• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, do any of us Mp7 owners have a magical way to load magazines, so they get loaded reasonably quick and with no misaligned bbs that would make the gun stop? I know it´s nice now and then to have some misfire, check chamber, recock and go again, but I´m fearing the time when I have to fill ten magazines by hand...

I use speed loaders and auto winding loaders for most guns, but they don´t seem to catch right with these mags... Even the old rod-loader would be nicer ;)

What I do is I push down the BB follower till it clicks in place at the bottom of the mag. Then I simply use a speedloader to put the BBs in. They drop in easily after that. Just remember to disengage the BB follower (if needed) after you're done though.

Edited by jesTer

:lol: I can comfortably carry a ridiculous 18 mp7 long mags on my rig, but I don´t have the ridiculous amount of money to buy them :P

We usually go for breakfast before matches, so we end up arriving a bit late which means any help to quickly fill mags is appreciated... I´ll buy more mags, ok :D

The 'Ready fighter', mentioned in Galacticas post #456.

I've got one in mine. Performance is per the original. As yet, I have put about 1000rnds on green. Hardly conclusive but promising so far, as the originals are lucky to see a few hundred rounds. ;)

Greg.

2000 rnds now, still no probs.

Greg.

:lol: I can comfortably carry a ridiculous 18 mp7 long mags on my rig, but I don´t have the ridiculous amount of money to buy them :P

We usually go for breakfast before matches, so we end up arriving a bit late which means any help to quickly fill mags is appreciated... I´ll buy more mags, ok :D

geeze thats only $900 usd!!!

Installed new KSC nozzle last night. Today tested out on 134a. Less than 40 rounds and this is what I get:

part24.jpg

Mangled part 24. :wacko: The other spring was about to go out of shape before the whole gun stopped working. Geez... one thing after another. From a usually reliable KSC-branded gun no less.... my gun has seen less than 300 rounds fired in total.

Edited by jesTer
Installed new KSC nozzle last night. Today tested out on 134a. Less than 40 rounds and this is what I get:

Mangled part 24. :wacko: The other spring was about to go out of shape before the whole gun stopped working. Geez... one thing after another. From a usually reliable KSC-branded gun no less.... my gun has seen less than 300 rounds fired in total.

I can feel your pain but you can't blame the gun or KSC, for the installation you did. :(

Next time make sure the springs are on securely.

Greg.

Edited by greg
I can feel your pain but you can't blame the gun or KSC, for the installation you did. :(

Next time make sure the springs are on securely.

Greg.

True. But I did triple check it before screwing everything together. After that I made sure one more time everything is in place. Still doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't have had this problem in the first place if the nozzle didn't crack...

Another 2 week wait before I give it another go. Not giving up yet! Great gun. Shame about the reliability so far...

Edited by jesTer
True. But I did triple check it before screwing everything together. After that I made sure one more time everything is in place. Still doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't have had this problem in the first place if the nozzle didn't crack...

Another 2 week wait before I give it another go. Not giving up yet! Great gun. Shame about the reliability so far...

You are right of course, KSC should have issued a no green gas warning.

It is now apparent that their nozzles wont last long with it.

Get a readyfighter one. ;)

Greg.

So the tread roles one... ;)

I had my KSC version out for a game for the first time, after getting the Ready Fighter nozzle.

This were the day were my AEG court fire, burned 3 control circuits, and were a mess..

But in the chill of impending winter, with 5C in the morning creping to 8C during the day, the KSC Mp7 saved my day.

So: Thank You, Ready Fighter.

dsc02233kr.jpg

As I do have the first, Japanese version, I do have the metal "peg" style rocket valve, and 1J is a bit low for danish standards, but I had fun, made some nice kills, and the gun were a blast.

I have tried to use a USP.45 System 7 Rocket Valve, and got 1.55J using 0.32g.

Perfect for Danish conditions but the valve brakes...

The Rod part fly out the barrel, hand the disk part rattles around ind the cylinder.

A thought.

I have just read through the thread and think I have an idea on why we (KSC owners) brake cylinders, and the KWA dont.

By shortening the base for the "Cub" seal in the cylinder, the power from the gas, as the rocket valve slams the cylinder shut, affects a larger area of the cylinder.

This gives the cylinder material a better chance to flex a bit, as it happens over a larger area.

All the images I have seen (and all the cylinders I have broken my self) shows that the fractures starts at the wary top og the cylinder. Just above the "cub".

As low power gas, might have problems producing enough momentum to send the bot all the way back, the long base for the "Cub", secures that the gas push on the Bolt as long as possible.

The power in GreenGas is high enough to send the bolt back. So by shorting the base, the stress on the system as the bolt slams back, is also reused.

So.

The "Japan or KSC Version" is made for HFC 134a Low Power gas firing below 300pfs.

The "Taiwan or KWA Version" is made for Green Gas, shooting 1½J

Now I sit back with the feeling, that I got fooled.

All the promotion material about KSC Mp7A1 promised that the up coming gun would work GreenGas.

As KSC/KWA made 2 different versions, they must have known that that the Low Pressure version would not take High Pressure gas.

So... how to I get the short base for the cub-seal ? As I fear that I might be damaging my gun by using GreenGas on my KSC.

Another Issue. Just with my gun.

After changing to the RF cylinder, the gun have started displaying a strange behavior.

The Full Auto fire is uneven, jittery...

It is not bad, but it is there.

Do I fire the gun, without BB, it runs smooth.

Also, it is only with the large 40 round magazines.

Using the small 20 rounds magazines, the gun shoot like clockwork.

Now I wonder... where is the difference in feeding from the small magazine to the large.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. :)

The gun is clean and lubed.

One small issue though, one of my cylinder springs have broken, but I have new RF springs in the mail.

Does anyone feel sad that KWA (a mostly American company) sells their gun for less elsewhere? :((

err.....mostly american?

More research required I think.

As KWA-USA still try to confuse us, lets just ones again point out that KSC is an Japanese design firm, that owns a part of the Taiwanese production firm KWA.

The KWA factory is the place most KSC guns is made today.

Weapons made for the EU and US marked is sold under the KWA name, but all new models is released first i Japan by KSC.

KWA-USA is just the US distributor of KWA guns. They don't produce any guns themselves.

(But they like to make people think that they are the designers of weapons and/or owners of the KWA factory)

The version sold as "Umarex" is also just the KWA version.

Do note that if you buy a German "Umarex" Mp7, it is going to be Semi-Auto only. (due to German law)

Edited by Duckling
As I do have the first, Japanese version, I do have the metal "peg" style rocket valve, and 1J is a bit low for danish standards, but I had fun, made some nice kills, and the gun were a blast.

I have tried to use a USP.45 System 7 Rocket Valve, and got 1.55J using 0.32g.

Perfect for Danish conditions but the valve brakes...

The Rod part fly out the barrel, hand the disk part rattles around ind the cylinder.

The "Japan or KSC Version" is made for HFC 134a Low Power gas firing below 300pfs.

The "Taiwan or KWA Version" is made for Green Gas, shooting 1½J

I´ve had the taiwan version for two weeks and research and comparison has shown that it has a special 430 fps rocket valve (different from KWA), an "mp7" marked cylinder exactly like the KWA and no "HK" magazine baseplate (again, like the KWA).

resizeofpict0194.jpg

In other words, except for the mags, and we can surely get marked baseplates sooner or later, I got a well trademarked KSC with KWA internals on a KSC box... Thats what KWA sells, KSC made guns with a few parts changed. But getting out too soon a 430 fps taiwan version would hurt KWA sales, I bet that´s why we are seeing so few of the taiwan versions and no mags anywhere. Also, some shops told me there´s supossedly some copyright problem with taiwan version mags, so most of them are still in the warehouse.

My gun has been through 800 bbs on green gas and no signs of wear or problems of any kind, my only complaint is it shoots too hot for 0,20s, it´s only accurate with 0,27 or heavyer. I also got a readyfighter nozzle, but I think am getting a taiwan version spare nozzle to prevent these misfeedings. This week am getting RA-tech´s NPAS, so I expect to solve the power/accuracy issues.

Edited by Kretschmer
Another forum user has exactly the same problem & also has one broken spring.

Please let us know if replacing this spring, fixes the problem.

Greg.

I think there's also another user besides me. Mine won't even cycle anymore with the one remaining spring. I'm also waiting for the RF nozzle and replacement springs to arrive. :)

Edited by jesTer
my only complaint is it shoots too hot for 0,20s, it´s only accurate with 0,27 or heavyer.

This is not what i'd call a problem - 0.20s are really only useful indoors for sub 1J guns, or perhaps in a SAW. And chronoing. If you're running something capable of 430fps, you really, really want to be using heavier ammo. You can do great things indeed.

This is not what i'd call a problem - 0.20s are really only useful indoors for sub 1J guns, or perhaps in a SAW. And chronoing. If you're running something capable of 430fps, you really, really want to be using heavier ammo. You can do great things indeed.

You´re definitely right, but my field limit for auto guns is 350 fps ;), so by now I´ve only got a 430 fps capable really nice model gun unless I can reliably downgrade it.

But it´s a very promising model gun, with 0,27 and 0,28 its really really accurate, on par with a system 7 USP and my TM 5.7. And that´s a lot for a gas gun...

I have a brand new KSC (Japan) version of the Mp7...

I have also installed the RF nozzle and BOTH of my springs are mangled now!!!

They both have come off of the nozzle & jammed up around the piston head.

The gun performed fine on semi for the first 10 rounds but when I switched to full auto she sounded terrible...and then she quit!

If anyone tells me I installed the springs incorrectly look out...

Where are you guys getting the replacement springs?