Photos from our most recent Mil-Sim Event and Preparations for it

The event was called Full Metal Jacket 4... A whole line of mostly failed events :P ... This time, from our perspective though, it was good enough to post some photos just to let ya know why.

This was our team's base... there were many like it, but not nearly as good as ours.

P1160043.JPG_595.jpg

P1160016.JPG_595.jpg

Used to be a dirt road, now it has bunkers in it, and is called checkpoint charley.

P1160047.JPG_595.jpg

P1160065.JPG_595.jpg

No we didn't hire a construction company to do it... I'ts Mil-Sim after all.

P1160075.JPG_595.jpg

P1160049.JPG_595.jpg

P1160050.JPG_595.jpg

P1160162.JPG_595.jpg

Don't ya just love that Desert Warfare Feeling...

P1160014.JPG_595.jpg

P1160058.JPG_595.jpg

Over 20 Weapons for a Team of 10 stashed here somewhere.

Next Post

P1160106.JPG_595.jpg

Enemy, get your climbing gear.

P1160100.JPG_595.jpg

P1160090.JPG_595.jpg

P1160143.JPG_595.jpg

Our secondary weapon that day... Also played a role as a dummy die hard foe for our enemy... It wouldn't go down.

P1160052.JPG_595.jpg

Air defence system... Semi functional :P... Has flaming exhausts, but doesn't fly though.

P1160146.JPG_595.jpg

P1160007.JPG_595.jpg

P1160145.JPG_595.jpg

Cutting any other wire than the red one isn't recommended = Suicide via Pyrotechnics.

P1160001.JPG_595.jpg

Our team Captain, with my brainchild... One of our fully finctional Pyro AT4's

P1160009.JPG_595.jpg

P1160078.JPG_595.jpg

Gotta keep your *albartroth* hydrated.

P1160054.JPG_595.jpg

Our T...Rusty old grill... Got buried on site after the event... Rust in peace.

P1160077.JPG_595.jpg

Oh why can't we just buy the damn things... I'm fed up with hiding them between clothes and *suitcase* when going trought customs.

P1160029.JPG_595.jpg

Our 4x4 Mitsu L300 and Rental Volvo

P1160027.JPG_595.jpg

P1160034.JPG_595.jpg

Not very good on kilometers per gallon though... L300 is better for Airsoft.

Our training event before the Game... One of our members has a sizeable backyard... Take a look:

P1150918.JPG_595.jpg

P1150896.JPG_595.jpg

P1150929.JPG_595.jpg

P1150949.JPG_595.jpg

It looks pretty good, but why was it a 'failed' event for?

Our team's primary mission was to build an exessively impressive base camp - Sucess...

The rest of the event was a bunch of being on time from A to B Hope'ing you meet the enemy and getting back... The area was like 10km's square large and the enemy far out numbered us... and on the missions intended for us the ratio was meant to be the other way around... What sucked the most was that the emeny had some stupid paintball AT4's with infinite ammo and no extra weight with it so the Armored vehicles we were travelling around were useless and so were we, since one hit killed EVERYONE on board... Gamewise thats rediculous, although it does happen in real life... but this is airsoft.

Nice work! Though the barbed wire is a bit excessive, I think. Accidents can happen, and that stuff is f**king nasty if you fall into it and get tangled.

Exessive... This is exactly what people here expect and pay for from a Mil-Sim event. Anyway, we do carry tools and MED-Packs to help those poor buggers who do get tangeled in.

4 Years ago on a similar event... I remember a guy who broke his leg after falling in a sewer hole... He guarded our base for the next two days with a leg that was patched up with a stick and some tape.

Thats Hard Core Mil-Sim!

Edited by Jay L.Macrae

Awesome Camp, Training area etc..

when in the pill box I would paint your face . it is the only thing sticking out that doesnt blend and it would be a target..

Combatsim for the win!

Keep it up.. and how did you get the AT-4 to work? pm the info if possible.

rad

Nice work! Though the barbed wire is a bit excessive, I think. Accidents can happen, and that stuff is f**king nasty if you fall into it and get tangled.

There you go:

http://www.flints.co.uk/acatalog/Plastic_Barbed_Wire.html

Looks the shizz and keeps the health and safety nazis from the door...

There you go:

http://www.flints.co.uk/acatalog/Plastic_Barbed_Wire.html

Looks the shizz and keeps the health and safety nazis from the door...

man i love flints such an awesome company :)

Blackwater Esotonia i take my cap off to ye that is some mighty impressive setup you have there.

Exessive... This is exactly what people here expect and pay for from a Mil-Sim event. Anyway, we do carry tools and MED-Packs to help those poor buggers who do get tangeled in.

4 Years ago on a similar event... I remember a guy who broke his leg after falling in a sewer hole... He guarded our base for the next two days with a leg that was patched up with a stick and some tape.

Thats Hard Core Mil-Sim!

Don't want to sound like party-pooper here, but if someone breaks a leg or any other bone for that matter during a game, please take them to hospital.

After all wouldn't someone that badly injured on a real battlefield be airlifted out?

Don't want to sound like party-pooper here, but if someone breaks a leg or any other bone for that matter during a game, please take them to hospital.

After all wouldn't someone that badly injured on a real battlefield be airlifted out?

You haven't seen Black Hawk Down have you? :P...

Of cource they get taken to the hospital... Eventually... But this guy decided he wanted to stay and guard, so we werent going to stop him.

What are you all on about? The Broken Leg didn't happen this on event...

As I said this was 4 years ago... Can't change that, Can I.

Thes site was 150km in the middle of no where, although yes there are always helicopters.

It was his own desicion, he had no open wound or anything as I can remember... And you have to understand that this was probably his only event of the summer maybe even the year, he had gone through a lot of preparations to get there and wasn't interested in leaving straight away.

He probably did get an infection... But his still alive and playing.

And of course we all wanted to call an ambulance... But he is a military guy, and said it was nonsence...Figures. You can't force someone to go to a hospital... Can you?

I myself broke an ankle at skirmish event... I also didn't want to leave... I stood in guard at a tower for an hour until we were forced to move anyway so I asked a friend to get my car and drive to a hospital myself... yes with a broken ankle... And I walked a kilometre from the parking lot to the hospital.

After 2 monts my ankle healed fine...

Dont ask me why I didn't call an ambulance... I guess I just didn't feel like it was bad enough to bother them with it.

EMS, Police are always notified of the events here and are thus always available.

Edited by Jay L.Macrae

but still scar tissue and flesh will start to form in the break, not to mention blood clotting or something simular happening. Underlying injuries that may be cloked by the broken leg is what will kill you. Not to mention if caught the site or event would loose its Health and safety credentials. Or dotn you have health and safety in estonia?

Fair enough not calling an amublance but you should drive/ take a bus or what ever to the hospital strait away

Edited by AceOfSkulls

You are absolutely right... A broken leg must be positioned correctly immediately for it to heal properly...

4 years ago, there were guys with military first aid experience there... as far as I can remember... And they were the ones to patch and set him up right.

As for me, It was my boot that held my leg together so well that at first I thought that it was nothing... But of course about 2 hours later the swelling was telling me otherwise so a Hospital trip was inevitable... But seeing how shocked you are of hearing such extreme things happening in the feild, I'm not going to tell you what the hell happened in the hospital... In conclusion I might have been better off at home.

Health and safety... Yeah we've got them... But what we don't have here are official feilds or sites... We actually rent time on Military training grounds or Private property and ALMOST ALLWAYS everyone's there "at their own risk"... Although the holder of the event is responsible for several other things, one of which is notifying the emergency services of such an event taking place.

BTW... When ever we do get hurt... We never, ever mention that it happened while doing anything related to airsoft... Bad publicity for airsoft is a big NO NO.

Look don't worry, I't not that bad here...There are simpler and safer events as well... But some of us like them extreme...The worse the better... If we had cliffs and para jumping available as part of the game...I'd be the first one in line.

Thats just me... Not Airsoft in Estonia in General.

Does anyone know of such events taking place anywhere in the world? As in getting paradropped in the middle of a forest somewhere between cliffs, mountains and ravines... With OPFOR swarming the place... Thats like my dream Airsoft Mil-Sim game...I know I saw a video of a similar event on Youtube...Not sure if it was airsoft...Can't find it anymore either.

Anyway... Its now time for me to watch Top Gear from somewhere on the net... Tx for the great car show Britts.

Edited by Jay L.Macrae