Splinter Pattern Camo.

FireKnife

Was splinter pattern (German WW2) used for anything else other than by the Third Reich at WW2, did it get used in any other 20th Century Conflicts?

I am just trying to come up with another use for it.

'FireKnife'

The Fench foriegn Legion used it in the 50's in French Indo China, Vietnam.

Here is a link to some discussions on the WW2 airsoft board

http://ww2aa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board...amp;thread=4746

It also appears the west germans used it in the 50's as well

http://ww2aa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board...amp;thread=4771

the Bulgarians still use a version of it

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/4555/Uniforms.html

Several other countries have also used variants of it as well

JUst search for SPlinter Cammo

Well the set i had is US cut, as it claims.

But i was hoping to hear the word 'Vietnam' crop up as i am trying desperatley to finish a VC loadout and can be bothered to shell out more for some OD / Tigers.

'FireKnife'

But i was hoping to hear the word 'Vietnam' crop up as i am trying desperatley to finish a VC loadout and can be bothered to shell out more for some OD / Tigers.

'FireKnife'

I've a 1950's BW splinter pattern jacket used in Vietnam by an Aussie, i,ve pics of it somewhere on the Whermacht awards site.

I've seen a single pic of a german mercenary in Africa (5 commando)wearing some sort of WW2 german camo - i'm not sure what though, but it looked like very faded oak leaf.

I wouldn't be surprised if splinter cropped up there at all.

-Matt

'FireKnife'

I think you are confused, NVA (North Vietnamese Army) wore OD green, VC (Peoples Liberation Army) were insurgents and usually wore black pajamas.

NVA uniforms here

VC Uniforms here

Wooops that was meant to be VN, not VC.

I am trying to think of a possible solution of what to do with my splinter pattern for VN games, i know it is US cut so could dye it OD but i would rather save myself the trouble and find uses of Splinter in VN.

'FireKnife'

Sell it and buy some OD's?

BDU cut Splinter is a fantasy item anyway, no matter how hard you look. There are plenty of people who don't care about authenticity and will buy it because its a decent pattern for concealment.

Sell it and buy some OD's?

BDU cut Splinter is a fantasy item anyway, no matter how hard you look. There are plenty of people who don't care about authenticity and will buy it because its a decent pattern for concealment.

ODs with an overspray of black look wicked.

• 5 months later...

Archived