Dboys KAC PDW Review

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shame you don't like it eskhobbs, was the lipo easy to fit? you don't need the $100 RA Tech kit do you?

Thing that bothers me the most is the very very poor finish on the engraved model. For the RA Tech kit, yes and no. If you have the time to attack the pieces with a dremel and a hacksaw then you dont need it. You do have to chop a bit off the piece picture above, took me about 10 mins with a sharp hacksaw. Next part is thinning out the barrel, which was the biggest pain in the *albatross*, took me about an hour with a dremel and dragging the cutting disk along the side of the barrel. For me the battery was 75 dollars shipped from RA while the kit would be only 125. For factor of not having to attack the gun with a hacksaw I would say it is almost worth the money for the kit but when you take a look at it, thats almost the price of the entire gun.

Anyone in the states want a pdw with a lipo :P

Edited by eskhobbs
Thing that bothers me the most is the very very poor finish on the engraved model. For the RA Tech kit, yes and no. If you have the time to attack the pieces with a dremel and a hacksaw then you dont need it. You do have to chop a bit off the piece picture above, took me about 10 mins with a sharp hacksaw. Next part is thinning out the barrel, which was the biggest pain in the *albatross*, took me about an hour with a dremel and dragging the cutting disk along the side of the barrel. For me the battery was 75 dollars shipped from RA while the kit would be only 125. For factor of not having to attack the gun with a hacksaw I would say it is almost worth the money for the kit but when you take a look at it, thats almost the price of the entire gun.

Anyone in the states want a pdw with a lipo :P

I might be, PM me with a price and ill consider it. But whats wrong with the finish? Is it something that could simply be refinished?

I might be, PM me with a price and ill consider it. But whats wrong with the finish? Is it something that could simply be refinished?

Finish scratches too easily for my liking, and I really don't like painted guns. Slap a coat of krylon and it would be fine, just isnt for me.

Here is a quote from a F/S post I just put up on other forums today:

http://midwestairsofters.com/index.php?opt...cseen#msg102922

Dboys KAC PDW Package 300.00 Engraved Trades version

I had just gotten this in from ebaybanned on monday, upgraded it and then modified it so it could house the RA Tech lipo in the handguard. Gun shoots much much smoother with the relube and a lighter spring. No more than 100 shots on the gun, its just too small for me. I am willing to split up the package, if you want just the stock dboys gun with the lipo minus 60.00 from the price listed above. Take a look at the prices for everything and you will see this is a great price for parts that are less than a week old. Also you can see that RA Tech wants 332 for a stock PDW laser trades with a Lipo plus shipping compared to 240.00.

Package Includes:

x1 Dboys KAC PDW

x1 RA Tech KAC PDW 7.4 1,600mAh lipo

x1 Systema V2 pollycarb piston

x1 Systema V2 tappet plate

x1 Systema V2 air nozzle

x1 Element V2 hopup chamber

x1 Prommy soft type hopup rubber

x1 H-nub

x1 Madbull 229mm python v2 tbb

x1 Madbull M110 Spring

Finish scratches too easily for my liking, and I really don't like painted guns. Slap a coat of krylon and it would be fine, just isnt for me.

Here is a quote from a F/S post I just put up on other forums today:

http://midwestairsofters.com/index.php?opt...cseen#msg102922

Hmm, I was thinking I was going to powder coat it or durracoat it, but yeah same idea, but I didnt realize you had put the upgrades in there. So I think im just gona get a stock one from ebaybanned and stick in a stock TM spring in and call it a day.

Has anyone tried fitting a Lipoly in the stock? I know it would take a bit of work and then would prob have to be charged in the stock. It would be pretty cool to hide it completely.

Um... have you seen the stock? It has no storage???? Have you seen the gun?

i just had a poke about inside mine last night,

and filed down the right centre screw in the upper which caught on the

bolt carrier, (could also remove the screw) now the handle can be pulled

fully to the rear.

i also installed an 0.8mm shim between upper/lower body pin to remove

all body movement/wobble (not much to begin with)

i really fancy installign a lipo inside, but im too lazy to remove the material

untill i find good cells to install.

So where is everyone buying their PDWs from? I'm about to buy one but I want the engraved (not white) trades version but the only place that has them is EBB ( I think...).

Anyway, thanks for all/any help

Mahalo ;)

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=25802

I think that should do it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post but If I edited my previous post it wouldn't get answered :P

Anyway on to my questions:

I was wondering if I could have everyone's opinion as to which version of the PDW I should get. I want the engraved (non white) marking version because Its more realistic and I like the look better. However, I don't like how shallow the engravings are so they seem nonexistent.

My questions are, can anyone who owns or has first hand experience with the engraved and white marking version give me they're experience with the trademarks? Is the White/laser engraved version actually engraved or just lasered on? Lastly, how deep are the engraved trades on the engraved version?

Mahalo for any and all help.