• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a genuine compliment. I am not into sarcasm...

No problem, thanks buddy. I appreciate it! :)

Problem I face here is that I wanted this MP7 for CQB (the AEG ones are way too piddly) but most of our CQB FPS limits in the UK are around 330. I have absolutely no experience with gas rifles so...would there be an easy way to drop the FPS on this by 15?

I can't comfirm it but I am sure you can use 134a gas. Due to the very weak blowback I assume the bolt itself is pretty light so weaker gases would work.

Problem I face here is that I wanted this MP7 for CQB (the AEG ones are way too piddly) but most of our CQB FPS limits in the UK are around 330. I have absolutely no experience with gas rifles so...would there be an easy way to drop the FPS on this by 15?

A bit off topic but if you're looking for a CQB mp7 then a TM electric modded to take a lipo is perfectly adequate. 240 fps isn't much but when you're indoors it's plenty enough. If you're mechanically inclined you can even up the fps to 280 which is perfectly acceptable for CQB. Midcaps for the TM take 90 rounds...... i know which i would choose if I wanted a "game gun" :)

A bit off topic but if you're looking for a CQB mp7 then a TM electric modded to take a lipo is perfectly adequate. 240 fps isn't much but when you're indoors it's plenty enough. If you're mechanically inclined you can even up the fps to 280 which is perfectly acceptable for CQB. Midcaps for the TM take 90 rounds...... i know which i would choose if I wanted a "game gun" :)

True but GBB rifles and smgs just sound so awesome in a cqb environment. Except for one poor lad that mistook a GBBR M4 for a pistol so charged out of cover to get the "guy on his own with a pistol that had already shot 14 times" He was really surprised.

I have just been in to my local airsoft shop (www.novatcombat.com) to pick up my GBB MP7 and all I can say is I dont think ive ever seen such a well made airsoft product like this before (Ive been playing for 13 years and seen hundreds of new guns come and go).

I was a bit worried about how this MP7 was going to turn out, but it's amazing. Everything makes a crisp metal clang like you hear in films or on videos of real steels. It shoots perfectly. It sounds nice on single shot but the magic is in the fully auto. Plus you can get about a mag and half of BB's out before you need to top the gas up. The other great thing is you don't get cool down like a lot of other GBB's. It seems to avoid all that some how. The kick back is something else; when my mate was firing on full auto it started heading skyward. Nothing over the top but just put a smile on our faces.

Plus the shop I got it from are making up some custom thread adaptors to fit silencers and (the one I want it for) tracers. My mate who managed to do some more tests with his last night hopped it in with 0.25's, said the range is not that far off his WA GBB M4. I was told by the guys in the shop they chronoed it at about 300-340fps.

Anyway when I went in they still had a few boxes left, plus were getting the adaptors made up.

Ill take some pictures and a video or two in the next few days just to show you how awesome it really is.

P.S. I don't work for the shop or have any ties to it, with them getting the adaptors made up seemed like the best option.

Edited by Prev
I have just been in to my local airsoft shop (www.novatcombat.com) to pick up my GBB MP7 and all I can say is I dont think ive ever seen such a well made airsoft product like this before (Ive been playing for 13 years and seen hundreds of new guns come and go).

I was a bit worried about how this MP7 was going to turn out, but it's amazing. Everything makes a crisp metal clang like you hear in films or on videos of real steels. It shoots perfectly. It sounds nice on single shot but the magic is in the fully auto. Plus you can get about a mag and half of BB's out before you need to top the gas up. The other great thing is you don't get cool down like a lot of other GBB's. It seems to avoid all that some how. The kick back is something else; when my mate was firing on full auto it started heading skyward. Nothing over the top but just put a smile on our faces.

Plus the shop I got it from are making up some custom thread adaptors to fit silencers and (the one I want it for) tracers. My mate who managed to do some more tests with his last night hopped it in with 0.25's, said the range is not that far off his WA GBB M4. I was told by the guys in the shop they chronoed it at about 300-340fps.

Anyway when I went in they still had a few boxes left, plus were getting the adaptors made up.

Ill take some pictures and a video or two in the next few days just to show you how awesome it really is.

P.S. I don't work for the shop or have any ties to it, with them getting the adaptors made up seemed like the best option.

Thank you for this info.

Airsoft Armory have a small number in today. So I'm off to have a look/play.

The silencer idea is great, but I doubt it will actually reduce sound, as it's basically a GBB & most of the noise is created by the blowback, not the muzzle.

I'll take my chrono along, as 300-340fps is hardly an accurate figure is is?

Perhaps they mean that it will chrono between these figs, depending on the ambient temperature?

Greg.

Edited by greg

Oh dear, I can hear my wallet crying already, this might well pip the GBB purchase for me this year (As am getting registered shortly, been importing since 2007, why you needed to know that is beyond me, its a slow day). More pictures, and or video would be nice though, I hope its more 300 fps as I'd like to use it in CQB games.

I just hit the chrono with Abbey Predator and .2s at almost exactly 1joule / 340FPS.

A bit harder on greengas of course, but I bet it will work on 134a as well.

More pictures, and or video would be nice though,

Like I said, check this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...171320&st=0

Edited by somegirls

Silencers on an airsoft gun have always been a gimick to me. I was mearly giving examples of what you could fit.

300fps-340fps is a bit general but the first shot out was around 300fps and then it peaked at 340fps. Speaking to my mate who was there with me he said, it avaraged 320fps. Unlike a AEG, GBB power (FPS) fluctuates.

They say it takes greengas and I shoot it on green gas as well. All internals are made of steel/metal so there shouldn't be any problems.

Just like any other (metal slide) KWA pistol takes green gas.

And take a look at my short shooting report:

You actually don't even need to zero in the sights, it is just ready to rock when you get it.

some additional info in case you're looking for a .... case ;)

I have this one:

http://begadishop.com/catalog/product_info...c56187a0472cc89

and it fits perfectly:

img_0549go1d.jpg

img_05519o6w.jpg