• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Readyfighter unit is designed to replace the KSC Japan version ONLY. This is a particularly thin walled unit designed to break, if used for any length of time on green.

The reciprocating cup for this model, is a different size & the Readyfighter unit is specifically made to match it.

If you are trying to put the ready fighter unit into any other MP7, you will have to replace the cup, with the appropriate part.

Greg.

Thanks a lot No wonder it wouldn't work on my gun.

I'm after a quick bit of advice...

I've been offered an KSC MP7 which has been upgraded by a shop with a readyfighter nozzle, not seen action in the field but has been used. It will come with 6 extra 40rd mags making a total of 7. The guy wants £550 for the lot.

Is that a bit steep considering I picked up my first one for about £240 (stock condition) with one mag. Makes it £250 for the gun and £50 a mag. I know they are rare but there's a limit...

Well i don't know how much you guys really spend on your equipments out there but here i only spent $560 for a brand new MP7 and 6 extra mags. But still considering, MP7 and it's mags are a very good investment because i can REALLY use them in the field playing speedball or MILSIM.

Remember, if you have to install the readyfighter nozzle, make sure to 'carve', the retaining slots into the spring retaining lugs.

Greg.

I'd suggest a small dab of superglue/CA glue on the grooves to help keep the springs in place. Works like a wonder on mine.

That is my thinking. Plus, if i decide I don't need so many I can always sell them, I'm sure there are other people who would want them *finger pyramid of evil contemplation*

Erm, look at it like this:

When AA (as far as I know, the only UK source) had them in stock (UK dealer, so UK customer rights, guarantee etc) they were flogging them for £330 & £50 a mag. The ready fighter nozzle is what, about £35 with shipping & tax.

So you would have paid £665rrp for that lot, Brand new & warranteed, on UK soil. This doesn't include delivery, or discount for cash but serves as a good bench mark. Den Trinity are offering the same gun for $364, mags are $58. By the time you pay import duty(don't talk tax evasion, it's illegal & immoral, tax thieves are costing me money & therefore scum), shipping & admin you are probably looking at a similar amount to the AA rrp, no uk warranty. You could save about £150 by going for the $233 KWA/umarex model, which won't need a replacement nozzle. But then you have the hassle of importing.

Now all you have to decide is how much you are willing to pay, second hand & unwarranted?

Make sure to check the gun's accuracy, chrono figs, semi auto & full auto performance. The ready fighter nozzle is white, not black, check both springs are in place, as they often fall off, if incorrectly installed.

It is second hand, so I usually apply the second hand = half price formula: about £350.

However, in the UK, this is a rare, quality item. As far as I know, AA are the only retailers to have bought them in & I think they did 2 batches of 10 guns. Of which, quite a few went to the film industry. This could be one, of less than 20, genuine KSC MP7's in the UK & therefore the price will reflect this. However, if they or another retailer start to bring them in again?????????

It's a tough one, £550 seems a lot to pay for a second hand gun & 6 mags, but would I let mine, with 5 mags, go, for twice that?

No way. :D

Greg.

I did do some math and it would pan out at about the same price if I were to import one, inlcuding approximate tax charges. I did mention to the guy about the nozzle springs and it is something i would probably check for myself before taking it out into the field.

The guy did say that other people were offering their first born children as an exchange, but i requested first refusal. Early bird gets the worm :P

I did do some math and it would pan out at about the same price if I were to import one, inlcuding approximate tax charges. I did mention to the guy about the nozzle springs and it is something i would probably check for myself before taking it out into the field.

The guy did say that other people were offering their first born children as an exchange, but i requested first refusal. Early bird gets the worm :P

I'd usually take what a seller says with a pinch of salt but at this time he has a point.

If you import, it will cost you more than he is asking. Both his gun & an import, carry no real form of warranty, so in a way, you might as well go with his, saving a few quid & the hassle/wait involved with importing.

What Galactica says is true, the market will dictate the price, Ie, if you are willing to pay it, the product is by definition, 'worth' what you paid.

However, if a UK dealer starts pumping out the KWA model for £230, with some form of warranty, you won't shift your second hand ksc for a penny more. Probably, much less at that point, because it will have lost it's exclusivity.

Folk are always concerned with power. The KWA is around 360fps(green, .2, 20C) out of the box, so is more likely to be the favorite item. Regulating it's power with a ratech n-pas, is as easy as 'upping' the stock 310fps on the KSC. But once the n-pas is in, you can tune power down or back up (cold weather), without stripping the gun.

Changing the power on a KSC will require a strip down each time, to swap the rocket valve, or it's spring. Installation of the n-pas will only allow you to turn the power DOWN, from a maximum of about 320fps. This can be raised by installing a longer tight bore but as one is not currently available, you will be stuck with a specific power. As said, stock, this will be a comparatively low 310fps at 20C, a lot less when colder. Not too much of a problem, as the gun still functions, but a possible handicap, outdoors, during 350fps games.

Greg.

I wound up buying two KWAs. A used one with three spare mags and a brand new one. Got one short KSC mag from a local parts store and I'm set. I suspect I'll wind up shifting one of them over the summer once the local crew has had a chance to see how much fun it is.

As said, stock, this will be a comparatively low 310fps at 20C, a lot less when colder. Not too much of a problem, as the gun still functions, but a possible handicap, outdoors, during 350fps games.

Greg.

It's already been upgraded with the nozzle and the plan is to get a NPAS in it straight off. Might get one for my current one but Sunday gone it was firing 351fps at 2 degrees C on Green and ~330fps on Ultra. It easily held it's own against most of the AEGs in the field.

It's already been upgraded with the nozzle and the plan is to get a NPAS in it straight off. Might get one for my current one but Sunday gone it was firing 351fps at 2 degrees C on Green and ~330fps on Ultra. It easily held it's own against most of the AEGs in the field.

I think you misunderstand. The Ready fighter nozzle is just stronger than the original, it doesn't add any power.

Chrono the for sale gun to see.

As for 351 from a KSC Jap (.2, on green) at 2C? :huh: Well done. You have either done some work on the gun, got very lucky or knackered the chrono. I've not seen or until now, heard of, a stock KSC Jap, doing more than 330fps, .2, green @ 20C.

Are you sure the mag was 2C & not out of your nice warm car or pocket?

Is the gun definitely KSC Jap, 350fps, sounds more like a KWA?

Where did you get it? Is it stock? What chrono did you use? & why do you want to pay £550 for another, when this one is obviously working so well?

Sorry for the Spanish inquisition, I'm just interested. :)

Greg.

Edited by greg

Skirmished this today:

Full auto double feeds, well more than double feeds, sometimes nothing would come out of the end for a burst, turn the barrel downwards, a handful of BBs would fall out.

Emptied an entire magazine on full auto, 2 shots came out of the end together, the rest all fell out when I upturned the barrel.

This also happened on single shot but less frequently, 2-3 occurrences per mag every now and then.

I skirmished it for the morning like this, decided it needed a good clean out, cleaned did so at lunch (instead of eating :( ) and still no luck.

Gave it a rest and went out with a Glock (my MEU decided to break down at the same time, loose piston cup/lid whatever the *fruitcage* it is called), came back at the end of the day, seemed to work OK on single shot, occasional double feeds but managed about 250shots in the last game (across 3 magazines with no gas refills).

Going to take it down and give it all a good cleaning, hopefully that might sort it, really not my month for guns, 3 of my MEU magazines' followers have snapped, leaving me down to 4 working mags for it :(

Also, I just filled a magazine with gas, held down the bolt catch and fired until it ran out of gas. the bottom of the magazine had iced over, normal? (this was 200+ shots, I lost count after that).

On the plus side, when it was working, got lots of kills :D

Loving the versatility of the MP7, stable platform over range with the stock extended, little more than a pistol with the stock retracted, great great great :)

Thanks, that link helped explain the problem. Now, when trying to take it apart down to the barrel, I got stuck.

I took out the trigger, fire selector, bolt catch etc. and pulled the whole lot out...then got stuck, didn't know what to do so I unscrewed the screw (the one with the brass washer type device holding down a spring) except I didn't know there was a spring there, it popped out and I didn't know which way to put it back in, so I fudged it, put it all back together and now the bolt locks back every shot.

So could someone tell me/show me in what orientation that spring is supposed to be in, pictures of it all in the right configuration would be excellent (I can't find any detailed disassembly guides anywhere), and how to take it apart to the barrel + rubber.

coincidentally i have my mp7 opened up

1001789.jpg

quick question, how does one go about getting to the hopup and barrel? I have the internal...chassis(?) out and i cannot work out how to separate the barrel from the trigger and bolt assembly. I punched out one pin near bolt stop lever but nothing is budging, although im not really forcing anything at this point. any help would be appreciated.

PanteraTigris, thanks a ton man. Seems i had already done all i needed too, i was just too wary of forcing anything. Also, there is absolutely nothing in the KWA manual about even the most basic dis assembly; probably has something to do with the warranty <_<

Yup there is no disassembly on the KWA manual but full disassembly instructions on the KSC(although Japanese but easy to follow), lucky for me i have 1 KSC and 1 KWA :P