• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it was stock. The orginal nozzle blew so upgraded it. Then the screws broke in the bolt (the shop who fixed it must have over tighten them when replacing the nozzle) couldnt get hold of any replacement screws so got the new steel bolt instead. That then broke the gun more. The mags have been ###### since I got it. No matter what Ive done it just keeps going downhill :( Mind you I do have bad luck, about 80% of my gun's have all broken on me in the last few weeks!

Oh well i'll see how it goes tomorrow and if it break again i'll save for a new one.

Ok- sounds like a turkey :( However, the stock nozzle on my KSC (Japanese Version)will break if I use propane. That's the only bit I've replaced with a RF strengthened nozzle- so I guess I'm guilty of fiddling! But that's as far I go. With the hot weather in the UK at the moment, there is a much higher risk of parts failure when using propane.

I've found that using the weapon on semi 99% of the time increases the life of GBB weapons. Similar to real steel in a way. If you hammer an SA80 on full auto most of the time, you will need to replace parts much much sooner than normal.

TBH, the trigger response of the GBB MP& is so fast that semi-auto get's the job done- you can spit out rounds at hell of a rate.

Edited by bbstriker

Wow!

68 pages later I have a couple questions that I didn't see answered directly...

I live in Japan, and am thinking about getting the KSC MP7A1 Taiwan Version. However, I am having doubts and have a few questions to try and put my mind at ease.

KSC Japan has a warning on their website saying to "watch out" for foreign copies of their gun. They refuse to do any warranty or repair work, and perhaps even source parts for foreign versions of the gun. I am assuming they mean the KSC Taiwan and KWA versions. With this in mind I wonder if buying the Japanese version wouldn't be better?

I don't intend to use anything other than HFC134 gas as that ia all I can get in Japan. With that in mind, will the Taiwan version, with it's reinforced parts and stronger power, make it weaker on HFC? I am guessing it is stronger on GG or Propane, but I wonder how this translates to HFC.

Finally, I am having trouble finding 40 round mags, so wonder if it makes more sense to just buy mags here in Japan. Are they all the same, with the exception of the markings?

So, Taiwan or Japanese version?

Any help appreciated.

PS. I found a review here in Japan that quoted the average power of the Japanese model on HFC as about 73 m/s. I am hoping to get a bit better than that, but of course nothing over 98m/s :)

Taiwan version on 134a/Duster gas wont push 328fps or 1j it would be around that figure but not much higher

The Jap mags and Taiwan mags are the same

Some of the internals differ, mostly the float valve & the nozzle everything else is the same (someone correct me if i am wrong)

Dont use a strong recoil bolt it will crack your reciever, dont upgrade ANYTHING ! except for the inner barrel and you will be fine

I even use my mp7 in woodland ! thats how much i love it !

Crimson is right. The only problem i foresee on your part is that if you buy the Taiwan ver., you won't get any warranty and it might shoot a little hotter than your allowable FPS limits. But if you really want the Taiwan, just replace the rocket valve with a japanese version.

I ended up getting the Taiwan version from WGC. I am suddenly really paranoid that it is going to be too strong and they won't let it in, or I won't be able to use it.

Can someone point me to where I could get the Japanese style valve to try and decrease FPS, or perhaps someone that has the Taiwan version can offer me some chrono numbers on HFC gas. Thanks for that.

I ended up getting the Taiwan version from WGC. I am suddenly really paranoid that it is going to be too strong and they won't let it in, or I won't be able to use it.

Can someone point me to where I could get the Japanese style valve to try and decrease FPS, or perhaps someone that has the Taiwan version can offer me some chrono numbers on HFC gas. Thanks for that.

you can get the NPAS kit from RA-tech...unsure.gif

Thanks for that. I thought that was an item that could only be used for the Japanese version, but I think I had it confused with another part..good to know there is an option, and appreciate the heads up. Will just wait an see what happens with the one I ordered. Now if only WGC had 40 round mags :)

Thanks for that. I thought that was an item that could only be used for the Japanese version, but I think I had it confused with another part..good to know there is an option, and appreciate the heads up. Will just wait an see what happens with the one I ordered. Now if only WGC had 40 round mags smile.gif

hmmmm, I don't think so...but I think its kinda funny that you're in Japan and you got the Taiwan version!biggrin.gif

Ironic isn't it...but there were 4 factors...

1. It seemed the only reports in this thread of guns breaking were Japanese versions (granted on GG), so I figured the Taiwanese one would be the most "robust".

2. With the strong yen it was about 100US cheaper to get theTaiwanese version.

3. I had some money sitting in paypal that was easier to spend at a HK shop then try transfer to a bank in Japan.

4. Japanese reviews had the Japanese version shooting about 75m/s.

Thanks again for your help with my questions. It's appreciated.

My KSC mp7 Taiwan version shoots about 15 meters straight and would go up after that. Is that normal?, I'm using KSC .20g BB's. Please help i understand its only 160mm long inner barrel, but my hop up is on off/low setting. or do you guys think it does this because its such a high FPS and short inner barrel?

The big screw that holds the piston-cup-holder-thingy that is on the back of the bolt, appears to have the end snapped/sheared off inside the piston-cup-holder-thingy (I say appears, the end of the screw is mashed up and it no longer reaches deep enough into the back of the bolt to hold the piston-cup-holder-thingy in place).

Which would be why, despite my best efforts, the piston-cup-holder-thingy keeps on coming loose within the loading nozzle, causing bolt jams (oddly enough, performance seems unaffected, although that might be because it always comes loose as soon as I fire the '7 after reattaching the piston-cup-holder-thingy.

BTW, anyone know what the "piston-cup-holder-thingy" is actually called?

And can anyone with a spare moment measure the length of the big screw so I'm sure the very end has sheared off?

My thanks :)

Most irritating given I wanted to skirmish it tomorrow :( , but then it has had well over 20k rds through it, probably approaching 30k...

Most irritating given I wanted to skirmish it tomorrow :( , but then it has had well over 20k rds through it, probably approaching 30k...

Dude thats intense ! 20k ? in an entire day i use around 300 round max ! and thats using my mp7 as a primary !

How do you reach nearly 30k ?

Which bolt do you mean i have mine out at the moment and can measure it for you.

Finally its hot here, the mp7s performance in hot conditions is amazing ! Used it today was the best gun i have ever used.

I just need to comment on how excellent the KSC Taiwan version is !

God himself probably dispenses his lightning bolts through an MP7

Edited by Crimson

I "plink" a lot, constantly "testing" it (I think I fired about 2k just zeroing the eotech, then another 1k zeroing the 2nd eotech) when I change BB weight its another 4-500 setting the hop, another few hundred at the site to check etc. etc. Then fire a lot on the range at games (sometimes me usually others having a go with it), and it has been skirmished quite a lot (usually less than 500 fired per skirmish though, last skirmish someone else used it probably approached 7-800 in that game alone).

I don't really count just observe the number of bags/bottles of BBs I go through wink.gif

And that's not counting dry firing...

Before I had any of the problems I posted in this thread about it had several thousand rounds through it, just plinking, 'cause it's that fun to shoot :P

when you look at the back of the bolt, there is the big screw at the bottom, and the little screw at the top that holds in the rod that holds in the recoil springs. It's the big screw at the bottom.

Just taken another look and cleaned out the piston-cup-holder-thingy and there isn't anything stuck in it, so if the end has sheared off (which I'm beginning to doubt now), it ain't in there.

No idea why the screw won't reach now but was fine before...

Edited by kruck