of the gun by 50%

only using an 8.4v right now as my order still isnt complete, however, they threw in an extra lipoly battery and KAC rail covers in my next shipment.

oh my god that spring is odd, 400+/- and 3/4 of the length of a m100, It's like they say, its not the length, its the thickness...

When I get my lipo, I should be pushing the 28rps area, as for right now, I consider the internals disposable, so oh well.

I don't see how PEQ's get in the way. Mount them on the right side if you're a righty, left if you're a lefty, and then when you sling your gun on a one point (as it should be), the PEQ is away from your gear and not snagging anything or getting in the way. Having a big stick hanging out of your gun gets in the way. Profile of the PEQ 15, 1.5" or so. Profile of that big foregrip, 5" or so. Heck, mount the PEQ up top and with the right optic and mount it's still out of the way.

Got mine recently, a couple notes. (engraved version w/ black trades)

-My sling attachment on the stock does have a groove for the ball bearing and it locks in securely and tight. I've pulled on it as hard as I can and it holds just fine.

-I was able to fit Systema hop up bucking and element H nub into the factory chamber with no fitment problems

-Inner barrel was caked with grease and gunk. Be sure to give that a good cleaning!

-Slight wobble between upper and lower receiver

-Slight stock wobble

Overall pretty impressed especially for the price. Also very light weight, appears to weigh about as much as a plastic mp5 I have.

Got mine recently, a couple notes. (engraved version w/ black trades)

-My sling attachment on the stock does have a groove for the ball bearing and it locks in securely and tight. I've pulled on it as hard as I can and it holds just fine.

-I was able to fit Systema hop up bucking and element H nub into the factory chamber with no fitment problems

-Inner barrel was caked with grease and gunk. Be sure to give that a good cleaning!

-Slight wobble between upper and lower receiver

-Slight stock wobble

Overall pretty impressed especially for the price. Also very light weight, appears to weigh about as much as a plastic mp5 I have.

A few updates on mine:

Confirmed shooting 455 FPS :blink: . Need to drop it down to 330 for CQB

None of the sling points work except the one in the stock

No wobble

Finish will come off somewhat easily, but looks nice. Reminds me of the finish on the G&P URX RAS of my M4

Selector Switch is a bit mushy

Mags don't lock in easily (Easy fix though, there is some wiring that runs through the body, which is actually at the top of the magwell (Blocks mags from locking in easy)