Sorry for the delay, but I finally finished installing the Falcon valve and bucking. With just the Falcon parts installed, the FPS rose from ~400 fps to ~510 fps. Other than some light sanding of the inside of the VFC supressor, the inner barrel is an easy installation.

-Piano

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up PianoBlack's Mp7 and messed around with it today. The falcon barrel and hop-up rubber has it up at about 500fps, toss in a dangerworx rocket valve and it's back down to 350fps. I'm getting about 170ft out of it, but need to shoot it someplace with a longer range. This thing could easily out compete many carbine AEGs I see, and it sounds so freaking amazing on full auto.

Edit:

So toss up my findings with the longer barrel, all of this has been done with coleman propane, and Killerbeez ( really good no longer made brand I just happen to have a ton of them) .20g BBs that have an average weight variance of .19g to .215g, a Falcon blue hop-up, and a Falcon 363mm inner barrel. These are with ten shot averages taken by a Xcortech X3200.

First the Stock valve produced an average of 498.5 FPS over ten shots, ranging out to about 175ft (this could be potentially better, I have not adjusted the hop-up optimally yet).

The DangerWorx valve (I believe the falt valve) 354FPS over ten shots, again getting about 170ft.

The Shooters Design Rocket Valve (that claims a 35% power increase from stock) 464 FPS and about 170ft.

Edited by frogfish

I probably only put about 200 rds through it today so I don't think I can comment much on swelling or any issues that are not currently present in new equipment. But if anything comes up I'll post.

Edited by frogfish

74 pages read over the last 2 days and I still need some answers :P

I have bought a KSC Japan version MP7 and predictably the stock cylinder gave out after a few shots.

The retailer is kindly sending me a replacement KWA cylinder which should arrive today or tomorrow.

Has anyone here ran a Jap version KSC with KWA nozzle with the original piston cup and valves on green/propane ?

If so have have there been any problems in the long or short term or will I need to replace the piston cup with the KWA version ?

Many Thanks

Gaz

DOes anyone know where I can find an original part KSC bolt carrier? I'm a little exasperated after fruitlessly searching. A UK source would be best but anywhere in the world be do. My existing bolt carrier won't come apart- the grub screws won't unscrew! The ready fighter nozzle has crushed one of the springs. I'm fed up with th readyfighetr nozzle- dying to put the ksc back in.

I can readily order a Bomber steel bolt carrier but from what I have gathered, they are likely to cause the receiver to crack- is this right?

DOes anyone know where I can find an original part KSC bolt carrier? I'm a little exasperated after fruitlessly searching. A UK source would be best but anywhere in the world be do. My existing bolt carrier won't come apart- the grub screws won't unscrew! The ready fighter nozzle has crushed one of the springs. I'm fed up with th readyfighetr nozzle- dying to put the ksc back in.

I can readily order a Bomber steel bolt carrier but from what I have gathered, they are likely to cause the receiver to crack- is this right?

Steel bolt + high flow floating valve(rocket valve) + green gas = receiver crack

I tried the Bomber Aluminum. In my case, I found that there is some mis-measurement when they manufacture it. So it won't cycle smoothly (actually the bolt carrier stuck).

About the RF nozzle that crush your spring did you do step 2 in the diagram below?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MZxetmbSAtA/S4qdQFxC5qI/AAAAAAAAAAM/wDT9CM2Edck/s1600-h/RF_nozzel_mod2.jpg

I use RF loding nozzle in both my KWA and KWS MP7 and there is no-problem so far. May be because I cut my own nozzle retention spring they hold better than the stocked/RF spring.

Edited by -l-

I brought the KSC Japan version as it came out, and also burst the cylinder instantly.

Instead of trying to get a KWA version cylinder and a new cup, the Ready-Fighter cylinder is still holding up after +25K shots, half on RedGas... so it holds.

Remember to glue the spring onto the Ready-Fighter cylinder, I have gone +20K rounds after doing that.

Getting a new bolt is tricky.

I broke mine due to stupidity and called all major HK shops, in vain.

RA-Tec saved my *albatross*, and tracked down a bolt in about 12 weeks (KCS/KWA were not making the parts at the moment).

The Bomber Aluminium bolt don't fit in the receiver.

The sides need to be parallel, but bolt is wider at the bottom then to the top.

... and the two I have seen, the screws in the front block were off center by ½mm.

Remember to replace the screws holding the front block in the bolt assembly, if you got the black hex ones.

The black screws are way to brittle and snaps.

Replace and remember to use a thread glue on these, as block they are holding takes a hit on each shot, and is prone to get lose.

Do not over tighten the screws... thats how I broke my bolt.

And now to the reason I came back to this thread after a year:

As anyone knows, the Mp7 magazines don't fit anything.

The change of width halfway, the protrusions on the side and the curve, makes the Mp7 magazines a pain to get securely on to your rig.

But not anymore.

http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/3700/img4729o.jpg

The guy at http://www.ce-tactical.dk made this triple panel for me, to fit the look of Endom USA's pistol pouches.

(Any Geardo would recognize the need for matching stylish pouches)

The panel holds 3 custom kydex insets that securely holds the magazines, and evens out the width difference of the upper part with the side protrusions.

So no more loosing magazines, no more 3x½kg magazines pouncing around in not fitting pouches even in flat out sprint.

Yes custom comes a bit pricey, but I'm a happy Geardo. :D

Over tightening those hex screws on my bolt carrier is what has screwed (pun inteneded!) up my bolt carrier- what a pain :(

However I'm still operating the readyfighter nozzle with just one spring. I pulled out the crushed spring and the weapon seems to be operating fine so far on one remaining spring. I have ordered a KWA carrier with front block and new hex screw set from KWA USA.

But before I change anything (i.e. break apart the existing carrier to re-use internal bits) I'll see how long the single spring arrangement holds- it's held now for about three months.

Does anyone know what effect operating the nozzle on one spring has? I'm not sure I can tell the difference from two springs- Perhaps on full auto, the sound may be slightky different but I'm not sure. I'm guessing two springs were designed into the weapon because they were needed?

Edited by bbstriker

The cylinder is normally moving totally free, as soon the pressure is off.

So one spring is enough to move it back as it clears the piston and vents the pressure.

KSC always had 2 springs, I guess it pulls more straight... :P

TM always uses only one, and there piston O-ring is offering more friction.

Be advised that KWA-USA is just a KWA distributor like ASG in Europe.

They are a independent USA based company that just re-sells KWA guns.

So they are normally not faster on spare parts, then ordering from the HK shops that also get there parts form KWA.

KWA-USA loves to tell that they actually are "the KWA" and they are involved in gun design and stuf...

When all they do is importing guns from KWA in Taiwan, and sell them as KWA-USA guns.

Back before the Mp7 came out a, apparently prominent, guy from KWA-USA calmed that there special KWA-USA Mp7 were designed and manufactured in the US, and completely different from the inferior Japanese model made by the KSC company.

And he got really mad, as people pointed out that there special KWA-USA Mp7, came form the same factory as the KSC one... even form the same casting mold, and used the same parts and magazines.

So, KWA-USA might say that they can get parts and bits, straight form "there own" factory.

Just remember that most HK shops strangely seems to have better connections, as soon as you want spare parts and not whole guns. Whole Guns that comes neatly packed i small boxes, stacked in bigger boxes, that comes in by ship from Asia, with "Taiwan" printed on the side.

There is nothing wrong with KWA-USA guns, they are the same as any other KWA gun.

Just more expensive, and with fake name and fake trademarks...

But they shoot just as well.

Thank you for the info. It really is very useful to know this stuff.

I guess that I'll continue with the single spring until that gets crushed after which I'll have to re-build a new bolt carrier.

I went to KWA USA because I could not find a single HK retailer that sold either an orginal KSC/KWA MP7 bolt carrier or a Bomber Aluminium carrier. There are loads of Steel bolt carriers but from what I understand it is not a good idea for the receiver- it breaks it. Do you know of any HK retailers selling the KSC/KWA MP7 bolt carrier? I spent two whole evenings searching every HK retailer in existence with no luck!

Edited by bbstriker

As anyone knows, the Mp7 magazines don't fit anything.

The change of width halfway, the protrusions on the side and the curve, makes the Mp7 magazines a pain to get securely on to your rig.

But not anymore.

I have been using the exact same rig for mp7 this year long I use for mi TM SOPMOD. You can fit 4 mp7 mags here:

200862615243124.jpg

One each side, two center, upper straps cut, just-pull-them-out, they stay in by simple pressure and the protrusions` help.

And over that I wear two good old:

2008111113323815.jpg

You can securely fit 2 mags in each pouch, totalling 8 more mags, to exchange in game pauses with the ready ones. I normally carry only 4, one each pouch.

I also use that RRV to play WE M14/mp7, 4 mags in the double m4 pouches plus 4 mp7 mags in the inside pouch.

I play milsim or just for fun on a mixed environment, going to ground, wall climbing, running, even silence is a necessity to assault the urban area. Very active and never, ever, had a mag fell out.

Do you know of any HK retailers selling the KSC/KWA MP7 bolt carrier? I spent two whole evenings searching every HK retailer in existence with no luck!

RA-Tec got one for me from the KWA factory.

Ask them but it might tage som time to get.

@ Kretschmer.

I also uses twin 556 pouches, from Emdom though, for my AUG magazines.

And if there is only one Mp7 magazine in, they rattle about as I run.

The new pouches, with kydex insets, hold them tight in full sprint.

Danish airsoft is often running... fast. :P

Edited by Duckling

Its true, but start the ticket. Otherwise the months will fly by and and after you've exhausted the options you'll be still at the start line.

I know last year while I was waiting for some parts I bought another MP7, ran it till the parts showed up and then fixed and sold the first one. Maybe not the ideal solution for all folks but it's a typical one for all airsoft gear, not just these.

The other option is to find a really wrecked one up for sale and hope to salvage the spring out if it.