This is my npas

Got an email from them saying they are re designing the npas, so this will be a new version or will this new one be a version 3 ?

I know the one i ordered had curved edges not straight like mine and they said that was version 2

Anyway this is what mine looks like :

005-5.jpg

Stock valve = 420 fps

001-8.jpg

NPAS:

004-6.jpg

Edited by Crimson
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting much lower gas efficiency now, I've noticed, and I'm not sure why.

When I first got it, in the depths of winter (it was snowing as I was shooting) I was getting at least 3 mags from one fill. Now, for some reason, I'm lucky to get more than 2, and it's warmer. I've given the release valves and the piston cup some lube and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Anyone got any ideas? What sort of gas efficiency are you lot getting?

Really? huh, most odd.

Indoors (about 15°) I could get 4 full mags of BBs out on single shot on one charge of gas, 3 full mags on mixed single shot/burst fire. I didn't do any full auto mag emptying however.

Outdoors (hovering around freezing/0°) range appeared very good whilst I was setting the hop (with .28g), certainly on par with my ICS M4, couldn't get exact values on range as it started to snow and I couldn't see anything anymore. Gas efficiency at this temperature: mixed full auto/single shot 2 full mags bolt locked back but shots felt weak toward the end. Single shot only, 2 mags, then halfway through the 3rd mag shots started getting weak. Finished off the 3rd mag but bolt did not lock back.

That's what I was getting before. The only difference between then and now component wise is the NPAS spring (stock valve back in) and a new hop rubber. Is it possible the spring is causing this, or is it just wear and tear? I can't put the stock spring back in, as I chopped it up to replace the hop up spring that disappeared. I'll see if I can't find a spring from HK somewhere, if that is indeed the issue.

Edited by kruck

This is my npas

Got an email from them saying they are re designing the npas, so this will be a new version or will this new one be a version 3 ?

I know the one i ordered had curved edges not straight like mine and they said that was version 2

Yeah that's a V2, like the one I have sitting on my desk.

i guess ile wait for the new valve

was playing at epsom yesterday fps was like 300 ? and it was cold

the day before that i was at urban assault and it was freezing i mean totaly freezing with rain and everything and it was doing 350fps ?

I need an npas badly

you can see from my pictures that the npas takes far more space than the stock valve hence the lack of fps

yeah they said it may take a while to redesign it and then produce it

she offered me a refund because she said it would take a "while"

so i assuming its going to be over a month

Edited by Crimson

Guys the NPAS made by RATECH for the MP7 was designed to DECREASE THE FPS not increase it. It is adjustable so you can dial in the desired low FPS setting.

I can shoot 4 full mags on 1 full charge. Temp. here is 31 C.

Yep, that´s true. But for me it´s only adjustable to non-playable settings... With a PDI 6,01 I´m getting 300 fully open, 230 fully closed which is kind of stupid. I now carry the broken old V1 NPAS from RA-tech. The baseplate for adjusting that NPAS was destroyed, so it´s just another working fin valve, only I get 340 fixed fps with that and the PDI on my Taiwan version, 2 and half mags for every fill.

THAT is what I was looking for.

Guys the NPAS made by RATECH for the MP7 was designed to DECREASE THE FPS not increase it. It is adjustable so you can dial in the desired low FPS setting.

I can shoot 4 full mags on 1 full charge. Temp. here is 31 C.

I dont get it, what do you mean dial in the desired low fps setting ?

The npas should give you your stock setting and lower yes your right, in my case stock is 430 fps my npas is giving me a max of 300fps which is weak !

I want at least 350fps

Crimson,

Theoretically from it's highest setting, you can dial the power down to any low fps setting that you want before it reaches it's lowest setting. So if your MP7 is shooting 400fps stock and you put in a NPAS in it with it's maximum FPS setting, then that's all the power you can get out of it. So after the NPAS your shooting now at 300FPS max, so you can still LOWER that by opening the NPAS further.

Galactica,

Just saying that the temp here in our place is at 31C, lowest is 28C, it is hot. You guys are lucky.

I'm getting much lower gas efficiency now, I've noticed, and I'm not sure why.

When I first got it, in the depths of winter (it was snowing as I was shooting) I was getting at least 3 mags from one fill. Now, for some reason, I'm lucky to get more than 2, and it's warmer. I've given the release valves and the piston cup some lube and I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Anyone got any ideas? What sort of gas efficiency are you lot getting?

I may be wrong (a long time since I did physics) but I think this is normal: When the gas is cooler, it has less pressure & will therefore take longer to release from it's container. Thus lower pressure gas (due to temperature or not)will give less fps but more shots.

Either way, like others, I only get one mag (40 rnds) per fill, what ever the temperature.

Greg.

Crimson,

Theoretically from it's highest setting, you can dial the power down to any low fps setting that you want before it reaches it's lowest setting. So if your MP7 is shooting 400fps stock and you put in a NPAS in it with it's maximum FPS setting, then that's all the power you can get out of it. So after the NPAS your shooting now at 300FPS max, so you can still LOWER that by opening the NPAS further.

Galactica,

Just saying that the temp here in our place is at 31C, lowest is 28C, it is hot. You guys are lucky.

if it goes any lower it fails to shoot, so its either max or nothing

how are we lucky thats its cold here

Is there a way to mod the NPAS to give higher fps?

I though that by sanding down the npas it would create more space for the air, this was not the case

I also am looking for a way to boost my npas power

Maekl,

If you want more power. Don't use the NPAS, Use the power rocket valve for KSC Glocks.

Crimson,

Well out of the shades the temp can reach as high as 37C. Imagine running around and manouvering while dodging shots. But i guess you fellas have the same problems when it's too cold. Ha Ha Ha we have a saying "sala sa lamig sala sa init" which loosely translates to "A*****e, decide what you want, HOT or COLD."