My MP7 seems to be having issues with Firing, I loaded up my 4 long mags gassed fully, they all fire perfectly but if i reload them and fire it off, lots of bb's get stuck in the barrel on every magazine. I shouldn't need to refill the magazine every time, surely? i remember when i first got it and got 4 fully loaded mags on full auto before even needing to look at the gas bottle. I think my hop rubber is a bit *fruitcage*ed. Is it easy to access?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My MP7 seems to be having issues with Firing, I loaded up my 4 long mags gassed fully, they all fire perfectly but if i reload them and fire it off, lots of bb's get stuck in the barrel on every magazine. I shouldn't need to refill the magazine every time, surely? i remember when i first got it and got 4 fully loaded mags on full auto before even needing to look at the gas bottle. I think my hop rubber is a bit *fruitcage*ed. Is it easy to access?

Look back a few pages, sounds similar to my problems. There is enough info back there to help you take it apart as far as the rubber methinks.

You need to soak the rubber in acetone, for a couple of hours, then let it dry for a day or so, then try again. The rubber has expanded with the addition of lubricant, which can get there all sorts of ways, and is jamming the BBs in the barrel.

Mine was too far gone and the above method didn't work, had to order in another rubber from den. Since I replaced it its probably fired 5-600rds flawlessly.

this is a well known issue on the KWA USA forums. It's basically too much silicone seeping into the hop rubber, it would seem.

I haven't had it yet, and i'm running propane exclusively, with green half filling the mags when they're not being used, to maintain the seals.

At least, that's how I think it's working. I've ordered a couple of buckings just in case my theory is nonsense.

Fantastic performance all round, however...bad news.

After finally getting a sling that fitted the teeny tiny sling loops on the MP7, about 2hrs before the end of the day, I noticed my gun was moving a tad free from the sling:

DSCN9407.JPG

Sling loop snapped off!

I tried it on the other side, 30 seconds later:

DSCN9408.JPG

Going to have to get some RIS Sling mounts now! <_<

THERE IS STILL HOPE!

http://www.kicbbgun.com.tw/shop/product_in...c87c3d79a%3Cwbr

3670_1.jpg

p.s. I just noticed this had been posted, orz

Edited by -l-
And one more time I must say, that that you yet have to prove that you are just remotely credible.

Last time we had this discussion the KWA Mp7 were designed in the US, and completely different from the KSC version.

KWA-USA practically owned the KSC factory and NS7 were an exclusive system, not remotely related to the KSC System7.

Statements that turned out to be... less true.

Also, it is strange that the name "SN2" is only used by KWA-USA.

Also, the company KWA-USA, is as far as I can see just an import company, reselling the KWA range in the US. But again and again you talk about the KWA-Taiwan company as "your" factory. A connection that only you seem to make.

We just had oure IWA-2010 trade show, and the Mp9 is coming out in Europe too. Just under the true name and with Trades, as ASG is holding the B&T license. ;)

(... and ASG is not "Action Sports Gun")

But the Mk.23 is new to me, I presume that it would be a System7 model?

And if so, have the hammer system had the overhaul it needs so badly?

And will we see the KSC version of this before the KWA version hits the marked as? As it have been the case with all System7 models to date.

Duckling, I have always said NS2 = System7 and it's consistence everywhere I've talked about KWA products. So you can go ahead believe what you want to believe. My involvement with KWA and KWA USA is well documented here in US. I don't need to explain myself twice. Oh yeah... it's NS2 not SN2, at least get the name right. Okay?

MK23 is NS2, do you see new MK23 System7 announced on KSC Japan website?!

In fact, do you see new 1911 System7 pistols announced on KSC Japan website?!

What about gas power rifle M4A1 on KSC Japan website? Humm?

ASG = Action Sports Games... so sorry. :rolleyes:

Edited by allizard

I sure hope if I ever have to email KWA that you don't answer those emails, allizard. I'd hate to be talked to like that as a customer with a problem.

Also, I can't seem to find the KWA M4-A1 GBBR in your 2010 product catalog that someone showed me that they picked up at SHOT? Surely this is a mistake, seeing as I was told by someone that attended SHOT that the gun would be released 4th quarter of this year?

Question for those running the MP7 as a sidearm - how on earth are you holding them? I did have a semi leg/hip holster, but this past weekend I snapped one of the buckles - ACM materials FTL.

Pantac/Phantom make a mp7 specific holster. It looks a bit like a guarder tornado but is much bigger and will fit with the rails attached.

Strike systems make an mp7 drop leg that also holds 2 long mags

I was considering having one made but it would have been too bulky instead i got a weapons catch and used tension on the sling to keep it in place

Have used this method to keep an g36 and a kac pdw in place and they are much larger and heavier

I sure hope if I ever have to email KWA that you don't answer those emails, allizard. I'd hate to be talked to like that as a customer with a problem.

Also, I can't seem to find the KWA M4-A1 GBBR in your 2010 product catalog that someone showed me that they picked up at SHOT? Surely this is a mistake, seeing as I was told by someone that attended SHOT that the gun would be released 4th quarter of this year?

Let's be fair here, what's discuss between me and Duckling have nothing to do with customer service. I'm only pointing out the facts while you and Ducking is entitle to your opinion.

LM4 PTR and LM4 SR7 didn't make it in time for printing in 2010 catalog because all photos are taken right here in US office. We literally receive the product sample the Friday before Shot Show. LM4 is schedule to release this summer.

If you want to discuss this further feel free to PM me. We are going off topic here.

Edited by allizard
Let's be fair here, what's discuss between me and Duckling have nothing to do with customer service. I'm only pointing out the facts while you and Ducking is entitle to your opinion.

I know we're getting off tangent on the MP7, but it does have to do with customer service. You're coming on here with a type of attitude unbecoming of a Commercial User, someone who is registered on here representing a professional company. Instead of coming across as, "Oh yeah, well what about that huh?!" You could have just stated, "Currently, through means of public knowledge, KSC Japan does not have any plans for a System 7 Mk23 or a Gas powered M4A1."

LM4 PTR and LM4 SR7 didn't make it in time for printing in 2010 catalog because all photos are taken right here in US office. We literally receive the product sample the Friday before Shot Show. LM4 is schedule to release this summer.

Wonderful news, will be looking forward to those. Heard a lot of good things about the gun, and I'd really like to see for myself.

I know we're getting off tangent on the MP7, but it does have to do with customer service. You're coming on here with a type of attitude unbecoming of a Commercial User, someone who is registered on here representing a professional company. Instead of coming across as, "Oh yeah, well what about that huh?!" You could have just stated, "Currently, through means of public knowledge, KSC Japan does not have any plans for a System 7 Mk23 or a Gas powered M4A1."

Wonderful news, will be looking forward to those. Heard a lot of good things about the gun, and I'd really like to see for myself.

I honestly didn't think my replied were overboard but Point Taken and I apologize.

can anyone recommend a good takedown guide? so i can get the the hop rubber.

I think Red Wolf have one on vid.

It ain't rocket science:

Cock the gun & remove the mag.

Knock out the 2 pins at the back & remove the bolt assembly.

Take off the bolt release & selector leavers.

Knock out the trigger pin & remove the trigger.

Unscrew the flash hider & push out the barrel & trigger assembly housing.

Unscrew the hop cam & remove the hop adjustment shaft.

Knock out the locking pin & remove the barrel.

The hop rubber will be found on one end of the barrel.

Reverse to reassemble. Watch out for springs & bits that fall off.

Job done. ;)

Greg.

What i'm worried about is the trigger and springs etc i feel like i could do more damage just trying to take it apart.

I understand. I was the same, putting off taking mine out for ages.

Turned out it was really simple. Takes a few minutes. Very few tools.

Putting the trigger back in can be a bit awkward, the return spring is fiddly, no real problem, you'll see what I mean.

Watch for the spring & plunger at the muzzle end of the hop adjustment shaft, the hop plunger & spring/hairclip thing, on the right hand side of the trigger mech. None of these fly across the room but can fall off & may be hard to find on a black carpet.

Never buy a black carpet. :D

Greg.

Edited by greg

Someone made a post a few pages back, about removing that plunger that makes the hop adjuster click, and shimming the rod with teflon tape, so you can adjust the hop more precisely. I did this and found I could get a perfect hop setting, whereas with the clicky adjuster I couldn't. Something to bear in mind when you take it all apart (and if you lose it).

Can i just say there are way more bits that can fall off than you guys made out! Luckyily i have managed to get it all back to gether after giving it a real good clean as there was alot of oil in it and let the rubber soak for a while in warm soapy water. I am gonna order a new hop rubber just in case and see how it fairs after testing. My dad is too stressy for me to start testing this in the house at this hour hehe.

Well in the interal body mass there is a large bar running along one side that feel out then the spring that came with it and the a little washer type thing that was underneath that but i worked it all out how it went back in.

I must have had these apart 20 times & never had that happen!

Thanks, I'll watch for it next time.

Greg.

What should i get

Micro aimpoint

http://www.rsov.com/express/product.php?la...amp;prodId=4553

or

micro aimpoint with riser

http://www.rsov.com/express/product.php?la...amp;prodId=3250

or

Eotech xps

http://www.rsov.com/express/product.php?la...amp;prodId=4693

I am leaning towards the xps because its the cheapest but also i use real eotechs and found them to be the best