• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive noticed that with my mp7 if i pull the charging handle and release it slowly then pull the trigger...nothing happens. If i do it quickly or just let the bolt slam forward, it fires normally. Not necessarily a problem, but im curious if anyone else has noticed the same.

Still no cylinder trouble :D

Bought mine on a whim yesterday at a game, 435.00 for five mags and the gun and a free bag of G&G .25s. The gun shoot great, and is amazing in cold weather. The day started off at 52*F and the low at the end of the day was 45*F. No issues with cool down which was amazing. One problem for me is mag pouches. I'm guessing they will not fit in MP5 pouches? A friend has a P90 and his pouches were a bit too deep and had to push the MP7 mags from the bottom to be able to get a grip on them and get them out of the pouch. Any ideas?

Edited by eskhobbs

Skirmished my KSC aaaaand Jonathan Higg's KWA MP7 yesterday. Yes, dual wielding fun. Used strictly propane in both guns, ran Madbull .4g BB's through them both and tweaked their hopups. Handled the .4's extremely well, the range and accuracy was insanely good. Distances were around 120-150 feet. My KSC chronoed in around 390, and actually hit 420 on the very first shot on a fresh magazine that was left to bake in the sun for a half hour while conversing with others.

Jonathan Higg's KWA came in at just around the same (385-390), didn't bother to test with a freshly warmed up magazine though. Upon ending the day the nozzle on my KSC cracked. Didn't really phase me however, the KWA nozzle will be available shortly and I was actually looking to bust my KSC cylinder for testing purposes. Took 1,228 rounds to break it, with about half of those run with UFC Green gas and the other half just straight Coleman Propane, about 800 of the rounds were shot on fully automatic. Not bad at all. I put 189 rounds through Higg's on Saturday while I was dual wielding MP7's. I think he put ~200 through his before hand.

The range and accuracy was just on par with one another, there was hardly any difference between the two models. The only noticeable changes included the trigger pull, piston lid coloring (the KSC was green and the KWA is orange) and of course the difference in trademarks. And the fact that Higg's is still in 100% working order and mine is not.... -_-

To top it all off, I got more comments then I can count. I let at least 10 guys try them out and demonstrated them for another 10 or so. Compliments came rolling in every minute or so from the guy I would stack up next to on a building. I'm convinced that KWA has hit a new milestone with this weapon and I feel that if you can transplant this reliability, power, accuracy and range into any other GBB platform then it will sell like hot cakes.

I'm using MP5 pouches, which are fine.

**ANOTHER BROKEN BLOWBACK ALERT**

I'm afraid that after over 2000 green gas, semi & full auto shots, my KSC MP7 has suffered the same fate as so many others. :rolleyes:

Pulled the trigger to get the first kill of the day (55m) very pleased as usual, leveled the sight on the next 'fish in the barrel' & bugger, bolt locked back!

Switched to pistol & held my position for 15 mins. :D

Probably looking at a 4 week wait for a replacement. :(

Having spoken to the supplier, this brings the failure rate for their first batch to 30%. More concerning is the fact that they reckon the second batch is at 50%.

Oh boy. :unsure:

Greg.

The Proshop should have them in soon, don't know if KWA USA ships outside of the states though. Going to talk to EdGI to see if I can get an extended tbb for the MP7 and slide a silencer over it. Then laugh at all the WA/WE/AGM users =D Anyone know where I can get the thread adapter state side?

Edited by eskhobbs

I'm sure Novatcombat would ship you one to the US...but they're a bit...lackadaisical...so you might have to persevere!

If you know anyone with any machining stuff, they're not that hard to make. bit of aluminium tube and two thread dies, one inner, one outer.

I plan to do exactly as you do with my KWA :)

The KWA pro shop page for spares has been put up, but there's no content yet. Allizard tells me there'll be spares in a week or two. I'm pretty confident that cylinder will be better - no news of any breakages in the US yet.

Having my fingers crosed.

Umarex have not been any help in europe, so if these Americans can get it right, they got my vote.

BTW: the "KSC Taiwan" version is out.

Same real trades as the "Japan" version, so not the strange Umarex stuf. Only change is the ingraved JASG serial is changed to what looks like a laser job.

Price is just around 290$US. at the moment i HongKong, but I guest it to get down to the 250$ as the KWA version in the states.

Edited by Duckling
BTW: the "KSC Taiwan" version is out.

Same real trades as the "Japan" version, so not the strange Umarex stuf. Only change is the ingraved JASG serial is changed to what looks like a laser job.

Price is just around 290$US. at the moment i HongKong, but I guest it to get down to the 250$ as the KWA version in the states.

Do you have any links to places selling it? Can't see it anywhere. Thanks.