why is that

semi or full auto doesn't make a difference for the government

is that a problem if ou want to import airsoft guns

on topic

i don't really like the mp7

i don't know for that money you can find alot better gbb (is the price going to go down afther some time or shouldn't i get my hopes up )

how long do you think it would take for a Chinese manufacturer to clone it

and it doesn't match with any outfit

You are of course entitled to your opinions, which I respect.

But I have to ask, have you used one? :huh:

Obviously not. :unsure:

'Cos if you had, you would then know what you were talking about. :rolleyes:

I'm not about to repeat this entire thread but if you take the time to read through it, you will be able to see (& possibly respect) the opinions of a few folk who actually own, or have used one of these. Then, possibly, you will get some idea of what this particular gun is all about.

Fingers crossed it will get cloned tomorrow, opening up this little gem to the masses. Encouraging development of other similarly brilliant guns in the near future. Or possibly causing the developing company to go bankrupt, due to lack of sales & therefore bring all future development to a grinding halt. :mellow:

It's a great bit of kit, however, it does have one massive failing,,,,,,,,,,,see next post.

Greg.

PS, Would you not agree that posting "I don't really like the MP7" on an MP7 thread is a little counter productive? Especially without taking the time to explain why. :huh:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I was informed last week of one gun that cracked the blowback cylinder after a few mags.

I figured this might just be a one off until this yesterday when someone bought theirs over to me saying 'I can't get the bolt to go forward, is your like this?'.

It had only fired a few mags. We stripped it & low & behold, exactly the same problem: the blow back cylinder had two splits in it.

fingers crossed both these guns will be sorted under warrantee, but it makes me fearful that this could be a common design fault.

The blowback cylinder is very thin plastic & in the case I saw, was split in two places at the mag end.

Mine is fine so far (touch wood). I've done about 2000 rnds so far, about 50/50 semi/auto. No failures as yet.

Please don't let these bad eggs put you off, this is still my fave ever gun, for all the reasons I've already stated. ;)

Greg.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I was informed last week of one gun that cracked the blowback cylinder after a few mags.

I figured this might just be a one off until this yesterday when someone bought theirs over to me saying 'I can't get the bolt to go forward, is your like this?'.

It had only fired a few mags. We stripped it & low & behold, exactly the same problem: the blow back cylinder had two splits in it.

fingers crossed both these guns will be sorted under warrantee, but it makes me fearful that this could be a common design fault.

The blowback cylinder is very thin plastic & in the case I saw, was split in two places at the mag end.

Mine is fine so far (touch wood). I've done about 2000 rnds so far, about 50/50 semi/auto. No failures as yet.

Please don't let these bad eggs put you off, this is still my fave ever gun, for all the reasons I've already stated. ;)

Greg.

My friend seems to have the same problem. When you open the bolt cover, you see the bolt stuck halfway inside... and nothing happens when you pull the charging handle. He hasn't gotten to stripping the gun yet though.

Is this the same problem sir?

I got mine at pretty much the same time as him. We both skirmished for the first time with the MP7 yesterday. He has gone through less than 10 mags-worth of BBs on Guarder Gas. So far so good for me. I'm crossing my fingers... most likely I will switch to HFC 134 from now on...

Edited by jesTer

I had a chance to skirmish it today (First and Only's Asylum). I didn't use it to much but I got through about 3 or so mags. Didn't have any issues with having to re-cock. It's an awesome little piece but definitely suited for the indoors stuff.

I look forward to some tight-bore barrels and hopefully an after-market blowback cylinder then. I was using HFC Green today @ a fluctuating 306-350(ish).

My friend seems to have the same problem. When you open the bolt cover, you see the bolt stuck halfway inside... and nothing happens when you pull the charging handle. He hasn't gotten to stripping the gun yet though.

Is this the same problem sir?

I'm afraid that is the exact external symptom. :(

Greg.

I've been using green on mine.

Just took it apart & no sign of damage yet.

The one that I saw on Sat had done less that a magazine. I think it was on green but doubt it would have made any difference.

I have gone through the paperwork & can't find any obvious 'English' reference to gas.

There is a pic on page 6 of the manual that shows a cartoon image of a mag being filled with a can marked 'KSC Mighty Bombe'.

There is then reference to KSC 500 @ 1365yen, I'm guessing this is their product. In brackets there is reference to 1,300 yen, 500g, HFC134a. I have no idea if this is a warning or an alternitive. It is not in bright red or big letters.

Below this there are some symbols in red circles with red lines through. The only relevent one implyes that 40 degrees C is a no-no.

If anyone knows what KSC mighty bomber is, this may help.

Or any ranslater out there who have access to the manual? :D

This would be a first for me, as I've been running any & all my gas guns on green for about 8 years & never had a problem.

Greg.

Edited by greg

Well... 134a gas broke my KSC USP .45's plastic slide after less than 20 mags worth of shots so I guess it's a matter of luck of the draw whether you get one with a weak part.

I'm considering switching to 134a or maybe mixing green and 134a... and of course, stocking up that part as soon as it's available at retailers.. -_-

134a doesn't improve longevity? I always thought it does since blowback is much weaker hence, less stress on every movable part.

@ (V)atrix - my friend's broken MP7 is the KSC. Mine's also KSC. We got it pretty much as soon as it was available. Except he got his from Hong Kong, while I bought from a local retailer.

Edited by jesTer

I don't think the KWA has broken cover yet - all MP7s out there are from the initial "Limited Edition" of 1500 froms KSC. The KWA is listed as out at Airsoft GI from tomorrow.

It's not that 134a doesn't improve longevity, but that in Japan it's necessary for legality. 134a should improve longevity, unless the part is fatally flawed.

1, 134a doesn't improve longevity?

2, I always thought it does since blowback is much weaker hence, less stress on every movable part.

1, I didn't say that did I?

2, You are quite right, obviously 134 stresses the gun's system less than green. However, in most (but not all) cases this is not enough to cause any significantly premature failure.

Let me clarify: Japan has very strict power limits. Limits which could be exceeded by the use of green gas. Therefore guns produced in Japan or with the intention of sale in Japan usually carry a warning not to use green gas.

Greg.

Let me clarify: Japan has very strict power limits. Limits which could be exceeded by the use of green gas. Therefore guns produced in Japan or with the intention of sale in Japan usually carry a warning not to use green gas.

Greg.

That makes sense. Anyway, I'm still reconsidering straight green gas now that it seems there are more than 1 cases of MP7 breaking. I wonder what's the fps like on 134a... or if it even cycles properly.

Just FYI: you can't even buy green gas (or red gas, or propane) in shops in Japan. Sun Project's green gas isn't even green gas. Officially airsoft shops only sell HFC134a. As for propane, you cannot buy propane from shops in Japan either. You can find propane/butane mix, or butane.

This is the reason why you can't find gas recommendations the KSC documentation manuals.

The only way to get propane in Japan has been on the US bases.

Well, all my KSC pistols run on greengas like a charme als they have plastic cylinders as well.

So I'm pretty sure those are either lemons or i's a general design flaw.

That's why I stayed away from responding whether KSC could or couldn't handle green gas :D.

Well it wouldn't be much use in japan if it didn't cycle properly on 134a would it?

It does 300-ish on it.

Think again. :D

It cycles & fires fine. Operates as per green but no where near as noisy & chronos around 230fps on 134a, with a .2 @ 20 degrees C.

Greg.

Hrmm....Redwolf reckon it does 310 on 134a. That does seem a mighty drop (340 to 230).

Well, I ain't about to enter an argument with the big bad wolf.

I just checked again & the highest was 237 (3rd shot) & lowest was 212. This followed a 6 or 7 shot burst, near the end of the mag.

As you probably remember I use a Skan chrono (the best) & I checked that I was on .2's just in case I picked up the wrong bottle. The same bb's gave around 330fps with green.

As said it is 20.5 degrees C here in cloudy Ealing today.

Perhaps it was a little warmer when red wolf did their tests? :rolleyes:

Greg.

Edited by greg