• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed my feeding problem, it seems. :)

After doing a bit of trail and error, i found that the grove in Part #34 did offer a bit off resistance to the nozzle/cylinder as this moved through.

A slight work with a fine needle file, just around the edges, made this go away, and the noticeable uneven firing from the larger magazines have all but vanished.

After this, I tried measuring the difference, and yes... the Ready Fighter part is slightly wider.

So, as you install the Ready Fighter Part #24 reinforced Cylinder, you need to see if the new nozzle moves smoothly through the grove in part #34.

If not this might be the cause of uneven Full Auto fire.

Fix it by carefully make the grove a fraction wider, and soothe the edges. Take care not to over do it.

its the nozzels they slip off really easily i would cut a notch in the arms and i also put a dab of superglue on mine and its holding great.

Hmmm... I think that's a good idea. BTW, you got your replacement springs from Readyfighter correct? Are they stronger or different in any way to the stock ones?

As Galactica say true, test if Part #34 + the RF cylinder causes friction.

I think the problem is not the RF part, but light inconsistency in the cast KSC/KWA parts.

I did approx 15 magazines of tests this morning.

And found the reason for the uneven firing.

The problem that happens, that brakes up the stream of shots, is this.

The Nozzle/Cylinder do not get back to base of the bolt, due to friction, lost springs or other.

Then the Nozzle chambers a new BB.

As the nozzle is forward, a BB chambert, the HopUp unit seals the nozzle, also as the cylinder unit is at the same time i contact with the magazine, creating a seal.

There by that air trapped inside the cylinder, is compressed as the bolt moves forward.

This trapped air slow the bolt.

If the pressure inside cylinder gets to high, the BB might be pushed out of the HopUp unit into the Barrel. The notion of this happens were what let me to the realization.

So.

To get perfectly even full auto shooting, the nozzle/cylinder have to be moving without hinder, and the cylinder springs have to be able to get the cylinder back into the bolt, before the bolt starts to move forward again.

I did notice that the RF nozzle wanted to stick when it loads the bb into the hop up...could it be that the springs are not strong enough to pull it back into the bolt?

The gun worked fine out of the box before having a broken nozzle right? if so, then the springs tension is fine. Its the new part that has issues.

The gun worked fine out of the box before having a broken nozzle right? if so, then the springs tension is fine. Its the new part that has issues.

it's actually the part #34 that has the issues, the guns were produced in different batches with different nozzles and there are three different variations that we know of. The ReadyFighter part is, to the best of anyone's knowledge, from one production run. It needs grooves cutting for the springs to sit in. My KSC Japan model needed #34 widening to take the RF part, Greg's did not.

As KWA-USA still try to confuse us, lets just ones again point out that KSC is an Japanese design firm, that owns a part of the Taiwanese production firm KWA.

The KWA factory is the place most KSC guns is made today.

Weapons made for the EU and US marked is sold under the KWA name, but all new models is released first i Japan by KSC.

KWA-USA is just the US distributor of KWA guns. They don't produce any guns themselves.

(But they like to make people think that they are the designers of weapons and/or owners of the KWA factory)

The version sold as "Umarex" is also just the KWA version.

Do note that if you buy a German "Umarex" Mp7, it is going to be Semi-Auto only. (due to German law)

I'm just going to try to clear this up for the last time.

KSC doesn't own any of KWA.

KWA do OEM for many, not all, KSC guns. USPs and Glocks primarily. They also make parts for other guns not fully made by KWA. They also OEM for other people, as in Western Arms in the past.

All new models are not released first by KSC, as evidenced by the Umarex KWA version being released in Germany first. There certainly exist a few old-school-tie relationships in the east, which led to the KSC Taiwan version being in existence to exploit the KSC brand in certain markets where KSC don't strictly sell. This would be the KSC branded gun that doesn't have ASGK markings.

KWA USA became heavily involved in new KWA products about 3 years ago, and commissioned new guns from the Taiwanese arm. These are clearly visible as the AEG range that is sold primarily in the US and not touched by KSC for fairly obvious reasons. They (KWA Taiwan) also recruited design talent from KSC around this time. This is when the MP7 was born. Certainly the provenance of the NS2/System 7 design is slightly "misty" here as the KSC engineers who designed it are quite possibly with KWA now. This would ordinarily be a problem in western Intellectual Property areas, but because KSC & KWA have a kind of symbiotic relationship, I imagine they've worked it out.

The massive, massive market in the US for airsoft means that KWA USA can and do have a great deal more influence in what KWA make that you suggest. Remember, for a long time in this thread, you were suggesting that there was only one version of this gun and there was no way whatsoever that the KWA version would have a different cylinder. Well now, it's obvious that this is the case, and moreover, there are four or more specific versions of the gun.

And that is the story of KWA and KSC :)

Edited by galactica
Do only the 20 round magazines come with full markings and trademarks? My Extended Magazine that came with my Umarex doesnt have any markings.

Also, what kind of sling setups do you guys run with this gun. I've found that the 2 slings i have don't fit the small sling ports on the gun.

I think galatica already said this but, KSC mags have HK trades and No silent fill valves. AFAIK KWA has not released short mags yet.

Do only the 20 round magazines come with full markings and trademarks? My Extended Magazine that came with my Umarex doesnt have any markings.

Also, what kind of sling setups do you guys run with this gun. I've found that the 2 slings i have don't fit the small sling ports on the gun.

you have to pick up some bungee sling mounts, Heres the link from the news page! http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1789 No idea where to pick one up! Any one know where to get it?

Gah! This AEG is becoming a balls-ache. :( Change Nozzle/replace springs/change rocket valve.... Might as well just sell it.

Has anyone just replaced the KSC with the ReadyFighter nozzle and it's worked fine? :unsure:

1. Not an AEG

2. yes, my KSC has had a new nozzle and is perfect. I made sure to follow the instructions to cut notches for the springs and it's fine. Had to widen one part with a file a little bit. That is all. The KSC is 134a until you get a readyfighter or other solution.

1, Gah! This AEG is becoming a balls-ache. :( Change Nozzle/replace springs/change rocket valve.... Might as well just sell it.

2, Has anyone just replaced the KSC with the ReadyFighter nozzle and it's worked fine? :unsure:

1, Shame, I'll give you a fiver for it.

Because,

2, I have, about 2000 shots now, no probs. It's my fave gun & I want to get another. :D

Greg.

i use these

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/store/rifle_slings/p10.htm

I also run laylax bungee for a couple of years on my TM mp7, and I find it really practical on every gun I own. It holds itself well, doesn´t overstretch even on a full steel guarder AK.

You don´t need an sling adapter or anything.The mp7 has some small round protuberances at the front and back.

raagentgksc001d2.jpg

Buy some textile, thin, double string elastic from a haberdashery and make some small loops, string them round these and you´re ready to go... You can attach any sling you want to the loops. If you don´t feel your gun is safe with just one loop, there´s room for three or more.

I resorted to this because the metal attachment on the bungee sling was eating its way out of the plastic body on my TM.

Edited by Kretschmer