For those wondering if the KWA will run reliably using PC duster. The answer is yes! I just ran walmart's clean air PC duster through one yesterday.

The first 2 shots registered at 280 FPS with Javelin .20g BBs

The rest of the BBs shot in the neighborhood of 260's using the same weight/brand of BBs.

By using duster gas, you do not put as much stress on the guns internals. Meaning you're less likely to bust anything.

I havent gone through the whole thread but I was wondering how the range is on these things. I have heard they shoot past 150 feet. I believe it as the KWA Glock series does the same thing.

Whats most important though is the shot for shot consistency and that the gun shoots straight. Can anyone who owns one of these things let me know how it shoots compared to an AEG in terms of shot trajectory and consistency.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats most important though is the shot for shot consistency and that the gun shoots straight. Can anyone who owns one of these things let me know how it shoots compared to an AEG in terms of shot trajectory and consistency.

On the one I got enough shots through to wear in the hop before the cylinder gave in, it was getting really good. As good as a KWA G36c...not quite as good as a TM MP7. Accurate range was easily 150ft. As I progressed to heavier BBs (now using .30s) it just got sweeter.

why would you sell it already?? Did you not like it?

I love the gun, but here in chicago it is getting to cold to use it. I know I will rebuy it in the spring time, but much rather have the money now.

If you want to buy it just shoot me a PM, as I dont have the required 30 posts.

Edited by eskhobbs
On the one I got enough shots through to wear in the hop before the cylinder gave in, it was getting really good. As good as a KWA G36c...not quite as good as a TM MP7. Accurate range was easily 150ft. As I progressed to heavier BBs (now using .30s) it just got sweeter.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info :P

I just went ahead and picked myself up one of these KWA MP7A1 GBB's. For CQB, I intend to run duster gas through it. The local arena allows for full auto so I should be good to go. 260 FPS with .20g BBs is plenty quick for engagements as close as 5-10 feet. Running duster gas should also keep me from busting anything in the gun. I intend to use it on full auto indoors.

I just need to be able to keep my excitement for the little sucker in check. It shouldn't be hard. I'm playing around with my TM Desert Warrior 4.3 right now. In about 5 days, I should have the KJW M4 GBBR in front of my doorstep.

Stuff to keep me occupied :lol:

There's no indications yet that the KWA will bust under any gas - it's only the KSC that has the iffy cylinder as far as we can tell. Fair dos for using a lesser power for CQB, makes sense - but I don't think you have to worry about it breaking so much.

I should have my KWA this week, but a report from an owner of both now confirms that the internals are swappable into the KSC, and that the stock pad for the bolt to hit is thicker in the KWA. This is pretty much confirmation that the gun is pretty different. The trades are more accurate on the KSC - the KWA ones were made inaccurate after LEO in the US said they couldn't tell between the real steel and the airsoft. :o

There's no indications yet that the KWA will bust under any gas - it's only the KSC that has the iffy cylinder as far as we can tell. Fair dos for using a lesser power for CQB, makes sense - but I don't think you have to worry about it breaking so much.

I should have my KWA this week, but a report from an owner of both now confirms that the internals are swappable into the KSC, and that the stock pad for the bolt to hit is thicker in the KWA. This is pretty much confirmation that the gun is pretty different. The trades are more accurate on the KSC - the KWA ones were made inaccurate after LEO in the US said they couldn't tell between the real steel and the airsoft. :o

LEO's in the US wont be able to tell from 10 feet whether it has trademarks or not. The best tell tale sign of an airsoft gun is an orange. You pull it on them, they don't look for trademarks to determine whether or not its a KWA airsoft gun or RS. You're dead...

I doubt LEO's had anything to do with KWA not producing all the correct trademarks.

I'm sure it will be fine with green gas. I just prefer using duster gas at higher temperature. Less wear and tear overall. Outside where it is around 50-60 degrees, I feel better using green gas to operate the gun as I don't have to worry about durability as much.

If anything, it will be my TM Desert Warrior by my side when I use my KJW M4 GBB. :D

the LEOs were buying KWAs for training purposes, it wasn't an objection to their overall appearance from 10 feet away, it was for their own identification, or that's how I read it. I don't need an object lesson in how armed response works. :)

The KWAs spent 2 weeks in customs in the US before they were released. Again, down to realism & trademarks concerns from customs officers. There's no reason for KWA to make that up or falsify the delay, the delay wasn't good for them.

Gotcha. Where did you read about it or do you have an inside source that has to remain unnamed? Where did you read about it? Just curious...

It still doesn't really make sense. If its for training purposes, then they have all the time in the world to inspect the mag and inspect the chamber. That's pretty much as quick as checking proper trademarks if not quicker.

Even then, the easiest way to go about identifying something (besides the orange tip) for would be having an airsoft gun that do not have trademarks at all. Or.....having KWA written all over the gun as with their AEG series. Seriously though, they could have kept the full trademarks and just painted a blaze orange tip on the flash hider.

That explanation (LEO's way of identifying airsoft gas MP7's) isn't really very convincing as there are other ways which are more practical (like painting the tip orange)than changing markings here and there. Even if its for training purposes. I mean seriously, it would take more time identifying whether or not its an airsoft gun blaze orange flash hider or inspecting the chamber than inspecting the trademarks. For that reason, I don't believe that LEO's had a say on what KWA could put on the MP7.

*shrugs*

Then again its only my opinion. The trademarks on the KWA look legit enough to me. Not complaining about it. Just voicing out what I think about LEO's being involved in altering the trademarks of the KWA MP7.

With regard to customs officers and gun trademarks. I highly doubt all of them are well versed on 100% authentic trademarks. From what has been advertised about the gun, Umarex who supposedly has a say on the MP7 model okayed KWA to mark their guns as such. That means they can be legally imported to the US so long as they have the orange tip as required by the Fedaral law. If KWA was really worried about their product not being let in due to trademarks...they could have taken them off like they did with the other gas pistols and AEG's.

Even after all that rant. I am still about 1 week away from getting mine. Oh well...wait wait wait...

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Why would LEOs have anything to do with ###### Umarex trademarks? Umarex trademarks always suck *albatross*, the KWA MP7 is no exception.

EDIT: For what it's worth, my KSC MP7 is still going strong, nearly 4,000 rounds already.

Edited by Connery

the information I posted is all fully readable on KWA USA's own forums. You can go and tell them there that they're lying if you like...so far, everything they've said about the MP7 that was being rubbished here (about the cylinder) has not been disproved, and that's in a place with far more customers and far higher temperatures for it to be tested in.

Edited by galactica

Personally, I don't mind trademarks unless it's something that I really like. Only reason I'm a miffed about this is that they're trying to justify something they have absolutely no control over. All they have to say is 'Umarex told us we had to make it like this or we couldn't make it at all' and just leave it at that. Instead, they're trying to talk about how law enforcement is requiring something as minute as trademarks for training purposes. If they were truly that stuck up about marking their training rifles, they'd do something to mark it as not being a firearm, something like making the muzzle blaze orange.

Personally, I don't mind trademarks unless it's something that I really like. Only reason I'm a miffed about this is that they're trying to justify something they have absolutely no control over. All they have to say is 'Umarex told us we had to make it like this or we couldn't make it at all' and just leave it at that. Instead, they're trying to talk about how law enforcement is requiring something as minute as trademarks for training purposes. If they were truly that stuck up about marking their training rifles, they'd do something to mark it as not being a firearm, something like making the muzzle blaze orange.

Thats what I have been trying to say. LoL.

Personally, I prefer trademarks. I would rather have no trademarks than logos of the manufacturers on the gun. If push comes to shove, I'll get the gun I want anyway...

Connery....I noticed you have a power edge banner. Is that poweredge hawaii?

Yeah, I help out to spread the word about them as much as I can.

Cool deal dude. I <3 Power Edge USA. There were some issues with the order I placed last Sunday. They told me they can't sell me one because my billing address was different to my shipping address. *shrugs*

Called my bank, had my billing address changed so now its the same as my shipping address.

Placed an order today for a KWA MP7A1 GBB along with 3 spare 40rd magazines.

------------

On a side note...

I busted out my old school Blackhawk MP5 Hip Pouch and went to Airsoft Extreme with it. I checked out the MP7 magazine they had off of the gun and stuck it into the hip pouch....fits nicely!

I did have to adjust the flap and made iit higher so the button clicks in place (the flap also has a valcro backing) Bottom line...the magazine fits with normal adjustment :P

For those wondering what the hip pouch looks like...its this particular item:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/648018005701.html

bh_magpouch_mp5_hip.jpg

Notice how the MP5 magazines are lose. It works great with the wider MP7 magazine :P

Hey All

I finally received my KWA MP7

I must say I thought the recoil would be much stronger but oh well I am not looking for recoil anyway, I like how its very solid and strong

On a side note I read somewhere that KWA was suppose to have a stronger nozzle is that true or heresay? It says made in Taiwan which I am assuming there probably is no stronger nozzle just the normal KSC one. But I like running Propane as the power output is much more satisfying.

Any of you KWA MP7 owners have a update on your gun such as if your nozzle broke yet as that seems to be the only thing that will eventually break after constant Propane use. (Green Gas is Propane, just with silicon oil in the can for those who do not know)

Edited by cbcsteve

they're all made in taiwan, KSC or KWA, doesn't matter. However, KWA say their branded model is higher specced for propane and so far, no-one has disproven that by breaking their cylinder and reporting it here or on the KWA forums. So far, so good. Mine arrives tomorrow, and I shall be comparing and contrasting with my KSC :)