• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

This question is to stay within the (what seems to be) Generic MP7A1 GBB thread.

The MP7A1 from Umarex/KWA in Germany is semi auto only, correct?

IF so, does anyone know what is different (inside) from the Semi-only German one and the standard KWA/KSC versions (that have Fully Auto as selection)?

We (in NZ ) are rather interested in it.

Cheers

Wege

Just curious if this is the same with everyone's gun. My KSC will only cock if I let the cocking handle snap back into place. It doesn't cock if I ride the handle into its slot.

Finally got my Readyfighter white nozzle into my gun. It was a dropin fit (my gun is most likely from the first production batch). The replacement springs I got from RF appears to be the same as the stock ones, they aren't stiffer or anything. Just in case they might come undone from the nozzle (like the original ones), I added a dab of CA glue onto the grooves I cut so the spring will (hopefully) stay in place.

Can't wait to torture test this thing. So far, I managed to finish ONE magazine with no problems for the FIRST time EVER... :rolleyes:

Edited by jesTer
Just curious if this is the same with everyone's gun. My KSC will only cock if I let the cocking handle snap back into place. It doesn't cock if I ride the handle into its slot.

That´s the way your gun tells you something is not right, you cock it and no round is chambered. Real steel is the same ;)

That is normal.

If you ease the bolt forward, the second hammer lock don't disengage.

Try press your finger on to the bolt and press forward. You will feel a small click, as the blot moves the last ½mm forward, and now the trigger will release the hammer.

Your gun always "Cock" the hammer as the bolt go to the rear, but if you ease the bolt forward the hammer is not released, before the bolt is all the way forward.

The system is what makes the gun only fire on FullAuto as the next round is chambered. Securing that the gun always firers from a securely closed bolt position.

Otherwise the hammer would just follow the bolt back up, as the bolt moves forward, slowing the hammer and causing the magazine to open the valve before the BB is completely chambered.

The same is clearly evident on the TMP/Mp9 model, and Glock 18 on FullAuto setting.

Got my KWA version in today - damn it's smexy. Didn't get a chance to fire it, but I will later today :D

Question - is KSC the only one that offers the 20rnd short mags? I want to get one just for holstering, but I can't see that KWA makes one. In any case all KWA MP7 mags are out of stock everywhere :(.

Edited by aznriptide859

Question - anyone else gotten a bolt catch failure? It just randomly happened to me during review writing (i.e. it was working well earlier in the day), and it seems mag placement in the magwell is getting harder and harder. Both the nub on the mag and the lever in the gun neither seemed worn, so maybe it's bent the wrong way? I'm seriously confused :(

Question - anyone else gotten a bolt catch failure? It just randomly happened to me during review writing (i.e. it was working well earlier in the day), and it seems mag placement in the magwell is getting harder and harder. Both the nub on the mag and the lever in the gun neither seemed worn, so maybe it's bent the wrong way? I'm seriously confused :(

Found this at the KWA forums.

http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1658

Edited by thinh
Just doing mine now - anyone know where those nozzle strip/assembly pics went?

Edit: Found them but what's the Large screw at the back for? http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ghter&st=20 ... :unsure:

Probably a little late now, but the screw is for the cup, so you don't need to touch it for the nozzle change.

Greg.

What are you guys using for mag pouches? The mag seem to be a bit of an awkward size.

The same mag pouches I use for everything:

SNC15623.JPG

Those fit TM sopmod m4 mags, AK mags, mp5/mp7 long mags on the back and pistol mags or mp5/mp7 shorts on the front. That´s my all-rounder rig.

A small problem I had with some 5 KWA mags yesterday. They came really dirty and non-lubricated from factory, so I had A LOT of misfeeds while playing due to the magazine followers getting stuck.

Now the problem is completely gone with some careful cleaning and silicone oil spraying, but half the *suitcase* they carried contaminated the bbs and went on to the hop and inner barrel and that can really be a problem. Clean your new mags before skirmishing, it´s really worth it.

Even with that problem, it´s a really accurate and satisfying gun. Love to get the mag out in a hurry, have a look at how much of it its left and then appraise the need for mag changing, as you would with a real steel mag.

Edited by Kretschmer
Apparently it's very likely to happen if you dry fire.

######. I looked at the thread thinh provided, would sanding down the BB follower fix this?

Edit: It does work. Make sure you ONLY sand down a LITTLE bit of the nub that allizard speaks of in the thread (http://www.kwausa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1658) and it should fix your issue.

Edited by aznriptide859
I guess I should have been more specific... what pouch would you use for short mags?

Oo. Um, I'm not really using the short mag.

I just checked & it does fit both my Kings arms & viper pistol mag pouches, a bit short but ok.

Won't go in a cqc, too fat. ;)

Greg.