Cool deal dude. I <3 Power Edge USA. There were some issues with the order I placed last Sunday. They told me they can't sell me one because my billing address was different to my shipping address. *shrugs*

Called my bank, had my billing address changed so now its the same as my shipping address.

Placed an order today for a KWA MP7A1 GBB along with 3 spare 40rd magazines.

Damn, sounds like a hassle. But it's their policy, I remember it being like that when they had their old site. At least now you can join the Gas MP7 brotherhood! :D

On a side note...

I busted out my old school Blackhawk MP5 Hip Pouch and went to Airsoft Extreme with it. I checked out the MP7 magazine they had off of the gun and stuck it into the hip pouch....fits nicely!

I did have to adjust the flap and made iit higher so the button clicks in place (the flap also has a valcro backing) Bottom line...the magazine fits with normal adjustment :P

For those wondering what the hip pouch looks like...its this particular item:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/648018005701.html

Notice how the MP5 magazines are lose. It works great with the wider MP7 magazine :P

:o Why does Blackhawk have to discontinue all the cool *suitcase*? :(

EDIT: Picture in quote

Edited by Connery
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could still get these BHI MP5 hip pouches from online retailers.

Poweredge USA just shipped my KWA MP7 with the 3 spare magazines today. Supposedly, it will be in my hands by the 28th....6 more days....lol

1208_detail.jpg

another rig that would probably fit mp7 mags...

i just thought about that just a few minutes ago....there is an army navy store around here that has them in stock...but i am flying out east in 6 hours so i cant verify it :(

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

And lo, I just got the acetone out. The Umarex copyright notice will disappear - but so will some of the finish of the surface. Yikes! well, it's not too bad...but just to let you all know. It just looks really care-worn in that area already.

And the big news is....in the news forum. Someone's made a new loading nozzle. It's white, and supposedly can handle all the way up to red gas. I've made contact and hope to get one or two soon.

Edited by galactica

I got today an mp7 taiwan version from RA-Tech. 430 fps first shots, 390 amazingly stable fps the remaining 36. Really nice precise singles, but turns into a bb spitter on auto. I suppose letting it spit factory silicon oil and breaking in the hop rubber will make it a better full auto gun.

Nozzle is not marked "mp7" like the japan version, feels solid, the kind of plastic/resin used on high quality AEG nozzles. I´m now trying to sort some summer gas or r134a refrigeration gas to take it to 350 fps and stay on my camp regulations.

Edited by Kretschmer

Maybe 24 to 27 celsius, 74 to 78 Fahrenheit for some. Nice warm weather. Must say 430 fps were just the first 3 shoots, it stabilizes quickly and surprisingly at around 400 fps. I got the same readings on a few consecutive shots, discarding decimals. It sure does a great job at gas handling.

Should try that shouldering thing, I´m too used to my TM Mp7 ergonomics, so maybe my shooting stance was just too casual for a recoiling gun. I also must let the hop rubber break in, after perfect, straight single shots, it loses some hop effect on full auto.

how long does it take to break in the hop rubber?

I personally don't like how one click up and .25g BBs sail high. One click back and it doesnt have as much hop. You can't exactly fine tune the hop setting like the Marui GBB's. Also, Marui hop is still superior to everything else out in the market.

The KWA MP7 is good enough. But it could be better.

The shots are much like the KWA GBB series...they shoot out to a distance, but do not shoot as consistent as TM stuff.

Out of context, that is just soooo funny. ;)

But so naked a truth :D , when you get used for a long time to a Marui Mp7 as primary just for the love of it, you just forget about those things. You get no byproducts, just magically spewed bbs to the front...

Don´t get me wrong, I´m used to 9mm real steel and "recoiling" marui sopmod handling, ergonomics and "that shouldering thing", but an mp7 is so compact and lightweight you start to wield it two handed at an inch off your face, one-handed while running or climbing and the folding stock becomes only a convenient weight not to lose the gun`s center of gravity ;) With the gas one, every gun part now makes more sense.

I disassembled, cleaned and relubed mine, hop up consistency is a bit better now. Break in could mean 300 to 500 rounds, depending on muzzle speed. The hop rubber material could be better, bucking is the same rubber KSC uses for all pistol hops. Not bad, but slow to warm and also nowhere near as good TM hop rubber. I hope we see some aftermarket buckings for this gun and of course, a tightbore. Relying on single shots , the gun is very precise and skirmishable out of the box, with small burst being chest-accurate until 30 meters/90 feet . With a tightbore and an aftermarket hop, It can be a real killer at any range for a recoiling gas gun.

Mine is also a Taiwan version, too hot to play for our regulations as of now. I could bet changing the taiwan "rocket valve" for a japanese original, can instantly lower fps to 330-350. Less gas oomph mean less sudden pressure and oil spraying on bbs, which will probably make shots still more accurate, as most people around here with a japanese Mp7 speak of nice groupings. All these small (and mostly cheap) tweaks taken into account, the gun could be a serious primary with some work.

Edited by Kretschmer
But so naked a truth :D , when you get used for a long time to a Marui Mp7 as primary just for the love of it, you just forget about those things. You get no byproducts, just magically spewed bbs to the front...

Don´t get me wrong, I´m used to 9mm real steel and "recoiling" marui sopmod handling, ergonomics and "that shouldering thing", but an mp7 is so compact and lightweight you start to wield it two handed at an inch off your face, one-handed while running or climbing and the folding stock becomes only a convenient weight not to lose the gun`s center of gravity ;) With the gas one, every gun part now makes more sense.

I disassembled, cleaned and relubed mine, hop up consistency is a bit better now. Break in could mean 300 to 500 rounds, depending on muzzle speed. The hop rubber material could be better, bucking is the same rubber KSC uses for all pistol hops. Not bad, but slow to warm and also nowhere near as good TM hop rubber. I hope we see some aftermarket buckings for this gun and of course, a tightbore. Relying on single shots , the gun is very precise and skirmishable out of the box, with small burst being chest-accurate until 30 meters/90 feet . With a tightbore and an aftermarket hop, It can be a real killer at any range for a recoiling gas gun.

Mine is also a Taiwan version, too hot to play for our regulations as of now. I could bet changing the taiwan "rocket valve" for a japanese original, can instantly lower fps to 330-350. Less gas oomph mean less sudden pressure and oil spraying on bbs, which will probably make shots still more accurate, as most people around here with a japanese Mp7 speak of nice groupings. All these small (and mostly cheap) tweaks taken into account, the gun could be a serious primary with some work.

Whats the japanese rocket valve look like? Mine looks like a "peg". On the manual, it looks like a Glock type rocket valve.

Kinda sucks that the gun requires tweaking to be made more accurate. TM GBB pistols do not need a new ho bucking, a tightbore barrel, or anything else...they just shoot super straight and super far out of the box. IMO, that's the standard to be matched. Unfortunately, KSC/KWA still hasn't developed a better hop bucking/ hop up system. They keep coming out with new blowback systems but not hop systems.