I think you misunderstand. The Ready fighter nozzle is just stronger than the original, it doesn't add any power.

Chrono the for sale gun to see.

As for 351 from a KSC Jap (.2, on green) at 2C? :huh: Well done. You have either done some work on the gun, got very lucky or knackered the chrono. I've not seen or until now, heard of, a stock KSC Jap, doing more than 330fps, .2, green @ 20C.

Are you sure the mag was 2C & not out of your nice warm car or pocket?

Is the gun definitely KSC Jap, 350fps, sounds more like a KWA?

Where did you get it? Is it stock? What chrono did you use? & why do you want to pay £550 for another, when this one is obviously working so well?

Sorry for the Spanish inquisition, I'm just interested. :)

Greg.

Lol, inquisition begins...

*without trying to sound like i'm being an *albatross** I know the nozzle adds no power.

He told me that when Firesupport tested it (they installed the new nozzle for him) it was doing 350fps using 0.28g bb. That makes the assumption that it was fired indoors where the temperature was probably 20-25C.

My current MP7 isn't stock; when I bought it I put in a Shooters Design CNC rocket valve. It is deffinately KSC as it has the right trades, box and iirc a RF nozzle doesn't fit the KWA without mod(?). When I first took it out to the field, it chrono'd at 300fps on Green gas, the temperature was so cold that the valve on my gas bottle froze open when filling the mag.

When I took it out last weekend it gave 351fps on Green without putting the mag in my pocket, it was rather a nippy morning (frost and ice) and when I got in the car to go home the claimed temp was ~2C.

The chrono seems alright, my G36 came in at the right power and my DMR was about right.

I bought a second on behalf of my mate because he was going to have mine off me if I didn't like it*.

Plus the guy I bought it from had 7 mags for it including 3 brand new so we will both have 4 mags each. It does look like it has never been used and he has never fired it in anger (hence he was actually able to part with it).

* I'm not buying it on his behalf because he isn't UKARA registered, I am at uni and he is back home so he wouldn't be able to do it himself.

Trig

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, inquisition begins...

*without trying to sound like i'm being an *albatross** I know the nozzle adds no power.

He told me that when Firesupport tested it (they installed the new nozzle for him) it was doing 350fps using 0.28g bb. That makes the assumption that it was fired indoors where the temperature was probably 20-25C.

My current MP7 isn't stock; when I bought it I put in a Shooters Design CNC rocket valve. It is deffinately KSC as it has the right trades, box and iirc a RF nozzle doesn't fit the KWA without mod(?). When I first took it out to the field, it chrono'd at 300fps on Green gas, the temperature was so cold that the valve on my gas bottle froze open when filling the mag.

When I took it out last weekend it gave 351fps on Green without putting the mag in my pocket, it was rather a nippy morning (frost and ice) and when I got in the car to go home the claimed temp was ~2C.

The chrono seems alright, my G36 came in at the right power and my DMR was about right.

I bought a second on behalf of my mate because he was going to have mine off me if I didn't like it*.

Plus the guy I bought it from had 7 mags for it including 3 brand new so we will both have 4 mags each. It does look like it has never been used and he has never fired it in anger (hence he was actually able to part with it).

* I'm not buying it on his behalf because he isn't UKARA registered, I am at uni and he is back home so he wouldn't be able to do it himself.

Trig

See, there is always a sensible explanation. ;) Thank you.

Other than the fire support bit, it makes perfect sense. I have the cnc valve & when installed, mine does similar.

Greg.

Edited by greg

I think it's back together properly, I'd love to make sure though before it all goes back together.

There isn't a chance in hell I'm opening this up again.

Couldn't get that barrel pin out so I just soaked a bit of cloth in acetone stuff and jammed it into the hop chamber. *fruitcage* it.

I think it's back together properly, I'd love to make sure though before it all goes back together.

There isn't a chance in hell I'm opening this up again.

Couldn't get that barrel pin out so I just soaked a bit of cloth in acetone stuff and jammed it into the hop chamber. *fruitcage* it.

Jesus, you are having a nightmare.

If you are in the West London area, you are welcome to come on down the shed. I've had the barrels/hops out of 3 of these now. Two ksc's & one kwa which was a bit of a pain but nothing like what you are describing.

Greg.

Edited by greg

Yea, it appeared to be back together properly, so I just reassembled it, and it all worked fine (apart from the hop rubber problem still). A bunch of the pins holding various springs in place on the underside had come out while I was trying to get that *fruitcage* barrel pin out, and everything had gone everywhere, probably just pot luck that it all went back together as I had no clue as to how it should.

I'm living in North Yorkshire, but many thanks for the offer :)

I've emailed ESC and AA regarding them replacing the rubber, no luck as yet (mike is away for a couple of weeks according the automatic email response I got).

It is currently sitting with a bit of cloth soaked in acetone stuck in the chamber. I doubt very much it will work however.

If all else fails, greg, would it be possible to send down to you to have a look at (services paid for, of course)? as you seem to be the MP7 expert ;)

Also, installing the NPAS was a complete *Ubar*.

The screw that holds the bar/rod that's attached to the springs would not come out, I ended up stripping it. Had to drill some holes in the sides of it so I could use a flathead screwdriver to take it out, and even then...the whole process took about 4hrs

Lovely to use, but I really *fruitcage* hate it.

Edited by kruck
It is currently sitting with a bit of cloth soaked in acetone stuck in the chamber. I doubt very much it will work however.

Hi Kruck. Ya really must soak the rubber, submerged in acetone. You can see when it's soaking, little bubbles coming out of it. Let it soak for about an hour, then dry for a day.

To get that pin out, you must brace the surrounding area with a hollow something (I used a socket, with a hole big enough for the pin to go into). The tap the pin out, with something that is a wee bit smaller than the pin. If undoing the hop-up assembly, watch the spring under the cam, and at the front...clicky-noise-maker. They like to, "Sproing-out".

post-64978-1265724381_thumb.jpg

post-64978-1265724388_thumb.jpg

post-64978-1265724403_thumb.jpg

Edited by Papabois

Tried as hard as I could to get that pin out.

I actually lost the hop up spring, I fished it out carefully, put it with all the other little dissassembled bits I had on the desk, then it had dissappered when I came to reassemble it. I chopped the spring that was replaced by the spring in the NPAS kit from the nozzle whatever, and used that, all seems to work but it is a complete mystery where the original spring went.

I'll give it one more try tonight, failing that it's off to someone who knows what they are doing to sort.

I tried getting the pin out in both directions, when each one didn't work, but is there a specific direction it comes out in?

Here is me hoping I don't seriously *fruitcage* anything else up in the process this time.

If all else fails, greg, would it be possible to send down to you to have a look at (services paid for, of course)? as you seem to be the MP7 expert ;)

I'm no expert, I'm just a bit determined. :D

Sorry, but I don't do pnp. :(

Any thing I can do to help remotely, just let me know.

Greg.

Cheers

Good news, the make-shift-cloth-soaking appears to have had some effect, single shot seems 80% ish, FA not working correctly.

I might just be able to do this for a few more days, and hope it has a greater affect over time.

At least it shoots, which is better than 24hrs ago :)

Beats taking it apart again anyway :P

Edited by kruck

just find a way to remove that excess oil. it seems that your hop rubber expanded because too much oil got in to it. The s***y part of it is that the oil is actually between the outer barrel and the hop rubber and between innerbarrel and hop rubber. So if you just put soaked cloth in there the only part you are ridding of oil is the lip of the hop rubber. So the expanded part is the one holding the BB, and the expanded part of that part is the outer rubber(i hope you understand what i'm pointing out :P ). Thus compressing your BB increasing the friction so much that it prevents it from being pushed by the compressed air (yes that's how much compression and friction it exerts).

I have just seen the KSC MP7A1 Taiwan version at Uncompany, and I wonder if this could be a re-brand of the KWA (that, by the way, seems to be out of stock everywhere).

What do you think about it?. I´m thinking about ordering one and a reinforced loading nozzle, and if this is in fact the KWA one should order the specific version of the nozzle.

I have just seen the KSC MP7A1 Taiwan version at Uncompany, and I wonder if this could be a re-brand of the KWA (that, by the way, seems to be out of stock everywhere).

What do you think about it?. I´m thinking about ordering one and a reinforced loading nozzle, and if this is in fact the KWA one should order the specific version of the nozzle.

I´ve had one of those since october. You can check various experiences with those in previous pages, but it´s a 420 fps gun for starters. I don´t know where UNcompany gets its measurements, but unless they´re making a new, low powered batch, those mp7s are shooting hard.

It´s a correctly trademarked KSC mp7 with a KWA nozzle and a propietary rocket valve to get those 420 fps on green gas. I´d say it´s the best combination you can buy stock, totally recommend it.

Mine has already gone through at least 6000 rounds, with a Ra-tech NPAS and an EdGi 6,00 barrel, not a single problem. Just be sure to clean well your new magazines, all of my 8 came really dirty, transfered the dirt to the bbs and misfeeded a couple of times.

just find a way to remove that excess oil. it seems that your hop rubber expanded because too much oil got in to it. The s***y part of it is that the oil is actually between the outer barrel and the hop rubber and between innerbarrel and hop rubber. So if you just put soaked cloth in there the only part you are ridding of oil is the lip of the hop rubber. So the expanded part is the one holding the BB, and the expanded part of that part is the outer rubber(i hope you understand what i'm pointing out :P ). Thus compressing your BB increasing the friction so much that it prevents it from being pushed by the compressed air (yes that's how much compression and friction it exerts).

I usually soak the hop rubber in dish washing detergent to get the oil out.

Its strange, but I don't know why manufacturers would think oils and grease would fix hop issues. I know Marui/WA advocates silicone oil in the barrel but that affects everything from consistency of BB path to hardening of the rubbers.

Adding oils and grease, which is a non-permanent lubricant, will fix somethings temporarily. But negative side is it gathers dirt, and sticks in the wrong places, which adds unpredictability to each shot.

As for the area on the KSC hop that holds the BB, that constriction should technically not be on a System 7 as it negatively affects accuracy.

Those KSC hop rubbers were originally designed for the Hardkick system, which required the constriction to hold the BBs in place while it activates the hardkick valve. It can be removed safely on a System 7 weapon while significantly improving long range accuracy.

I bore'd mine away and my MP7 has never shot more consistent, comparable to even to my tightbored AEGs.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n