• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, yeah, just thought about that, all the valve is doing is allowing a higher volume of air to actually push the round. Oops, wasn't thinking logically!

So, to clarify:

I can swap this part with the corresponding one in the KWA (exact KSC copy) Glock 18 gathering dust under my bed & get 400fps?

Greg.

That's what Duckling and I were talking about. Rocket valve won't change the problem with the nozzle.

I guessed it was, but you were a bit tecky. Thanks for translating it into a more digestible form. You know for us thickies. :D

As there is a bit more gas going down the barrel with this mod, how many more fps could one expect by extending the barrel?

& how much more barrel could you add?

Personally I think anything over a 150mm silencer would look silly but I'm kind of interested, just from a theoretical point of view.

Using Guarder .28 HPM's, at 330fps I'm getting great accuracy. Like most Marui gbb's (with the hop full up on .3's), on semi, I can hit a 12"disk at 50m most of the time. Unlike the pistols, the MP7 offers a much more stable platform. I'm wondering just how accurate this thing could become at longer range, with more power.

Most complain about it's lack of recoil, but this only adds to my hope for long range accuracy.

A 300mm tightbore, could result in upgrded g-spec performance. Semi & full auto & so compact. Or am I just dreaming? :D

Greg.

I don't think so Greg - been discussing this at the weekend with techy minded types. There's every chance it'd be a 450-500fps weapon with a carbine-length tightbore. A very *nasty* gun indeed!

I would agree that you would need 'rules' for this type of thing.

Ground Zero offer 425fps with a 30m med for semi only's. At Urban assault it's 400fps. This could be a loverly lightweight option for both of those.

If the accuracy is good enough.

I'm all for pushing the boundaries but not at the cost of injury. ;)

Greg.

I'm all for pushing the boundaries but not at the cost of injury. ;)

The general Danish limit is <430fps @ 0.2g or 1.65J for FullAuto, 6 meters safety dist. (If posible) for "Outside" shooting.

(CQB "Inside" is normally <350fps @ 0.2g)

So for my Mp7A1 the option for changing the Mp7 from around 330fps to 400fps is a welcome option.

Making it a very neat addition to my arsenal, as it is 2 weapons in one.

Now I just wait for the PDI 01 barrel. :P

Was doing a bit of day dreaming yesterday. Assuming that System 7 engines are similar you could get some idea of the difference in FPS that a small increase in barrel length would make by comparing the quoted FPS for the USP match vs the standard USP. This is assuming all other things equal in terms of gas parts between these two, which I think is a reasonably guess to make.

From Ehobbyasia for example the USP gets 350 fps while the USP Match gets 370 fps...... from a piddly 20mm increase in barrel lenght :-O I really do wonder what might happen if you increase the barrel length by the length of a stubby silencer (~ 100mm) and complimented that with a Glock rocket valve to make sure there's enough gas to keep the bb accelerating throughout that length of barrel.

Was doing a bit of day dreaming yesterday. Assuming that System 7 engines are similar you could get some idea of the difference in FPS that a small increase in barrel length would make by comparing the quoted FPS for the USP match vs the standard USP. This is assuming all other things equal in terms of gas parts between these two, which I think is a reasonably guess to make.

From Ehobbyasia for example the USP gets 350 fps while the USP Match gets 370 fps...... from a piddly 20mm increase in barrel lenght :-O I really do wonder what might happen if you increase the barrel length by the length of a stubby silencer (~ 100mm) and complimented that with a Glock rocket valve to make sure there's enough gas to keep the bb accelerating throughout that length of barrel.

:D:D:D

I like your thinking.

Greg.

WELL!

I got a KSC today, despite there being a KWA on its way to me. I guess in a week or two I can do a real comparative review.

So I filled up my three mags with HFC green and got on with it. What a lovely gun! Great noise, enough recoil to make it fun, and looks like the accuracy will be pretty good once the hop's bedded in.

I did 12 mags on semi with a couple of FA bursts, no problems. Thought I was OK.

THEN. I did two mags through on FA. Cylinder fracked.

As I bought it from A2 I just went straight back and returned it for another one. I know it might only be a lemon, but I am staying on semi until the KWA and my spare nozzles arrive from Dentrinity, and we get nearer to the bottom of this whole business.

God, it's nice though. Really nice.

I was getting between 345 indoors, full mag, to 300fps outdoors, nearly empty mag. 18.2 rps. Really happy with that, not that the ROF is going to get much use for a bit! :)

Edited by galactica
WELL!

I got a KSC today, despite there being a KWA on its way to me. I guess in a week or two I can do a real comparative review.

So I filled up my three mags with HFC green and got on with it. What a lovely gun! Great noise, enough recoil to make it fun, and looks like the accuracy will be pretty good once the hop's bedded in.

I did 12 mags on semi with a couple of FA bursts, no problems. Thought I was OK.

THEN. I did two mags through on FA. Cylinder fracked.

As I bought it from A2 I just went straight back and returned it for another one. I know it might only be a lemon, but I am staying on semi until the KWA and my spare nozzles arrive from Dentrinity, and we get nearer to the bottom of this whole business.

God, it's nice though. Really nice.

I was getting between 345 indoors, full mag, to 300fps outdoors, nearly empty mag. 18.2 rps. Really happy with that, not that the ROF is going to get much use for a bit! :)

Again, sorry to hear. :(

As said, thrash it now, avoid disapointment later. :D

You are right, the hop is kinda hyper sensitive but once you get it right, an absolute joy.

Still running mine on Guarder .28 HPMS, kills at 50m, deep joy.

No where near as fun as the point blank kills down at Epsom though. :D

Greg.

what is RPS, interesting in buying one for side arm

Rate of fire (ROF) measured in Rounds Per Second (R.P.S.).

Just because this gun is small, you are falling into the trap of thinking of it as 'back up'.

It is not. I use it as a primary & it holds up very well.

It's one & only drawback, is the lack of a high capacity magazine. If you are used to & enjoy emptying 300-500 rnd mags, this is not the gun for you.

Greg.

So Redwolf and A2 are recommending regular lubing of the piston cup (with silicon spray) - like, after every day's use.

I'm keen to keep up my maintenance on this lovely wep. However, I am a klutz with takedowns and a little bit worried. Redwolf's guide is OK-ish but a little bit vague and assumes knowledge I don't have - like, how to keep the hammer down.

Is it possible (I guess i'm asking Duckling here!) to lube this area without a full takedown? like, through the magwell or the ejection port? With a long nozzle on the silicon can, perhaps...

It is possible, it's just not going to be as effective. You really should completely take the bolt out, and it's really simple, just follow Redwolf's guide in getting the bolt out. Keeping the hammer down is as simple as not pulling the trigger while the bolt is out of the gun. Once the bolt is out, just pull the cylinder forward so that the piston cup is visible, and spray away.

Any advice on removing the remains of whatever type of putty redwolf stuck on mine to cover up the trades on the grip? (luckily they only puttied a black square to the HK part, nothing else, so there wasn't too much to take off) I've still got some slight clumps and I don't want to ruin my KSC trying to get it off...

Any advice on removing the remains of whatever type of putty redwolf stuck on mine to cover up the trades on the grip? (luckily they only puttied a black square to the HK part, nothing else, so there wasn't too much to take off) I've still got some slight clumps and I don't want to ruin my KSC trying to get it off...

White spirit?

Greg.

Never fired a 4.6 or .22wmr, but I can immagine it is very little, simmilar to a 9mil / .38 special?

Greg.

The 4.6x30mm has about 1/4 the felt recoil of a 9mm (in comparison to an MP5). I've only shot mine on 134a so far, but I imagine that on green it'd be very similar to the real level of felt recoil.

Edited by (V)atrix
So Redwolf and A2 are recommending regular lubing of the piston cup (with silicon spray) - like, after every day's use.

I'm keen to keep up my maintenance on this lovely wep. However, I am a klutz with takedowns and a little bit worried. Redwolf's guide is OK-ish but a little bit vague and assumes knowledge I don't have - like, how to keep the hammer down.

Is it possible (I guess i'm asking Duckling here!) to lube this area without a full takedown? like, through the magwell or the ejection port? With a long nozzle on the silicon can, perhaps...

I tried to follow Red's take down but ran into problems straight away taking the pin out. Either I'm weak or do these pins take some force to push out?

The 4.6x30mm has about 1/4 the felt recoil of a 9mm (in comparison to an MP5).

Wow, that's like, nothing. :huh:

You probably exert more noticeable movement into the gun with a clumsy trigger pull. Have you actually fired one? I would guess this would allow a good shooter to give full auto groups on top of each other????????? :huh:

I'm using green on mine & notice NO recoil at all, After all, there is no slide, the only moving parts are very small & plastic.

Greg.

Edited by greg