Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whan

Dboys KAC PDW Review

no pictures of the set up actually, i always get carried away with the build

and forget to take any more pictures, ill try split it open, and get a shot of

my controller next to the hop.

i have not really looked for li cells that would fit beside the barrel, it does

really tidy up the looks, but i also like the laser peq15 i have to hold small

7.4v li packs.

i need to measure the cavity and have a look at li packs that could be broken

down to cells. actually was impressed by the chap moding a li screwdriver

into a battery grip. that may be my future preferred way.

Where is/did everyone buy their PDW from? I've been wanting to get one for soooooooooooo very long now and I figure it'll be a nice Christmas gift to myself (and it won't hurt the bank as much since Christmas=getting money time).

Only places i've found it are EBB ( :waggle: ) and PX airsoft. I'm specifically looking for the laser engraved version.

Help me finally get my PDW!!!

Mahalo for the help guys ;)

Just to be clear.....the dboys pdw is a ACM aeg!

Now this is something that has confused me, ACM = All China Made right, now is ACM a company is in own right or just a term used to describe a 'generic' item produced within China? ehobbyasia describes this new KAC as a JM..

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/other-aeg/j...ft-aeg-902.html

made in the same factory with a diffirent brand i would say.........but not by all means 100% correct observation by me, i can be wrong.

From watching a video on youtube comparing the two I don't think they would be made at the same factory, they seem to have enough differences to warrant a different manufacturing process. Maybe the factories used different materials though. Plus by not using a brand it's harder for authorities to crack down I guess....

Where is/did everyone buy their PDW from? I've been wanting to get one for soooooooooooo very long now and I figure it'll be a nice Christmas gift to myself (and it won't hurt the bank as much since Christmas=getting money time).

Only places i've found it are EBB ( :waggle: ) and PX airsoft. I'm specifically looking for the laser engraved version.

Help me finally get my PDW!!!

Mahalo for the help guys ;)

Most places out of stock but try this: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/other-aeg/j...ft-aeg-902.html they also have the DBOYS in to..

@pugster: Thanks for the link, i've been eying that thing out for a while now. I was actually only looking for a DBOYS PDW though as it is better quality than the JM one; Any links for that one?

I just added a Guarder cutoff lever and a medium eg1000 to my downgraded pdw. Its running about 330 on .20s. Even on a 7.4v lipo it just sings. A motor upgrade to the pdw is the most worthwhile upgrade you can make.

About 10k though mine now without a hitch, hop wil need changing soon.

I am looking to pick up an ICS 3000 motor and some form of grip as i am finding the short grip not idea. (serviceable but not ideal for my long hands)

Does anyone know if the RATech lipo conversion will work with the Dboys PDW?

Yes it does, cost as much as the initial purchase, but it fits :)

Does anyone know if the RATech lipo conversion will work with the Dboys PDW?

I dont see why not as its practically a direct copy? But dont just my word for it as im just speculating :huh:

Hey can this gun have a silencer ?

is there a way to up the Rate Of fire?

These just appeared on ebaybanned not long ago,

http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-style-silenc...der-p-2960.html

mk18%20n%20pdw%20sil.jpg

If you want improved ROF, change out the motor, its a little on the slow side. its a Medium shaft length you need similar to the PSG etc.,

alternatively you could switch the grip for a regular M4 type and use the more common long shaft motor, G&P M120, Systema Turbo etc etc. :)

check the gearbox, sounds like either your tapped plate has worn or the sector clip has dislodged or isnt doing it's job.

am waiting until i am not broke to swap out my pistol grip and motor for a highspeed long motor and a reg m4 grip.

still cannot get over how good this little gun is.

Might they be hitting your flash hider? ive seen a pair of em with that, other than that i would say its the hopup of you've already comfirmed the gearbox to be fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.