• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just talking to someone as an unnamed US based custom barrel company recently, they are about to release a KWA/KSC MP7 tight bore. It's a company everyone will recognize but they haven't officially mentioned it yet.

Very soon though.

Btw s85sss, the US Post Office just raised there prices to $13.50! Better change your signature! :D

Edited by kdogg
I was just talking to someone as an unnamed US based custom barrel company recently, they are about to release a KWA/KSC MP7 tight bore. It's a company everyone will recognize but they haven't officially mentioned it yet.

Great, keep us informed when this goes public.

As Galactica says, if you have any influence, please encourage them to do one around 250mm. I doubt I would bother buying a stock length one but I'd definitely have a 250, especially if they did it as a kit, with silencer adapter.

Greg.

Just got my KWA MP7 through and extremly chuffed with the quality. Just a couple of questions though. I ordered a second mag with it, and im not sure which one it is but one of them keeps firing after ejecting all the bb's. One will lock back like it is supposed too. The other does not. Im guessing its the extra mag i ordered, although have no way of telling as they are visually identical.

Also how do these puppies work with 134a? I managed to get a magfull off a mate and tried it and it seemed to run out of puff pretty quick. But that might have been the dodgy mag if thats the one i gassed

any help appreciated

Thanks for mention about the KWA USA forum, but that seems to apply to mags that have been abused by letting the mag loader slide up and hit the top. This is a brand new mag, and i cant visually see a difference between the one that works and the one that does not. One thing i did notice is that when thumbing out the bb's, every now and then the bb's would not move up like there was no tension. I would have to slide the loader down slightly then back up and it would work. Again not sure if that was the locking mag or not. Have oiled em both for good measure. I reckon i press the button right, as one works consistently locking. Also when empty the bolt will lock when pulled back on both. Mysterious :huh:

Thanks for mention about the KWA USA forum, but that seems to apply to mags that have been abused by letting the mag loader slide up and hit the top. This is a brand new mag, and i cant visually see a difference between the one that works and the one that does not. One thing i did notice is that when thumbing out the bb's, every now and then the bb's would not move up like there was no tension. I would have to slide the loader down slightly then back up and it would work. Again not sure if that was the locking mag or not. Have oiled em both for good measure. I reckon i press the button right, as one works consistently locking. Also when empty the bolt will lock when pulled back on both. Mysterious :huh:

As Galactica rightly says, there is a notch on the bb follower that controls the lockback.

Take the follower & spring out of the mag. It drops out of the bottom.

Thoroughly clean the bb channel. You will be amazed how much poo comes out of that area, even on a 'brand-new' mag.

While you have it out, you can check the bb follower to make sure it's ok.

Earlier, you asked if they are ok on 134a. I ran mine on 134a back in September & it was ok but you may have problems in the lower temperatures. Fine on green of course, unless you have the ksc jap version, in which case you will eventually blow the nozzle & have to replace it with the ready fighter reinforced unit.

Read through this thread for details. ;)

Greg.

EUREKA!

Finally got the barrel sorted.

The TN barrel from WGC, for the M93R Auto, is in & running.

Bonus was, that the barrel was 200mm (not 178mm as expected), 40mm longer than the original, falling just short of the end of the flash hider.

Gun chronoes 395, .2g, @ 19C, which is about 30 up on the original barrel. Shot to shot consistency seems better, I think the hop rubber's seal is tighter but that's just conjecture.

I can't see any improvement on the accuracy, which was great anyway. Possibly a bit better, definitely no worse, approx 12" groups at 50M. I can't be arsed to do proper side by sides with targets & that.

The barrel did need slight modification, 3 bits of filing. About an hour in the shed to get it just right. Drop out the original, you'll work it out.

So, if you are impatient for a tight bore, order one of these & get filing. ;)

Greg.

Edited by greg

Nice Greg!

Let me Ask you Why Didnt you Just use a PDI 7 Inch Hi Capa Barrel? All the Specs are the Same as the TN Correct? Since it Basically a GBB in a Different Body

But I tried getting the outer barrel/inner barrel out. Can you Describe How to?

I tried Removing all the Rails and BCG and Undid the Pin to the Left of the Bolt Release and it only wiggled a little bit. All I see Now is Removing the Small (.5 Torx) Screw From the Bolt Catch

Can you Explain Greg if I am going in the right direction etc.

Thanks So Much

EDIT:

O Btw I think I found a Guide Correct Me if I am wrong

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?reviewID=234

Edited by AirSoftNJ
Thoroughly clean the bb channel. You will be amazed how much poo comes out of that area, even on a 'brand-new' mag.

Specially on a brand new mag... whole lotta poo.

Also my EdGi 6.00 stock length is coming already. I´ll let you know in a tenday.

Very soon though.

Btw s85sss, the US Post Office just raised there prices to $13.50! Better change your signature! :D

usps suck! :) will change the signature asap!

fedex rocks!