• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to KWA about adapters and other muzzle brakes and they said they're expecting stuff to start turning up soon from the normal channels. You can fit a real one they say, but for some $200+ for an AAC it could be a bit over the top. Then you'd still need to mod your tracer unit to fit in the QD can.

For a sling I've got two short loops of paracord and then a regular 2-point adjustable. A one point bungee would work well I think since it's so small though.

For a sling, I use one of the Magpul PTS slings, attached to one of these

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/sli...-ksc-mp7a1.html

Only problem is that the sling connection uses the upper bolt, and screws into this, so the quick take down doesn't work anymore!

The sling I use is this one:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-gears/sl...ling-black.html

I used a spare split ring from a grenade for the front sling mount for when I convert the sling to two point to sling behind my back.

Later daze

Lee

Any ETA on the long mags? I got the short ones from ASGI yesterday and they're pretty nice, but I need some long ones. Evike just changed their ETA date to sometime in April from Feb 26th.

I've been searching and searching and searching for long mags and they are effectively sold out EVERYWHERE I've looked. I finally tracked 3 down at the local hobby shop but they're $60 each and I just don't know if I want to spend that much. Also, I just ordered a KSC shortmag for $55 not knowing that AirsoftGI had KWA shortmags for $32!

Thanks for the info on the sling. I think I want a single point sling so that the gun can hang down to my side. Right now I have a simple sling that just goes from one point to the other and its very uncomfortable and unpractical. I'm going to debut my gun at my local field on Saturday and I want to have a comfortable set-up. :)

Good news

After opening the box up (I put it in the box, to protect it from me) I noticed that some acetone had got on the MP7s body, and in places wrecked the finish. (that's not the good news).

I was going to sell it, but in the condition it's in, I doubt I'd get a decent amount for it, and the wrecked finish just made that worse.

So I decided, fudge it - gonna have to fix it.

Took it apart, again, got to the pin, and decided I wasn't going to take no for a mother*fruitcage*ing answer. Drilled about 2mm in with a drill bit (the smallest I had) about 1mm wider than the pin, on both sides. I then taped up the entire assembly so when I hammered it, nothing would fall out (like it did before).

Hammer, screwdriver in the newly drilled little hole.

Some very intense hammering later, it moved. About 1mm. kept going, eventually the *fruitcage* came out, I just hope nothing else got damaged in the process!

where do you buy the silencer adapter? I'd like to put a tracer unit on mine.

...hmm...I wonder if I could make one with some tubing from a hardware store.

The one I have is made from just that. Tapped 12mm on the inside and 14mm on the outside. Very simple.

In addition, for my sling points I use FAB Industries RAS sling mounts - real steel Israeli product, $14 or so. loop of paracord and into my single point bungee sling. (Or my tactical tailor Molle sling on my chest rig).

I was about to install a NPAS valve on my KWA, but i cant open the screw at the rear holding the crossbar, i have put as much pressure on it as i dear (brute force always makes things worse) but it won't budge. Any ideas?

I had the same problem, ended up stripping the screw.

I ended up drilling a little hole at each side, that could be used with a flat head screwdriver.

Still very stiff to move though, but I got it out eventually.

I've been searching and searching and searching for long mags and they are effectively sold out EVERYWHERE I've looked. I finally tracked 3 down at the local hobby shop but they're $60 each and I just don't know if I want to spend that much. Also, I just ordered a KSC shortmag for $55 not knowing that AirsoftGI had KWA shortmags for $32!

Thanks for the info on the sling. I think I want a single point sling so that the gun can hang down to my side. Right now I have a simple sling that just goes from one point to the other and its very uncomfortable and unpractical. I'm going to debut my gun at my local field on Saturday and I want to have a comfortable set-up. :)

that's some serious price gouging. AirsoftGI offers free shipping and has coupons, so I probably paid less than $30 each of the two I bought because I was able to get over $100 with some other stuff that I needed. I'm hoping that they'll get the long mags in stock soon.

Got my Steel bolt carrier, Its really nice quality however it was insanely tight on instally as the bolt wouldnt even return foward, I managed to fire it off a few times and its working better but i think the current friction are having a bad affect on the recoil as i didnt expect such a drop. Its sounds more like an AK now to shoot coming in at around 780rpm im hoping this will come up or i may give the bolt a go over with a file in the areas of contact. However i have noticed a significant increase in recoil and noise

Oh also is anyone having issues with the Npas system? I have installed it on my KSC when fully open it is only giving me 340fps which is lower than the stock KSC part however goes all the way down to about 250fps....

Edited by 1st_shooter

Question - I reinstalled everything in my Mp7 today, and it seems that it's not feeding all the time - it'll feed randomly on certain mags and stuff. I dry fired it a bit and found that a lot of the time the nozzle doesn't return backwards when the bolt blows back - it stays forward. It seems something in the chamber or something is catching on the nozzle. Anyone have any suggestions on what's causing this/how to solve it?

^Darn can't edit, got another few questions:

1. I got an upgraded recoil spring with my RF pack - can I use that with the normal KWA bolt?

2. Also, is the rear bolt holder held in by a pin, or a screw? I want to know since it can't fit my 1mm allen wrench, nor will it be hammered out.

Edited by aznriptide859

Couple Things

1st Shooter,

I saw your Vid on Youtube of the Steel BGC. I like the Recoil Factor as well as the Sound but does gas efficiency get affected? Also Your Running a Regular Version with Orange Piston Cup Correct?

AZN,

Try Lubing the Top of the Magazine as well as the BB Ramp Going in to the Hop up. That was my Problem with my other MP7

Also, Confirmed Reports By Me, All New KSC Taiwan Version is HK Shops (Available in Airsoft Global, WGC, Tokyo Model, Un Comp. All are Umarex Free and Also Feature No Serial Number Just HK Trades on the Left Part of the Gun, No Serial AKA 098474...TW

1st shooter, that spring that comes with the NPAS is garbage, it's way too strong. When greg & I did our installations of the NPAS (mine broke after one game and RA Tech have gone silent on the matter) we found that the spring supplied with the NPAS was way too strong and kept the FPS below that of the stock gun. When we reinstalled the very light valve spring from my US version, the FPS soared.

Conclusions...use a taiwan/US version valve spring and a shooters design or glock rocket valve for maximum FPS, and a combination of the above for lower. The NPAS is a bit of a disappointment and not worth the money. I reach this conclusion because mine broke almost immediately and RATech have ignored my emails about it ever since I sent them the photographic proof.

Well I found my problem - the RF nozzle. I'm guessing there's something wrong with the tolerances or something, but I put the SD valve/spring with my stock KWA nozzle, and everything works fine now.

Guess I can't use it until my KWA nozzle break XD, which I guess won't be for a while.