Decided to have it another go with the KWA MP7.

I got one of these puppies around October/November of last year. I was getting double feeding issues with my particular unit. The only ammo it would never double feed on were Javelin brand ones.

I got a chance to field the gun over the past weekend and found that it shot far enough to be competitive. The sweet spot on the hop setting depends on the temperature and weight of BBs. One click to to the left and you don't have enough hop...one click to the right and you have too much hop. Having the hop set for lesser hop would get you to the sweet spot after shooting a few rounds as the magazine cools down some.

The gun performs impressively IMO.

Down side aside from the hop would be the heavy magazines. They weigh like a brick!

I had originally sold my first KWA MP7 GBB with my Blackhawk SMG hip pouch. Seems like they have been discontinued already.

In search of MOLLE pouches that would fit the magazines, I found that the CAMELBAK SMG pouch fits the bill perfectly when used as a hip pouch. I'll have to post a photo of what the magazines look like inserted in the pouch later tonight...Only thing that sucks is that it only comes in FG and Black color.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tamiya Plastic cement will fix that.

I'm wondering how much more these "fiber reinforced polymers" as they say that are used in KSC MP7s and MP9s are stronger than regular ABS?? There was another post somewhere a guy busted a part on the vertical grip of MP7 holding on to it and the weight of the gun breaking it?? These FRP must not be anywhere near the quality of the RS materials used in the RS MP7...Anyone with some knowledge of different polymers and FRPs shed some light or opinions about this?

Tekno: What temperature are you using the MP7? What gasses are you using the MP7? And has there been any modification to the bolt or blowback system?

Sorry late reply:

Tempertaure - not sure - im from Northern ireland, so its never that paticularaly warm.

Internally:

Bomber CNC's Blow back unit - that broke as well - the screw that holds the pin in place, that holds the blow back springs. That unthreaded its self - so is aroldited back in. My original BB unit discintrigrated almost.

Npas - im getting 280 - 300 out of it on a good day. (our upper limit is 328fps)

ATM - usuing Guarder gas (black tin) - thats probably my problem

knowing my luck it is. (the 'luck of the Irish' does not extend in my direction when it comes to airsoft).

I was lured in by the fact my last 'standard' unit broke - and this seemed a sensible idea at the time, and the sales pitch of 'it'll last longer than your Mp7' - well i guess thats true as it killed my Mp7 - SCREW YOU BOMBER.

*up middle finger*

Unfortunalty i hadn't bothered to read any reviews on the unit beofre i got it, and im still trawling through the 64 pages of this thread trying to find tit bits of info :D

Hey guys

Thought I would throw this one open to the brain trust!

Did my usual after skirmish strip down and cleaning (remove bolt, clean insides and barrel), last night I went to clean the mags and was playing around with the MP7 and have notices that the fire selector is now alot harder to switch between positions. Semi to Auto is ok, but Safe to semi takes quite a bit of a push to switch to semi.

I am sure that is something simple, but thought I would check before I cause permanent damage!

Later daze

Lee

Hey guys

Thought I would throw this one open to the brain trust!

Did my usual after skirmish strip down and cleaning (remove bolt, clean insides and barrel), last night I went to clean the mags and was playing around with the MP7 and have notices that the fire selector is now alot harder to switch between positions. Semi to Auto is ok, but Safe to semi takes quite a bit of a push to switch to semi.

I am sure that is something simple, but thought I would check before I cause permanent damage!

Later daze

Lee

Remove the bolt and inspect the inside. While the bolt is removed try the selector again. If it is still hard, you might have misaligned somethng while cleaning it. By the way you don't have to clean it always, say clean it after every 20 games or more. It is not like real steel, keep on cleaning it and you might actually break something.

Is anyone having intermittent leaking problems with their short mags? It seems after I leave the mags unattended/uncared for after a while, it will leak on the next gas leak - the only way I see to fix this is to keeping shooting/filling for some time, as well as heating the mag for a bit, until the leaks stop. After that it seem the mags won't leak. This problem is nonexistent on my long mags though.

Hi

I've tried trawling through the 65 pages but lost the will to live after about 15 pages. I couldn't get the search to give me the right results so I think I just need to ask here.

I'm just after which is the best replacement reinforced loading nozzle for the KSC Japanese version? I'd like to run my MP7 on green gas but I suspect I'll need to upgrade some internal parts?

Also, because my KSC MP7 is system 7, does that mean I need 'System 7' specific mags or can I just get any KSC M7 GBB mag?

I'm a newbie to the KSC MP7 :)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I've tried trawling through the 65 pages but lost the will to live after about 15 pages. I couldn't get the search to give me the right results so I think I just need to ask here.

I'm just after which is the best replacement reinforced loading nozzle for the KSC Japanese version? I'd like to run my MP7 on green gas but I suspect I'll need to upgrade some internal parts?

Also, because my KSC MP7 is system 7, does that mean I need 'System 7' specific mags or can I just get any KSC M7 GBB mag?

I'm a newbie to the KSC MP7 :)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Well for a Jap you need the ReadyFighter Nozzle. It requires no modification, unlike the TW and KWA

And I just ordered one not ten minutes ago. I've seen pictures with both types of suppressor, the Gucci QD ones and ones that thread on.

A big hank you 3vi1-D4n and AirSoftNJ above- I've now ordered the Ready Fighter nozzle and looking to find the mags- anyone wanting to sell any?

I've been unable to find any of the QD suppressor versions- can you please post a link to anyone selling the QD suppressors?

Thanks

Edited by bbstriker

http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/newsite/coming_images/mp7_slincer.jpg

Coming soon, which can be a bit of a wait with VFC.

thats old news actually was posted a few threads ago

Hey guys i think i found a way to put the the tracer into the GBtech/vfc mp7 silencer !

if i get the madbull tracer :

http://airsoftinformations.blogspot.com/2010/01/madbull-houp-led-module.html

i can buy or make a battery cradle ie 2 small AA batterys and then install it inside the silencer

thats old news actually was posted a few threads ago

Hey guys i think i found a way to put the the tracer into the GBtech/vfc mp7 silencer !

if i get the madbull tracer :

http://airsoftinform...led-module.html

i can buy or make a battery cradle ie 2 small AA batterys and then install it inside the silencer

But will that actually work well enough? The Madbull hop up tracer is illuminating the BBs when they are moving fairly slowly from the magazine to the firing chamber, whereas in the silencer, the BB is going to be moving much faster. And, if you were to do it, you might as well spend less money and wire up a bunch of UV or blue LEDs in the silencer.

oh i see so the madbull one charges the bbs before they are shot ?

The TM one i had just charged them as they were on the way out i thought the madbull one was doing the same thing ?

So what charges better UV LEDs or Blue LEDs ?

the highest power uv led i could find was 1W?

High Powered 1W UV LED Emitter

http://www.nrebate.com/en/high-powered-1w-uv-led-emitter.html?language=en&currency=GBP

would that be enough to charge a bb moving at 350 fps ?

1w would require at least 3.7v right ?

So if wired 4 of the uv leds together it would mean i would need at least 2 cr123a batterys ?

or four AAs

just did this mock up of the silencer i will attempt to make:

silencer2.jpg

Edited by Crimson