Dboys KAC PDW Review

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i have both the d-boys & the vfc dx version and i will say the vfc version is streets ahead of the dboys version but for a cheep alternative its not bad at all lets face it ive got one as a back up to my vfc version

ps

why buy vfc mags when the clone mags are good value for money and as good as the vfc ones ive got 10 of um and all work flawlessly why pay £22 for a vfc mag when the clone version is just as good at a cost of £11 its a no brainer

id assume all standard m4 mags fit, ive only tried the miad one.

one point of note is the ambi selector, passes the top of the grip

so for example the psg1 type/moulded with thicker section at the

top right will interfere with the selector.

ive just had mine all apart to rewire, 16g silicone wires fit nicely

inside the gearbox, which is one of the best stock ive seen.

7mm bearings, bearing guide and piston head, vented piston,

decent shimm and what seem to be good gears. the spring is also

a pleasure to work with, mine is cut back to 328fps and if slips

into the gearbox with very little precompression, so no shooting

apart on dis/assembly.

Didn't someone already fit a systema magnum (long) into the PDW grip? I know they had to use different screws and that it stuck out a millimeter or two but it can be done.

Nope. It's a systema medium. If you go with the systema medium motor you have to use longer screws in the grip as the tower at the top of the motor is slightly larger than the one on the dboys. This keeps the motor from moving high enough in the grip to use the stock screws. You have to use longer screws and the motor base plate sits about 2mm lower than stock.

• 2 weeks later...

So I opened up a teammate's pdw the other day. It has only seen one day of play and here's what I found. One damaged piston (very worn teeth), and 3 out of the 6 bearings were broken. The gearbox has some great features (easily released AR latch, bolt catch, etc), but the bearings are total garbage. :( Luckily we found the bearings had fallen apart before any gear damage occurred.

So I opened up a teammate's pdw the other day. It has only seen one day of play and here's what I found. One damaged piston (very worn teeth), and 3 out of the 6 bearings were broken. The gearbox has some great features (easily released AR latch, bolt catch, etc), but the bearings are total garbage. :( Luckily we found the bearings had fallen apart before any gear damage occurred.

Out of interest what voltage of battery was your teammate using in it?

apart from the wiring yep it is (was) totally stock. I took it apart to clean it and change the spring to an m100. It could do with a total reshim as it is noisy as hell but it is shooting straight and very consistently as is so i am relucant to change anything.

I took the breach block to work today and set about chopping it down in the same way RA-Tec do to make thier lipo kit 2 simple cuts with a standard hacksaw. Now i just need to order in a couple of lipos and find someplace to hide the mosfet. This gun is inline to take over as my primary since my vsr decided to go to the wall again.

gzus have you had any luck in fitting or finding a lipo in that config? There's a guy in the UK, componentshop.co.uk i think who makes custom LIPO's.

Has anyone seen the ACM PWD? There's a really thorough video on youtube but it's all in Russian, I was thinking about getting one of those Russian brides and she could translate for me but worked out more than buying all three versions :-)

All I could gleam from the 20 min video was that the ACM looks darker and the uploader likes europop

no pictures of the set up actually, i always get carried away with the build

and forget to take any more pictures, ill try split it open, and get a shot of

my controller next to the hop.

i have not really looked for li cells that would fit beside the barrel, it does

really tidy up the looks, but i also like the laser peq15 i have to hold small

7.4v li packs.

i need to measure the cavity and have a look at li packs that could be broken

down to cells. actually was impressed by the chap moding a li screwdriver

into a battery grip. that may be my future preferred way.