• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only problem with them from what I've heard is that its still not a System 7(NS2) gun, and it might still be somewhat fragile on more powerful gas like Propane...

The MP7 is probably the nicest stock gun I've had....

Sorry? Where did you hear that it's not System 7? AFAIk the KSC MP7A1 is System7 :-

http://www.ksc-guns.co.jp/pro.html?http://...=60&disp=on

SInce I'm in germany, that one is semi auto only

why is that

semi or full auto doesn't make a difference for the government

is that a problem if ou want to import airsoft guns

on topic

i don't really like the mp7

i don't know for that money you can find alot better gbb (is the price going to go down afther some time or shouldn't i get my hopes up )

how long do you think it would take for a Chinese manufacturer to clone it

and it doesn't match with any outfit

on topic

i don't really like the mp7

i don't know for that money you can find alot better gbb (is the price going to go down afther some time or shouldn't i get my hopes up )

how long do you think it would take for a Chinese manufacturer to clone it

and it doesn't match with any outfit

Its better than any GBB "shouldering" weapon out there....its descibed loosely obviously because this is obviously a lot smaller than a rifle, but I think as a proof of concept it works quite well. The mag is no different from pistol round in their use and reliability, and quite powerful and consistent. I just think that is someone else does a system thats not based on the WA, and have better quality than a WE, can build a rifle that works as well as this thing....

Then the clone business, I don't like the clone business....

In essense the only reason why most people buy it is that its just another new cool toy.

For the small number of people its about creating the special forces look.

And finally an even smaller number of people like me are constantly trying to find the ideal airsoft skirmish weapon + FPS grading of weapons.

If you look at most airsoft engagements:

- most engagements occur at distances between 20-40m outdoors regardless of what FPS the weapon is.

- it is shown that a minimum muzzle velocity of 350fps is required to penetrate light scrubbery/foliage at 0-20m

- the shorter the carbine the more "operationally aware" the user will be to the environment.

- the shorter and lighter the carbine the more manouvreable it is to be used in most environments.

From there you can deduce that a short accurate carbine or an SMG, no heavier than 3.5kg, no longer than 700mm, and shooting a minimum of 350fps with a minimum of 45m reach, is ideal for most outdoor skirmishes not requiring extreme reach or extreme levels of accuracy. Of course, the lighter and shorter, without sacrificing accuracy, is optimum.

Hence why M4 CQBRs, AKS74Us, G36Cs are popular choices because they are near optimum, and subconsciously people buy it. But it is really not short enough or light enough.

However most AEGs the limitation is that at the CAR15 barrel length (285mm) the optimum linear FPS to spring tension point is around 410-420fps, meaning that FPS increase from M100-M120 is proportional, but above M130 the FPS increase is much less than linearly expected. If the barrel length is any shorter than an MP5 barrel, then the optimum point is around 350-370fps.

So yes this is why the GBB MP7s are so significant. It is an extremely accurate, extremelyshort length, light weight skirmish weapon at the required FPS to be effective. It is the ideal skirmish piece, and with enough hard points to allow it become a multirole weapon it is more than just a poser weapon.

In a way this is very similar to the evolution of real steel assault carbines and PDWs.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Well, all I can say is the following:

I paid 400€for my WE M4 and about another 100€ on needed upgrades and both mags leaking.

I paid 250€ for the MP7 that was even almost completely zeroed in out of the box, works perfect and is also fully licensed by HK.

KSC is just one of the best manufacturers out there and in its roll the MP7 can be used for CQB and woodland skirmishes. Or as a snipers sidearm.

I can imagine that it is just as accurate as a full lenght AEG.

And don't forget the fun-factor.

And don't forget the fun-factor.

Mine just turned up, and i've just finished test-firing it.

*Splurge*

I've got to say, this is one of the best airsoft purchases i have EVER made. Now i'm just awaiting the arrival of more 40rnd mags, and a silencer adaptor for my tracer unit...

*Splurge #2*

actually what i wanted to say is that it doesn't fit my swat or usmc impression

its kinda like a p90 it will always look futuristic (and looks really stupid when you are big)

my choose for gas guns would be agm m4 or well mp5k they are both cheaper and work really wel (and you can find alot of spare parts)

where did you find a mp7 for 250$ it costs 334$ without chipping from ehobby asia