• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one know any tricks to stop the god dam spring in the blow back unit from getting crushed?

Just got new internals, and rebuilt the blow back unit, 1st set of springs last 60 rounds, 2nd set last about 100rnds before getting crushed.

HAve the KSC version with ready fighter nozzle.

Thanks

I had the same problem with the Ready fighter nozzle. The issue seems to be with the springs on the nozzle slipping off.

If you cut a small groove on each plastic bit that the spring attaches to on the nozzle, then the spring loop is latched (under tension) onto the nozzle bit-the problem should go away. It's worked for me.

Good luck.

Edited by bbstriker

Oh my ghey - its happened again - W.T. Actual F is going on. 4 sets of springs crushed in as many days.

I give up.

Is the KWA version any easier on the springs - i love this gun to bits (more than my PTW!!) when it works but this is ridiculas =/

Should maybe have stopped running it on green, but needed to to get any decent power out of it @ the temperates in Ireland - aint exactly warm =]

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out I ordered the wrong size. The stock screw is M4x10, I ordered a load of now useless M3x16. Ah well, I received the M4x16 today and that has resolved that issue.

Unfortunately it has started misfeeding again. Time for a new hop up rubber methinks, at least I'll be able to take it apart this time...

Oh my ghey - its happened again - W.T. Actual F is going on. 4 sets of springs crushed in as many days.

I give up.

Is the KWA version any easier on the springs - i love this gun to bits (more than my PTW!!) when it works but this is ridiculas =/

Should maybe have stopped running it on green, but needed to to get any decent power out of it @ the temperates in Ireland - aint exactly warm =]

I've used the RF springs in my KWA, no issues at all. My KWA springs snapped after around 500 rnds.

How strong would the KSC Mp7 Taiwan be when you have the Shooter Design Rocket valve install? I'm wondering because my gov't think if the gun doesn't shoot hot enough it's dangerous (<430fps on 0.2g), if it's too hot it's dangerous too. (500fps+ & 5.7J+)

My MP7 was delivered, without issue, to my door about a month ago.

I have been playing with it the past few weeks and my testing on HFC gas has had me right on the 1 Joule limit. With .2 BB I am shooting around 97-98m/s. I have yet to break 100 m/s so it is compliant. This has also been in very hot and humid weather as it is summer time here in Japan. I am hoping that these numbers will drop a touch as it starts to cool down.

With .25 BBs the gun is hitting between 85-90 m/s. I had a single 100 m/s shot as well, so with .25 BBs I end up breaking the 1 Joule law here in Japan. I am going to have to get an RA-tech NPAS I guess :(

As with everyone's reports, this thing is a blast to shoot, and is very well built.

I was able to buy 3 Japanese KSC 40 round magazines and a three mag pouch, so I am set. I was going to try it this weekend, but I think I will hold off until I get the NPAS so that I don't have any legal issues to deal with.

Here is the mag pouch...

Made by Ghost Gear, the clothing division of Laylax.

04021039_49d417395d723.jpg

Edited by dstole

How strong would the KSC Mp7 Taiwan be when you have the Shooter Design Rocket valve install? I'm wondering because my gov't think if the gun doesn't shoot hot enough it's dangerous (<430fps on 0.2g), if it's too hot it's dangerous too. (500fps+ & 5.7J+)

My KWA USA version is shooting almost 460 with my Firefly valve in.

Made by Ghost Gear, the clothing division of Laylax.

The pouches i had made are better designed than that i had pouches just like that but the wall of the mag stoper on the mag kept geting caught on the mag pouch, I think the way mine are designed are the best, you dont even need to secure them too :)

Guys have you seen this :

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/dytac-mp7-qd-silencer-with-tri-lug-flashider-black.html

Too bad its not in stock would have bought it in a flash !

Cause of the bolt jams discovered. The four little screws on the bolt, sometimes would come loose and jam against the rails, solution was just to rack the bolt till it came free. Making sure they're in tight, add a little loctite if needed and it's all sorted. Just waiting for some more propane to arrive and I'll do some thorough testing, make sure I don't need a(nother) new hop rubber. Can't wait to skirmish this again, it has been far too long (I've had to use AEGs three times in woodland!! ohmy.gif).

I have a little headcam footage of my last skirmish with it in woodland, camera stops recording after a couple of minutes of contact but it recorded the first few kills of a massive streak tongue.gif

I've actually had more problems this past 2 months with AEGs than I've had total with the MP7 blink.gif

Hi folks,

long time reader, first time poster here!:rolleyes:

I've run into a problem with my TW KSC, I was running the mp7 stock (apart from npas, which I'm not impressed with to be honest) but I stupidly added the hard kick to the gun. It worked away fine for a shoot and after that I noticed that the bolt was finding it hard to cycle but mostly wasn't releasing.

Having looked at the bottom of the bolt, there was evidence of unnatural wear on the left hand side. When I took out the innards it seems as if the the hammer release mech on the left hand side isn't releasing in sync with the right side. It will release with a small amount of force and I'm guessing that the mech is slightly bent?

Have any of you have had similar issues with the mp7?

Many thanks!!

I have never had any problems at all what so ever with my mp7 (knocks on wood)

@Crimson,

Sorry, I don't recall seeing your pouches. Are they here in the thread? Really don't want to read all 70 pages again.

Can you point me to them? Thanks.

yeah they are there somewhere

Its quicker to just take new pictures:

011-5.jpg

Ok, further to my previous post, I figured out what was catching the bolt. The hard rubber pad that sits on the butt plate had come loose and was sitting just above the pistol grip.

Needless to say it's well and truly bonded now but I'd image the regular applications of silicone oil might have loosened it in the 1st place?

Anyhow, now that's sorted, does anyone know if anywhere has the 40rd mags in stock?

Just picked one of these up from a buddy a few days ago and the thing is a blast to shoot.

Probably one of, if not the best gas gun I've owned in terms of functionality and overall skirmishing ability. Never before have I had a GBB that could fire 177 "Playable" (IE: Enough FPS/Range to tag someone while playing) shots on one magazine fill.

I was able to get through about 50 pages or so and aside from a NPAS and some of the Rocket valves, are there any other upgrades some of you gentlemen have found helpful in your MP7?