This is the same problem I have seen.

Can you give details, ie, gas, temperature, how many shots before fracture & supplyer?

Greg.

Standard setup:

Guarder 0.28g BB

ASG GreenGas "Summer Type" (The term "summer Type" mens less oli)

Temp. 19.5C

Loaded my first 100 rounds worth of BB's, firing bursts of 10-20 rounds... fired 90 rounds, cylinder blew and blocked the bolt.

Time spent firing the gun approx 5 sec.

Time spent trawling the internet for new Part #23 +75h

Time spent bitching... not counted. :angry:

The gun is from EhobbyAsia, and after sending them the pix, they are trying to get me a new part.

But they say it may be a month... before I'l get it, as the gun is so new, nobody have the parts in stock.

Edited by Duckling
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my team-mates has access to a CNC machine - does the cylinder look like it could be re-created in aluminium without too much drama? :D

An cylinder in Aluminium, would not be a good thing, due to cool down, and the thermal properties of Aluminium.

OK... skirmish this morning...

1 mag filled with 134a, shot fine. Filled with propane, the blowback cylinder broke after 5 shots on semi. :headbutt: Last week, it went through 200 rounds in combinations of semi and full auto on green gas with no problems.

Another brought his MP7 which has gone through hundreds of rounds on green gas. 2 10 minute skirmishes later, the blowback cylinder cracked too...

Someone please PLEASE come out with a reinforced part... :angry:

Apparently that part is quite brittle. I am wondering if inserting the magazine with the bolt open (charging handle pulled) would help instead of jamming it in with the bolt closed. Then again, I have to say we should wait for a new nozzle to be made by a 3rd party.

I don't know if you guys know this but KWA USA claims that the KSC version is not reinforced to use green gas.

Can somegirls (only KWA owner around here) and a KSC owner scan their parts diagram to see if something is really different?

link please to this KWA quote?

I should have mine in a week or two (a KWA)

Sure thing:

http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1426

Too bad Umarex doesn't have a part diagram, Do they sell a version with full auto anywhere? Or just semi versions on Germany?

This is the same ###### that we get from KWA-USA over and over again.

They always claim (or allizard do) that there KWA weapons is different from alle other KWA weapons, as theres supposedly is designed in US by KWA-USA (although there own Homepage states that there guns i made i taiwan and designed in Japan).

As there new M11A1 version came out allizard told the world that the new "SN2" gassystem were indeed an american invention, strange though that the "SN2" is identical to the System7 that KSC started making years ago.

Strange that the KWA-USA "KP" series of SN2 pistols, uses same parts and magazines as the USP series System7 models, from KSC.

This may be just pure luck, but to all others then allizard, it is the same guns.

So, if KWA-USA claims that there M7A1 is different from the KSC one.

I would take that statement quit lightly, until they produce a parts diagram that is not 100% identical to the KSC version.

Think about it this way:

We know that KSC have worked on the Mp7A1 for years. They make it with the System 7 gassystem, on the KWA factory.

On the same factory, at the same time the new "company" KWA-USA shows up and ask the KWA factory to make them a... Mp7A1 that they just designed. And then, just to repeat this incredible streak of genius, Umarex comes along with the own plans for a Mp7A1 that only shoots semiauto for the german marked.

Perhaps plausible to mr. allizard... I don't buy it.

There is one product. One Mp7A1 GBB on the marked right now.

It is designed by KSC and made on the KWA factory.

KWA-USA and Umarex is just rebranders, trying to look like manufactures.

End of story.

The hole show about blown cylinders on new System 7 weapons is the same as we have seen it with the USP series and the M11, as they came out in the new versions.

Especially the M11 sold i denmark as the special new ASG-M11 (made by KWA ;) ) blew there nozzels.

After the spare parts came out, the problem vanished...

So, we just have to wait. :(

All the blown cylinders is from KSC guns, made for the Japanese marked. We the non Japanese KSC owners do not interest KSC.

As the KWA versions hit the international marked, and the cryes from owners with blown cylinders get to Taiwan, they'l make a less brittle cylinder and we will all be happy.

The only big issue fore me is time, as I hate to have my newest 350$ toy sitting on a shelf, and not seeing any action.

Oh yes, BTW: Only Germans have to live with the the strange law banning full auto on airsoft.