• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of barrels, does anyone know if any are out or comming out soon?

As fare as I know PDI were planing some, but then stoped... :(

It is a bit odd, the gun were released ½year ago, and still only readyfire have made parts...

Perhaps the high unit price and the strange lack of KWA models available, have made the makers of aftermarket parts to think that there is no marked.

I miss a replica of the B&T Mp7 silencer.

As I'm not going to strap a random 5.56 thing to my Mp7.

As fare as I know PDI were planing some, but then stoped... :(

It is a bit odd, the gun were released ½year ago, and still only readyfire have made parts...

Perhaps the high unit price and the strange lack of KWA models available, have made the makers of aftermarket parts to think that there is no marked.

I miss a replica of the B&T Mp7 silencer.

As I'm not going to strap a random 5.56 thing to my Mp7.

I normally load my 7's with a ss80 (30x80mm) which is comically small but sort of suits.

It is very strange that there is no oem barrel as yet.

I spoke to a guy who did a 250mmer some time back. I didn't get details (& found it hard to believe) but he said it took a Ksc Japan over 400fps, which may be why the oem guys are standing off?

Any hoe, I have an appointment with a local precision engineer, so by Monday afternoon, I should be poorer but happier. :rolleyes:

I will chrono before & after & post results.

Greg.

You can use any KM system 7 aftermarket barrel. I thing there´s a 148 mm barrel or something for a KSC system 7 m93r.

Still, I don´t like those and am still waiting for the PDI one. Also EdGI won´t make me a custom system 7 6,00 barrel, they said he has not an original to work with.

Alas, let´s wait...

You can use any KM system 7 aftermarket barrel. I thing there´s a 148 mm barrel or something for a KSC system 7 m93r.

Still, I don´t like those and am still waiting for the PDI one. Also EdGI won´t make me a custom system 7 6,00 barrel, they said he has not an original to work with.

Alas, let´s wait...

Yeah, this is actually about 10mm shorter than the stock one.

I looked at the M93R auto (Robocop) which has a 178mm barrel & looks like it will need very little modification, if any.

Unfortunately lalax have discontinued this. WGC still have the TN, only $25.

I really want to go to 220mm, to try & maximize the available power. Otherwise I would have gone with the TN. Cheaper than my lalax aeg barrel, or having it modified!

Greg.

PS, I don't want to go longer than 220mm at this point, as this is the longest my ra-tech n-pas adjustment tool can handle. :rolleyes:

Edited by greg
Yeah, this is actually about 10mm shorter than the stock one.

I said that just as a possibility. If someone really longs for a TB, that´s the only custom one that´s out already.

I looked at the M93R auto (Robocop) which has a 178mm barrel & looks like it will need very little modification, if any.

Is it system 7 or can you just use old KSC barrels?

PS, I don't want to go longer than 220mm at this point, as this is the longest my ra-tech n-pas adjustment tool can handle. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, I planned to keep it stock long, but I didn´t stop to think about that...

hmmm . . . . don't lose hope, may get my 7 early next year and take it to EDGI for some custom work. but then, PDIs may by then be available, eh ;)

jajjaj, please take your stock barrel to Ed so we all can get a 6.00 TB from him... I would pay you taxi and a couple beers for the trip ;)

But as you said, then PDIs will probably be available. They should be near ready, I already got a Marui 5.7 PDI 6.01 and that gun was released only a couple of months earlier.

Is it system 7 or can you just use old KSC barrels?

No, the M93r auto is an old gun, pre syst7.

However, looking at pictures, it looks fine.

Syst7/non syst7 barrels & hop rubbers are the same. I have taken them out & compared them & see no difference.

The only thing you may have to do with the m93r auto barrel is re cut the notch that locks the inner barrel into place. On the mp7, this is a little further along the barrel (closer to the muzzle) than the auto.

I have just taken the original barrel out for a template for my engineer to 'adapt' a lalax aeg barrel.

I would advise using the TN 178mm auto barrel. It's only $25, the lalax I am butchering cost £40. & then there's the cost of the engineering, which is quite a lot. :( The only reason I didn't go with the 178, was that I wanted it as long as possible.

Greg.

Any hoe, I have an appointment with a local precision engineer, so by Monday afternoon, I should be poorer but happier. :rolleyes:

I will chrono before & after & post results.

Greg.

Right, so, I now have a 245mm lalax 6.03 in my mp7. Many thanks to Hamlin engineering, a local firm, who charged me half what they should have, just one arm & one leg.

Happilly, the swap is simple, taking about 10 mins.

The gun chrono's 360 with the stock 160mm barrel.

420fps with the new one. So a 60fps gain, not bad. Haven't tried accuracy/range yet, as it's still snowing.

Fingers crossed lalax/Pdi etc. will read this & bring one out, so ya can all benifit, without the hassle.

Greg.

Edited by greg
Right, so, I now have a 245mm lalax 6.03 in my mp7. Many thanks to Hamlin engineering, a local firm, who charged me half what they should have, just one arm & one leg.

Happilly, the swap is simple, taking about 10 mins.

The gun chrono's 360 with the stock 160mm barrel.

420fps with the new one. So a 60fps gain, not bad. Haven't tried accuracy/range yet, as it's still snowing.

Fingers crossed lalax/Pdi etc. will read this & bring one out, so ya can all benifit, without the hassle.

Greg.

awesome! please PM with me details of the cost etc :) that NPAS is gonna come in right handy now!

awesome! please PM with me details of the cost etc :) that NPAS is gonna come in right handy now!

It was so expensive that I would have to kill you if I told you!

Thankfully they are in a slack period with very little work on, so only charged me half what they should have. & it was still an embarrassing amount. I had to do it though, I'm just too impatient to wait for an oem & there is no guarantee anyone will do an 'extended' one. Including the price of the original lalax aeg barrel, this is prohibitively expensive.

Great News Greg, Can You Post Up Some Pics on the Install or How to Install and the Mods Done. That Would be Amazing! Great Work

Unfortunately I can't do pics.

The barrel swap is explained (pictorially) in the manual & is surprisingly easy. No surprise 'flying-springs' or dodgy stuff.

Re the mods, I took a lalax 247mm (G36c/P90) x 6.03mm & the original ksc 160mm barrel to a precision engineer.

They had to reduce the external diameter of the lalax, from 8.5mm to 8mm, re cut the hop accepter & increase the width of notch that keeps the barrel correctly aligned.

This took them 6 hours. Great finish.

The main problem was, the barrel kept flexing while under pressure. Apparently, Lalax have a 'different' criteria for the use of the term 'stainless steel', than the UK. "I don't know what it's made from mate but it definitely ain't stainless steel". Usually they would make up a mandrill to stabilize it but as the bore integrity had to be kept in tact, they couldn't.

My advise remains the same, get the TN M93r Auto barrel & work on that. It will give you the benefit of a tight bore, an extra 18mm & a load less expense.

I'm planning on getting another Mp7, in which I'll be using the auto barrel.

Greg.

Edited by greg

Bad news on the custom barrel. :(

Testing for accuracy was disappointing, the bb's go straight as a die for 50m & then do a 90 degree right hand turn! Great for corner shooting.

Have spoken to the engineers who suspect it was distorted in during the process. They are going to check it out & waive the cost but won't do another as the same thing could happen. :rolleyes:

So, back to the drawing board.

At least we have quantified the extra fps theory.

Hopefully the barrel manufacturers are onto this & 'extended barrels will become available.

Greg.

oh that's a damn shame man, sorry to hear that!

No worries, that's all part of development, you get used to it after a while.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I now have a much better (first hand experience) understanding of how these things work.

As that barrel is not viable, I might cut it back in increments, to see how length affects fps.

I'll also get the auto barrel on order & get that in there.

I'll post results.

In the mean time, we can all hope for a lalax/pdi 250mm barrel. :D

Greg.

I wouldnt buy the long ones from AG, They Look like KWA, Umarex Mags Given that the 4.6x7? id not at the bottom of the mag. Just saying

I noticed that the new KSC(Japan) 40rnd mag is missing the "HK" marking on the bottom too.

In the mean time, we can all hope for a lalax/pdi 250mm barrel. :D

Greg.

I know someone who is planning to make a custom inner barrel too. :P

Edited by -l-