• Lee enfield no4 Mk1
    • M1 garand
    • Mosin nagant
    • Springfield 1903
  3. 3. Support weapon

• M1918A2 BAR
    • Bren L4a4
    • Stoner Mk63

Continued on from the CQB set here Same deal as before, pick your favorites and they'll get pitched as ideas for a Chinese manufacturer(who that'll be will depend on which options win and other factors)

Assault rifles

Tavor Tar 21

HK417

AS 'VAL' Silenced Assault Rifle

AN-94

SKS

M70 (AK47-variant with combined gas cut off lever/sight for firing rifle grenades with blank rounds)

M1 carbine

Rifles self loading, battle and bolt

Arisaka Type 99

Gewehr 43

Lee Enfield no4 MK1

M1 Garand

Mosin Nagant M38

springfield 1903

Support Weapons

M1918A2 BAR

Bren L4A4

Stoner MK63

Last up is the scratch list, the guns that can't be done due to legal reasons, didn't get enough votes or have already been done a billion times before.

Uzi (too many)

Revolvers (difficult to do and not so high interest)

Beretta 1919

FX-05 (too similar to G36)

HK21 (JG similar models)

HKG41 (JG similar models)

Steyer TMP (MP7 similar)

PP-2000

CZ S805A

Browning Auto-5

USAS 12

Saiga 12K

M4A1 pulse rifle (not likely to sell at all to mainstream)

and numerous others

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 1: HK417 is a bit of a obvious choice for me, been wanting the bigger brother of the 416 for a while now.

Part 2: Nothing there of remote interest

Part 3: Whilst I would love a Bren, i'd never have a use for it as i'm not into WW2 games.

M4A1 pulse rifle (not likely to sell at all to mainstream)
Yet JG still made the Thunder Maul. There are alot more people who would buy a Pulse Rifle than would want an anime styled gun.

Part 3: Whilst I would love a Bren, i'd never have a use for it as i'm not into WW2 games.

Lock, Stock loadout :P

As with the other thread, I am puzzled as to how the listed guns managed to accumulate sufficient votes in a such a short time.

These selections seem to ignore the guns that were voted for PREVIOUSLY.

Particularly, I wonder how guns that did so well before (such as the PSG1 and Galil) are totally absent and, instead, are replaced by guns that failed to even rate a mention before. :huh:

Again, I have to ask if the existing results were ignored?

Again, I'd warn any potential manufacturer that there's barely a gun on that list that'd be a sales success.

Ironically, about the only guns that would be successful are guns already in development such as the HK417 or TAR21.

I think an M1 garand is the closest thing to a sensible choice in that list but I suspect that, much like the sales of Cyma's M1a1, it'd be a gun that lots of people claim to like but very few bother to buy.

Mosin mosin mosin mosin! :D

The iconic rifle that built the Soviet Union and there's only been one airsoft version of it... that's $1k :(

We need a Chinese made Mosin Nagant! A 38 or 91-30 would be absolutely wonderful ^_^

As with the other thread, I am puzzled as to how the listed guns managed to accumulate sufficient votes in a such a short time.

These selections seem to ignore the guns that were voted for PREVIOUSLY.

Particularly, I wonder how guns that did so well before (such as the PSG1 and Galil) are totally absent and, instead, are replaced by guns that failed to even rate a mention before. :huh:

Again, I have to ask if the existing results were ignored?

Again, I'd warn any potential manufacturer that there's barely a gun on that list that'd be a sales success.

Ironically, about the only guns that would be successful are guns already in development such as the HK417 or TAR21.

I think an M1 garand is the closest thing to a sensible choice in that list but I suspect that, much like the sales of Cyma's M1a1, it'd be a gun that lots of people claim to like but very few bother to buy.

Who is making the HK417?

I'd love to see any of those "old-school" rifles being produced, particularly the Springfield 1903 and the Mosin Nagant. As with the Mosin, the only Springfield replica available is the KTW, which is about $1000.

the G41 is too close to a current jg model? Tha' *fruitcage*? Seriously, everyone has stanag mags, so I fail to see how yet another replica that uses them could possibly be a bad idea economically. I know I would rather buy a g41 that could use my stack of MAG midcaps than buying a stack of proprietary VAL magazines, not to mention any new gear required to hold them... I say the 417 need to be removed from the list as well because HK416 is one less than HK417, so they must be too similar to bother with :rolleyes:  

Also, how is an m70 not "too close" to the ten trillion AK models offered, and how is a belt-fed version of the g3 at all similar to the inteneded purpose of the current JG line of G3? They're like a SAW on awesome steroids instead of a DMR...

I call shenanigans, good sir. not to be offensive or anything, but.. seriously...

The only thing that can be conclusivly drawn from these threads is that we all pretty much want something different for our own reasons and that something is almost certainly going to be a commercial disaster.

Oh and we want it really cheap as well. So more than one thing actualy.

Actual buyers of what ever gets made will be like cockroaches when the lights go on.

I quite like the idea of the G43 and the BAR, so I voted as such.

I was looking forward to the MP44 but to be blunt, it was too expensive for a China made gun and there have been many concerns about the quality and finer details. So I decided to not buy this gun. Something I am quite annoyed about as it could have been great.

China airsoft is not about innovation, its about copying a proven design really cheaply.

When was the last time anyone experienced a really good china made gun that was not a clone?

I am thinking the horrid JLS efforts... Eewwwwww... the SCAR, the F2000? The Berreta rifle? Not good guns.

I think also we are a very very small slice of the actual customer base and in no way fully representative of the market as a whole.

They will make what we asked for and it will bomb. Shame. They won't listen to us again. :(

Call me a cynic.

Visually the difference between the AN94 and an AK101 is bugger all. I dunno how much you can push this point.

AS VAL, ok sure thats good, SKS/SKK would be great for general 'nam coolness. But neither are really that heavy in demand. M70....?!?...Not another AK.

PKM however, well its like a GPMG, along with MG42/MG3s are part and parcel of any infantry unit and is a must have!!!

Still waiting on a cheap GPMG...argh!

Assault rifle

TAR 21

There is already one being put into production...

HK417

Another 7.62mm AR15. Exciting. *Sarcastic*

AS VAL

More or less the only unique rifle on here. An integrally suppressed assault rifle.

The problem is that it doesn't really fit into any common loadout, won't accept many accessories, and uses proprietary mags.

A unique choice, but not very practical.

AN 94

More or less an AK with two round burst. As the AEG would more then likely lack this feature, it'd be nothing besides an aesthetic modification.

SKS

The iconic "peasant rifle" and a popular plinker. Fits perfectly into an insurgent or survivor loadout, but not very practical for most modern skirmishes.

A Chinese variant that uses AK magazines just may hold promise though...

M70 -AK variant

It seems everyone else is thrashing this gun, but I don't think it'd be that bad as a gas rifle.

Because the weapon has an internal hold open, you'd be able to solve the AK dry firing issue.

As an AEG though, it'd be nothing more then another random designation in a sea of wood and steel.

M1 carbine

Marushin already makes one, albeit 8mm and pretty impractical.

A 6mm version that can accept the short magazines would be pretty neat, especially if there was an M1A1 variant.

Rifles

Gewehr 43

It'd be a nice way to balance out the German side of WW2 airsoft. It's more or less an SKS firing a larger round with removable magazines.

M1 garand

There are plenty of these out there. Numerous M14 conversions and the not so practical Marushin, but they exist.

Although, I have to admit that a practical, gas blowback Garand would be very nice indeed.

Lee enfield no4 Mk1

Springfield 1903

Arisaka type 99

It's a shame that such iconic rifles are so hard to find. The sole replica of the Springfield is a prohibitively expensive springer and the only Enfields are conversions. The Arisaka isn't common enough for any easy conversion, so your single option is the gas Tanaka.

It is rather boggling that no major manufacturers have produced any of these.

They're simple enough to design, and profit would be instant with such a lack of available models.

Mosin nagant

I can buy ten real Mosins for the price of the KTW. They're some of the most common rifles, period.

It isn't rocket science to make an airsoft version. Not to mention, a replica of The End's rifle would be epic!

Support weapon

M1918A2 BAR

Admittedly, not the most practical weapon out there, and the fact that the only replica is rather pricey doesn't help at all.

A cheaper version, and some more types of magazines, would be great.

Bren L4a4

As I understand it, some individuals sell home-made Bren guns. However, a production model of such a unique rifle would be nice.

Stoner Mk63

In terms of loadout, these were used for a very short time in Vietnam. The idea was a predecessor to rifles like the XM8; easily converted from assault rifle, to LSW, to markman's weapon, to carbine. A bit heavy in the rifle role, but a unique and versatile weapon none the less.

Archived