I hope its more 300 fps as I'd like to use it in CQB games.

People have spent forever upgrading GBBs to get the most FPS they can. Well, the reverse is possible too. If you use a low flow setup you get more consistant FPS (or at least that is what i have found.

Of corse the simple answer is to just use 134a...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silencers on GBB do "work" in the sense that it changes the type of sound from a crack to a thud. Just as loud but different but it definitely makes it sound different. I can imagine a silencer would make this MP7 sound more cool hehe.

Non blowback gas rifles on the other hand... deserver silencers :) but that's a whole different story for a whole other thread.

I depends on the environment.

Indoors a surpressor doesn't really effect the sound of a GBB at all.

But shown on my WE M4, when you shot outdoors in reduced the actual shot from the muzzle and eliminates echos from houses and trees.

So yeah, they do work in a way.

And since the MP7 doesn't have much mechanical sound from the blowback compartment it might effect the sound of the gun even more.

Hello, I've been looking forward to getting my mitts on one of these for a while. I'll come back eventually with more info but figured as this was relatively new to the UK, I'd get the first impressions up, for those with an interest.

I have a pair of Marui MP7's & am a fan.

The KSC is noticeably heavier & feels way more solid. The look is more chiseled & there is an overall feel of quality, as you would expect from any of the ksc GBB pistols. Controls all have a very solid feel & work well. I particularly like the bolt pull & release. Nice.

Chrono results with a .2 & green gas at 20 degrees C, varied (with the 40rnd mag) from 345 (first 10 shots), down to 325, (last few shots).

The hop is in an easy to use location (front above the muzzle) & accessed by the supplied tool or appropriate allen key. It is a little sensitive, so correct setting is fiddly.

Once set, it holds well & using sgms, hitting a man sized target at 50m (on semi) was not a problem. On full auto, range seamed to drop a little.

Both the small (20rnd) & large (40rnd) mags were solid, & hefty. They fit well, with a satisfyingly positive 'click'.

The iron sights were as per the Marui but cast a little 'sharper' & look better quality. The stock is definitely more solid than the Marui, which is pretty flimsy.

All in all, a good quality product which I am looking forward to giving a good thrashing.

The mag valves look the same as the KSC Glock series. Like them, I think they will come out & benefit from the 'porting' thing. We'll see. :D

Airsoft Armory have a small & quickly diminishing stock of these, so if you are interested, get in quick. ;)

Or wait until it gets cloned. :D

Greg.

No hard feelings but how many more threads if this kind do we need?

There's been a review, than one in the news section and now another one here.

Well, I kid of figured that the other stuff was a consequence of anticipation & was appropriately located in the news section.

I figured it would be more helpful if I placed this in 'General'.

However, I agree with your point. Perhaps the mods would like to merge the various threads, to keep all relevant info together?

Greg.

It'd be appreciated if all of the first impressions could be kept in the same thread and in the correct section however; I appreciate you don't get quite as much attention in a threat started by another, but it'll either end up there or in the trash can and cause the staff more hassle to move it for the same end result.

Merging now. :)

Sorry Prev, really yours was more of a 'first impressions' thread also, and I want to make these threads as useful as possible. Spreading info all over the forum unfortuanately is a bit counter intuitive if the aim is to produce a reliable source of information on replicas.

That said, I noticed you have a news thread now about the flash hider - that's absolutely fine. :)

Strongly agree, positive re-enforcement is needed after the WE/WA/AGM GBB issues. Speaks to consistency in production as well.

+1 (user from agm m4 gbb with ratech, ghk, bomber, proarms y prowin internal products XD)

A beautiful, beautiful gun. :)

Two questions. Does the FPS fluctuate wildly, or is it relatively consistent? And, is it really a "Limited Edition"/limited production model (as seen on Redwolf Airsoft's product page), or is that just there to create some hype (it seems very promising anyway) ?

+1

Well, get some 20 round magazines and you have the meanest sidearm in the hood ;)

:P I just meant that I wouldn't have much skirmish use for it. For impression though.....hmmmm. Was looking at prices just a moment ago and the mag prices seem pretty prohibitive. :( Videos on YouTube look fun though:

Its here....

Having had a TM MP7A1 before many moons ago(actually ended up trading it for a Hi-Capa that became my Infinity SV now...), the idea of having another MP7 have floated around in my head for sometime. Thus when KSC announced they are making a GBB version of this, I was very excited and as soon as it was available for pre-order I jumped on it.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Externally the gun is mainly the same as the TM variant in that all the control are where you expect, and the finish is not that different from what I remembered. The polymer exterior is strong and stiff, the controls are made of metal, so are the removable(adjustable) sight, and the rails. The stock has metal "legs" and plastic/rubber rear pad. There is some slight wobble in the stock when extended. All these details are not that different from TM However...

original.jpg

original.jpg

...those details seperate it from the TM...a GBB heart based on the System 7. The bolt/BBU is made of metal(pot metal?), is very light. The system 7 nozzle as with their new USP is plastic. The recoil spring is fairly strong, and since this gun unlike a pistol, won't need a metal kit of anysort, I don't foresee any replacement unless something is broken.

With my chrono ###### out on me months ago, I have nothing to measure it with, though I have little doubt it'll shoot a lot hotter than the TM, although I think the TM might just pip it for accuracy. Stable stance with stock extended and rifle sight yields a loonie sized group over 5 semi-shots from 8m(max distance at my apartment). Full auto is a bit more erratic which covers 1/4 of a 8.5 x 11 sheet. The blow back is crisp, though lacking a bit of ohmph probably due to the light bolt. The sound is loud and satisfying sounding, so forget about the near silent running of the TM, you can probably be heard from far away with this...

original.jpg

Gonna get a Irondot with Larue mount for this...