embly also varies. For the taiwan and usa versions, they are flush to the closest edge on the bottom side of the blowback chamber. The japan version has a sliightly raised piston/cup assembly. The Taiwan and USA versions of the guns have unique serial numbers. Taiwan mp7's have the last two characters on the serial numbers as TW whereas US mp7's have the last two characters as US.

Then I need to get my hands on both a japanese piston cup assy and a jap rocket valve... Maybe someone could photo those two parts from a japanese KSC?

I bought my taiwan version from RA-Tech TwinTurbo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in from KWA USA:

>>>

We have received a couple reports on MP7 Bolt Catch fail to lock when magazine is empty.

The problem is due to damaging the BB Follower by continuously slamming/springing the BB Follower when magazine is empty.

>>>

So, don't be doing that then.

Terrific performance from my KWA US this weekend in the chilly countryside. Just marvellous. Warfighter nozzle goes in the KSC on Tuesday, and there shall be pics.

You also have a KSC Galactica, can we have some cilinder/piston and rocket valve pics, to compare them with the KWA and KSC taiwan, so we can get the full picture? Thanks in advance.

I´ve also ordered a readyfighter white cylinder, just in case.

Edited by Kretschmer

I have read so many different points and watched so many vids I'm confused if I have made the right choice mine should arrive tomorrow I got it from ehobby and it's the KSC Japan version I think I have also got the reinforced piston arriving tomorrow but what about the bolt as I now also understand this is plastic on mine but metal on the less expensive kwa????!!!

Edited by 1st_shooter

To remind readers, I have the KSC Japan version (330fps). Running on green the nozzle failed after about 2000 shots.

I fitted the Ready fighter Nozzle & skirmished it this weekend.

Did around 1000 rnds. about 70% semi. The rest was full auto bursts, between 3 & 20 bb's.

Performance was as per the original.

All seems fine so far. Fingers crossed.

Greg.

Edited by greg
To remind readers, I have the KSC Japan version (330fps). Running on green the nozzle failed after about 2000 shots.

I fitted the Ready fighter Nozzle & skirmished it this weekend.

Did around 1000 rnds. about 70% semi. The rest was full auto bursts, between 3 & 20 bb's.

Performance was as per the original.

All seems fine so far. Fingers crossed.

Greg.

Can't wait to hear more long term reports on the Readyfighter nozzles.

My friend's MP7 had its broken nozzle replaced with the KSC one and it broke again over the weekend in a game. I assume after less than 1000 rounds only between nozzle changes.

I think I will stick to HFC134a for the time being seeing as how with the hot weather here, the pressure with GG is much higher.

Edited by jesTer

Got both my MP7 and Nozzle today :D its amazing, feel soooooo nice and realistic i dont want to fire it that much in case i break it, its soooo loud on green gas coming out around 340/350 fps with a ROF recorded at 1150rpm :D I havent got a small enough allen key for the little bolts so i shall install that tomorrow after i get one.

Tried javelin .25g BBs, Toytec .25g BBs, Airsoft Elite .25g Bs.

FPS with .20g BBs was around 370. Its cooler now so it should be around 350.

Hop is either too much or not quite there for any of those BBs. My backyard is about 150' X 300', I can really only make it half way using .25g BBs with the hop set (1 click before it over hops).

I am personally not as impressed with the gun as I though I would be based on the readings I have done. It's an adequate weapon for skirmishing. Nothing special IMO except for the cool factor.

Shooting wise, I think I would have gotten this type of performance off of a KWA M11 NS2.

I had the expectation that it would match Marui GBB's (and maybe even the KJW M4 GBB) in terms of shooting range and consistency but it just falls short of my standards. I've been spoiled by Marui AEG/ GBB range and accuracy. Thats the standard I hold it up against and its not quite there.

bought the gun brand new...

i have some double feeding issues as well...doesnt happen much but it does happen

reminded me of my KSC M11. It would double feed on excel bbs but shot fine with zero double feeds using airsoft elite bbs...

on 40 rounds, i probably double feed 5 times

all my other 3 spare magazines are brand new...a little irked...

this one definitely gets sold before anything else....

bought the gun brand new...

i have some double feeding issues as well...doesnt happen much but it does happen

reminded me of my KSC M11. It would double feed on excel bbs but shot fine with zero double feeds using airsoft elite bbs...

on 40 rounds, i probably double feed 5 times

all my other 3 spare magazines are brand new...a little irked...

this one definitely gets sold before anything else....

I can only give you the same info I did back in post #479.

The accuracy & now double feeding does not sound good. No one else is reporting this as acceptable out of the box performance.

Send it back, get another.

Greg.

I just emptied 6 magazines.

1 magazine with KSC .30g BBs= 0 double feeds

5 magazines with Airsoft Elite .25g BBs= 1 double feed

-------------------------------

240 rounds spent...one double feed. Odd.

I've shoved about 3k through mine (guarder .28 hpms) not a single, 'double' or 'miss' feed.

Greg.

Fitted my nozzle today followed the guide as listed in the Nozzle news thread it all look perfect. Put it back together and light her up after a few shots it jammed, scripped it down and the spring have *fruitcage*ed they are all chopped up they must of slipped off the nozzle. Can you get these as spare parts? I have left the nozzle in without springs and it works great no problems with feeding or firing, the nozzle just stays forward when the last round is fired tiz all. Is that all the springs do keep the nozzle back? Why is that? Is it to help feeding?

Emptied a mag on semi with AE .25g BBs. Used propane and it double fed 3 times on a 40 round shot.

I emptied another mag on semi with AE .25g BBs. Used duster gas and it did NOT double feed.

I will be doing more tests using duster gas to see if the double feeding could be attributed to the cyclic rate of the bolt.

so this afternoon, Greg very kindly changed my nozzle/cylinder for me to the Warfighter one, as I have useless sausage fingers.

We examined the bolt of the KSC Japan and the KWA USA models. There was no difference in the housing, both the same metal.

The new nozzle fit the cylinder of my KSC better than it did Gregs, but interestingly the guide fin on the top didn't sit in its runner correctly, we had to file out some space in the runner. This was not true of Greg's bolt. Interesting that the tolerances should be so far out between batch 1 (greg's) and batch 2 (mine).

The cylinder cup is indeed further back in the KWA bolt than the KSC, supposedly allowing a higher cylinder volume - for expected green gas use rather than 134a i'm going to guess?

The rocket valve is an aluminium peg in the KSC Japan, and a white plastic one as previously seen in the KWA USA.

Here is the KSC japan rocket valve on the left, with a KSC Glock 34 rocket valve next to it. We didn't remove the KWA valve.

rocketvalves.jpg

Other than the KSC .30g BBs, I was most successful in reducing the occurance of double feeding with AE .25g BBs than any other BB's I have (Javelin, Toytec, Excel)

With use of duster gas, those bb's fed fine in my gun. As far as the flight trajectory, the KWA MP7 I have either has too much, or not quite there depending on the BB's I am using.

With duster, I get the best results using Toytec .25g BBs. I am sure the FPS dropped significantly but it does get the BB's sailing (and not dropping at 150 feet).

Key with the range and precision relies on the BB you run through the gun (at least on mine) seeing as the hop can not be fine tuned manually...its either too much, or not quite there.