• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rocket valve is an aluminium peg in the KSC Japan, and a white plastic one as previously seen in the KWA USA.

rocketvalves.jpg

Talk about difference... This is the KSC Taiwan Version next to its cylinder:

resizeofpict0194.jpg

Key with the range and precision relies on the BB you run through the gun (at least on mine) seeing as the hop can not be fine tuned manually...its either too much, or not quite there.

Mine takes a full two magazines for the hop rubber to warm at 25 ºC. That takes most inconsistencies and the ocasional full-auto strayers out. I´ve also experienced a couple double feedings on my 1k shooting, but I won´t say that´s out of the ordinary. It works nicely with madbull 0,28 and excel 0,25.

Anyone no where I can Get spare springs?

At the moment you´ll have to try and sort the parts from KSC Japan through some friend. Those springs are part number 24 for the MP7.

IMG_1496.jpg

I just got me some TSD .28g and Javelin .20g BBs on the way. Hopefully the Javelin .20g are large enough a diameter so as to prevent double feeding with green gas. If it doesn't, then at least I get quicker BB's for CQB using duster gas. Keeping my fingers crossed that they do not double feed any.

Emptied a mag on semi with AE .25g BBs. Used propane and it double fed 3 times on a 40 round shot.

I emptied another mag on semi with AE .25g BBs. Used duster gas and it did NOT double feed.

I will be doing more tests using duster gas to see if the double feeding could be attributed to the cyclic rate of the bolt.

Do you think it might be down to the bb's?

If not, why can't you send the gun back & try another?

Greg.

Edited by greg

Small FPS update concerning the different versions. After the new nozzle and a thorough re-lube yesterday, the barrels & hops needed a bit of a clear-out. After that, this is the result:

Room temperature. 0.25 BBs calculated up for 0.20 equivalent. Averages over 10 shots, midway through a mag's gas capacity.

KSC Japan 320 fps.

KWA USA 365 fps.

Clearly the nylon-looking white rocket valve and possibly the cylinder volume from cup position is the difference between the two.

On the topic of BBs, I've had issue in MP7 with the Velocity Arms .25s, which according to my supplier is the same as KSC .25s. I've also had problem with AE.25s in various other guns I've owned. I've had 0 issues with all my guns with BB *bramston pickle*(also nice that its Canadian...lol), and I primarily uses their .25s.

I am temperarily on a hiatus with this gun right now and working primarily on my M4, I want to see a bit more info on the new aftermarket nozzle and if KWA one becomes available as a part to see what I want to change my KSC Japan one to. The nozzle swap seems complicated though...

I went today to try more than 5 different bb brands and weights and my conclusion is that bb weight REALLY makes the difference. With 0,20s my 430 fps gun is not accurate and sprays too much on auto. This tendency betters with 0,25 and with bioval 0,27, some of the most perfect bbs ever made, it turns out a real stable sniping platform, every bb consistently hitting at a reasonable range.

I think Japanese versions are so accurate and reliable because 320 fps is a perfect exit speed for 0,20s. Taiwan versions and KWAs let too much gas ooomph behind the bb, so it needs to be necesarily heavier to maintain shot stability . Making my taiwan version 330 fps through the use of heavier bs takes away all inconsistencies and gets me an accurate gun, on par with a Marui 5.7 and a system 7 USP .45 I also own, as Galactica said earlier.

Maybe that´s the problem you´re experiencing Snoopy, find some nice quality bb´s in the appropriate weight to go?

I´m also suspecting my taiwan version may have a harder hop rubber...

I don't think there's anything physically/mechanically wrong with the gun. Everything is structurally sound.

I have put another 240 rounds through it today. Only one double feed. None with Airsoft Elite .25g BBs, None with Javelin .25g BBs. One with Toytec .25g BBs. I was also using propane.

With regard to the hop, I think it is starting to settle in as my shots are getting to be more consistent. I'm starting to like it more and more. I have probably put just under 1000 rounds through my gun. I will keep plinking with it and decide how much I like it. As of the moment I'm leaning over the "I think I'll keep it for a while" and not the "I think I'll sell it soon" side of the scale.

We still do not have a photo of the KWA white nylon rocket valve. I would take a picture of mine but it seems like its loctited in there pretty good. I was only able to unscrew one of the 4 hex screws. The other 3 seems like they loctited it pretty well.

in case you haven't seeen it yet, loading nozzle at ehobbyasia

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/pa...or-ksc-mp7.html

The 'Ready fighter', mentioned in Galacticas post #456.

I've got one in mine. Performance is per the original. As yet, I have put about 1000rnds on green. Hardly conclusive but promising so far, as the originals are lucky to see a few hundred rounds. ;)

Greg.

well well, looky here:

clever ol' RA TECH. An adjustable rocket valve. Adjustable through the barrel. Very clever guys. It also looks like they've modded their bolt to provide easy access to the springs on the nozzle, and replaced the allen bolts with screws.

A Readyfighter nozzle is still needed by KSC owners, but with one of these in there, you have a gun for all occasions! Marvellous.

well well, looky here:

clever ol' RA TECH. An adjustable rocket valve. Adjustable through the barrel. Very clever guys. It also looks like they've modded their bolt to provide easy access to the springs on the nozzle, and replaced the allen bolts with screws.

A Readyfighter nozzle is still needed by KSC owners, but with one of these in there, you have a gun for all occasions! Marvellous.

PM'd, def want one, but I am concerned about shot to shot consistency.

I hope it doesn't wander. No one wants to get chucked off a site because the fps drifts up, or be out ranged at a 350fps event, finding the power has dropped to 270!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg.

For the record, do any of us Mp7 owners have a magical way to load magazines, so they get loaded reasonably quick and with no misaligned bbs that would make the gun stop? I know it´s nice now and then to have some misfire, check chamber, recock and go again, but I´m fearing the time when I have to fill ten magazines by hand...

I use speed loaders and auto winding loaders for most guns, but they don´t seem to catch right with these mags... Even the old rod-loader would be nicer ;)

For the record, do any of us Mp7 owners have a magical way to load magazines, so they get loaded reasonably quick and with no misaligned bbs that would make the gun stop? I know it´s nice now and then to have some misfire, check chamber, recock and go again, but I´m fearing the time when I have to fill ten magazines by hand...

I use speed loaders and auto winding loaders for most guns, but they don´t seem to catch right with these mags... Even the old rod-loader would be nicer ;)

the only way i can get it 100% every time is with my hands lol speed loader is not to bad though!