Kinda sucks that the gun requires tweaking to be made more accurate. TM GBB pistols do not need a new ho bucking, a tightbore barrel, or anything else...they just shoot super straight and super far out of the box. IMO, that's the standard to be matched. Unfortunately, KSC/KWA still hasn't developed a better hop bucking/ hop up system. They keep coming out with new blowback systems but not hop systems.

Let's just get one thing straight. The MP7 is very, very accurate. Read greg's review at the top of this thread. it is totally, utterly, different to the regular old KSC/KWA pistol hops. Totally. It's as accurate as any out-of-the-box AEG. With my real steel EoTech on it, I can shoot to 50m and keep the BB inside the MOA circle. I have hopped mine in with madbull .25s and it flies straight. I also have a new TM 5/7, their most powerful gun to date, and very accurate, and the MP7 betters it for accuracy.

I hope you are reassured.

I want a tightbore for my 5/7 and I want one for my MP7s, but that's about it. I think the hop will be just fine.

SilentTank, novatcombat have been selling silencer adaptors for months. I have one. It works. It has been mentioned in this thread.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one that i have put through several hundred rounds with. Compared to my KJ M4, accuracy isn't impresive at 150 feet. The KJ M4 has a 245mm inner barrel (1 inch longer than the MP7).

The gun works well. But like I said. I am personally not impressed with the guns accuracy at longer distances. The BBs that have been shot through the gun has not had the same accuracy and precision as the TM pistols I have (Desert Warrior, Glock 17, Desert Eagle) and I have owned (M9, Tactical Master, 1911A1, MEU, Glock 17 Advance, Glock 26, Detonics, Hi-Capa 5.1, Hi-Capa 4.3, MK23). I have also had experience with the KSC Glock 17, 19, 26, 26C, 18C, 23, 23F, M945, M9 Elite, M11. The guns shoot nice, but not as nice as TM in terms of accuracy and precision.

I am merely stating/sharing my personal experience and opinion.

Could someone post a photo of their KWA MP7's rocket valve? I just want to see what theirs look like through the gas inlet of the nozzle.

Thanks in advance.

how long does it take to break in the hop rubber?

I personally don't like how one click up and .25g BBs sail high. One click back and it doesnt have as much hop. You can't exactly fine tune the hop setting like the Marui GBB's. Also, Marui hop is still superior to everything else out in the market.

The KWA MP7 is good enough. But it could be better.

The shots are much like the KWA GBB series...they shoot out to a distance, but do not shoot as consistent as TM stuff.

I have the ksc & the rubber was fine from day one.

The hop was sensitive but set easily. I don't think it had 'clicks', so no, oops too much or not enough.

I found accuracy was better than the latest crop of Marui pistols. I have 3 Marui Glock 17's & a FN 5/7, all of which, are great. The KSC MP7 that I have gives tighter 50m groups than they do. Probably because it is as accurate but a more stable platform: two hands + but stock & a fixed, not floating barrel.

Your gun is definitely not shooting as well as mine or others that I have seen. On semi, I get 12" groups at 50m, 338fps(.2's) using

Guarder .28 hpms. I have seen & used others, all of which achieve the same.

Try a heavier bb, .28 or .3. Like the Marui's, it does very well on these.

Run it over a chrono to check shot to shot consistancy, the blowback unit may need a spot of lube.

Check your barrel & hop are clean, perhaps you have some silicon contaminate?

Greg.

Edited by greg

I have some KSC .30g BBs and Goldenball .32g BBs. I will try those out in a few hours. almost 3am here in the east coast. :P

Greg-

Any chance you could take a photo of the rocket valve on your MP7? Just through the gas inlet of the nozzle if its not too troublesome.

Thanks!

---------------------

I always run a clean barrel/bucking before plinking.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
But so naked a truth :D , when you get used for a long time to a Marui Mp7 as primary just for the love of it, you just forget about those things. You get no byproducts, just magically spewed bbs to the front...

Don´t get me wrong, I´m used to 9mm real steel and "recoiling" marui sopmod handling, ergonomics and "that shouldering thing", but an mp7 is so compact and lightweight you start to wield it two handed at an inch off your face, one-handed while running or climbing and the folding stock becomes only a convenient weight not to lose the gun`s center of gravity ;) With the gas one, every gun part now makes more sense.

So good to hear someone speak so passionately about this little Gem.

It's a bit of a well kept secret in the UK at present.

Those 'in the know', love it but others think it's just another dodgy, unreliable, inaccurate, gbb, like the bulk of the M4-a-like gbb's out there, only smaller. I think the size also puts folk off. They think, small gun = small performance.

How wrong they are. :D

Greg.

Greg-

Any chance you could take a photo of the rocket valve on your MP7? Just through the gas inlet of the nozzle if its not too troublesome.

Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have the facility to do photos.

It looks like a gray/sliver, metal nail about 1/2" long x 1/8" thick.

Greg.

Does anyone know where i can get a hex key for the right selector lever and left bolt release lever? I have one off of the KSC G18C I had years back but want another one just in case.

I already tightened those screws and put a minuscule amount of blue loctite to keep them securely in place so they do not come undone when firing the gun.

Just to say, comparing it to a KJ M4 is a bit like saying "well this BMW M3 is ok, but it's not as fast as this McLaren F1" - the KJ is the result of Tanio Koba's last great design, and unless you've done something to reduce it, is running quite a lot higher FPS than the mp7.

I should be able to take photos of the ksc and kwa rocket valves next Tuesday.

Edited by galactica
Just to say, comparing it to a KJ M4 is a bit like saying "well this BMW M3 is ok, but it's not as fast as this McLaren F1" - the KJ is the result of Tanio Koba's last great design, and unless you've done something to reduce it, is running quite a lot higher FPS than the mp7.

I should be able to take photos of the ksc and kwa rocket valves next Tuesday.

The KJ M4 is indeed another great GBB. Miles away from the bulk of armalite-a-like gbbs on offer.

I would love to do a side by side KSC MP7 vs KJ M4. Just to see exactly how much better it is.

Greg.

Let's just get one thing straight. The MP7 is very, very accurate. Read greg's review at the top of this thread. it is totally, utterly, different to the regular old KSC/KWA pistol hops.

I´m already blaming the 430 fps punch for the not-so-accurate mp7 I have. But I´ve disassembled and compared the hop chamber and bucking, and though I don´t find them lacking, one thing is for real: The hop rubber is exactly as mediocre as the ones on other KSC pistols I own, a pair of USP, old and new system 7 and they are both the same not-so-good rubber. The Hop bucking material has come a long way in quality since the 1990´s solid rubber buckings. The hop chamber and adjustment is reliable and gets the work done, but an aftermarket silicone or high quality rubber would really make this beauty a perfect shooter. Not bad at all for a 10$ upgrade :)

Greg, can you just point out if the rocket valve is part number 27 on page 20 of the manual?

I can order spares from KSC Japan through a friend, so now that I got a Taiwan version rocket valve and supossedly green-gas able, reinforced mp7, I only have to order a japanese version rocket valve to get into my 350 fps limits...

Greg, can you just point out if the rocket valve is part number 27 on page 20 of the manual?

Yes it is.

It is pictured as per the KSC glock series rocket valve, this is black plastic with small fins. Mine (KSC) did not come with that valve. As previously posted, that valve gives approx 400fps(21 degrees C with propane & .2's), where as mine, a silver/gray metal pin, gives around 325.

Greg.

Edited by greg

My KWA MP7 has a plastic peg for a rocket valve instead of the G17 finned type rocket valve.

My piston cup is orange.

Also, notice how on these photos, the piston cup sticks out of the metal chamber...

img_0618vqw8.jpg

bbchambersm.JPG

my piston cup is placed farther back (flush to the metal chamber)...

*photo posted later

what this does is that it allows excess pressure from using propane more room to escape...

--------

I just called up Airsoft Extreme in Sacramento and asked about the KWA MP7 rocket valve. The one that I shot at the store a month ago shot around 380-390 FPS with .20g BBs and green gas.

I asked what the rocket valve of the gun looks like. The person tells me that it looks like a white plastic piece of rod....that's similar to mine.

I had an idea for an FPS adjustment system but those 4 hex screws won't budge. They are all loctited in there. I guess I'll just leave it be for now. Just shoot it with green gas during the cold weather. I leave my can of propane outside anyway so I should be good.

There may be 3 types of rocket valves. Possibly one for each type. The japanese ksc, taiwan ksc, and us kwa

----------------

Here's a photo of my piston cup...notice how its flush to the cut out on the back of the blowback chamber.

DSC00324.jpg

Sorry for the blurry photo. I will upload a clearer one later...

[White peg rocket valve

That looks exactly the same shape as the silver/gray metal one in my KSC. It has the green protruding type cup & the nozzle does not have any markings. It chronos 330 ish, on green with .2's @ 21 degrees C.

What does your gun chrono, with a .2, on green (around 21 degrees C)?

Greg.

Edited by greg

I dont have a chrono at my disposal at the moment. Metal cools down quicker than plastic. It is also heavier. I dont know how long mine is. Perhaps its shorter so as to allow better air flow.

The kwa mp7 gbb test unit at airsoft extreme with a similar setup as mine shoots 380-390 with green gas and .20g bbs. They have a shooting chrony f1 at the shop.

The rocket valve on mine is polished metal and pretty big. And the piston cup is exactly like the orange one in yours Snoopy. By comparison, a rocket valve from a system 7 USP is a lot smaller.

The bigger it is, the more it protrudes and the less gas allows in each shot, isn´t it?

This is a picture from ra-tech of Taiwan version markings. Mine is the same, only 09900144 T.W..

ra_agent_g_ksc_001-d4.jpg

The rest of the gun and some differences, click on the product:

Japanese-Taiwan Ra-tech quick comparison

Also these are my rocket valve and cylinder head, fresh from this evening:

resizeofpict0194.jpg

It is generously big and finned indeed, I wonder how big is the japanese version rocket valve to allow only 330 fps worth of gas... Can you make a pic of one of those? If it´s not significantly bigger, we may assume its not only the rocket valve what´s defining the gun power.

If you need any other pics, just ask.

Edited by Kretschmer

Here's my serial number...

IMG_1476.jpg

It seems like there are 3 different types of MP7's available.

KSC japan - shooting at 330 fps with a metal peg type rocket valve

KSC taiwan - shooting 400+ fps with a metal finned type rocket valve

KWA (usa) - shooting 370+ fps with a plastic peg type rocket valve

Aside from the rocket valve differences, the height of the piston/cu assembly also varies. For the taiwan and usa versions, they are flush to the closest edge on the bottom side of the blowback chamber. The japan version has a sliightly raised piston/cup assembly. The Taiwan and USA versions of the guns have unique serial numbers. Taiwan mp7's have the last two characters on the serial numbers as TW whereas US mp7's have the last two characters as US.

------

Looking into the chamber, I noticed that I had white residue on the feed ramp. I am thinking these residue came from the bb's being chambered.

IMG_1477.jpg

It might be a wise thing to keep q-tips on hand to do some occasional maintenance on the MP7 unless you want to keep increasing the likelihood of your gun jamming while in a fire fight.